2012 Olympic Games

• Thailand is the same with turkey i think they should have beaten japan but they couldnt and then they claimed japan-serbia about fixing match(which gets me really angry) and i really dont understand turkish team fans that they r talking pretend usa beat turkey 3-0 :what: match isnt played still and turkey has still chance to QF :thumbup:

My friend....we have to get 2 sets or 3 sets fron usa to advanve to QF....and what do you expect Turkish fans to say?? usa will destroy us?? sure they(turkish fans) will keep hopes and the way is clear to do that to get points/sets....do we have other ways other than hoping to get sets/poinst from usa?? is it clear enough??

• My friend....we have to get 2 sets or 3 sets fron usa to advanve to QF....and what do you expect Turkish fans to say?? usa will destroy us?? sure they(turkish fans) will keep hopes and the way is clear to do that to get points/sets....do we have other ways to hope to get sets/poinst from usa?? is it clear enough??

R u sure that u got what i said ? Lol please read it again im saying turkey has still chance to reach QF :thumbsup:

• So if Ozge is so weak she shouldn't go to London. It looks like Motta wasted one place in roster taking completely useless player...

Özge is in London because she is the 2nd best Turkish setter, but that doesn't mean she has to play. It's somehow similar to Russia, why don't people say that Matienko should replace Startseva when Russia gets in trouble? Because it's a fact that Startseva is on a completely different level than Matienko. I acknoledge that Özge played some very good matches in her career, but as Serdar said, I remember a lot of really bad matches of her too. Naz is doing a very good tournament and I have never in the whole tournament seen the need to substitute her apart from the double substitution with Özge and Polen sometimes.

And let me tell you something from the perspective of a setter, being one myself: It is very important to know that the coach trusts you and you won't land on bench when you make two mistakes. If it were like this, setters play very conservative and just do plays that are no risk at all just to avoid making mistakes, but it makes it easy for the opponent. Creative plays always have some risk, but they are necessary to make it more difficult for the opponent to read the game. It is the same with setters coming off bench, they need to know that the coach allows them some time to find rhythm and doesn't take them out again at the first mistake.
    For me, what I just explained is one of the main problems of Brazil in this tournament. There is no clear 1st setter, it should have been Fernanda but now it seems to be Dani. This shows that Ze doesn't trust either of his setters, and if the coach does not trust them, the other players won't do it either. I find it very important to have a clear hierarchy who is 1st and 2nd setter, this does not mean that there should never be a substitution, but the 1st setter should know and feel the trust of the coach because this is absolutely necessary to play well :!:

• She said in the interview post match that it was anger cry. :P

And Sheila said in the interview that she kidded with the others that she'll kill Kim if she doesn't play great today. :lol:

May be she is so nervous .....

• It should be an excel file.

i just noticed if a team does not win any set at all then it would definitely hurt a player because for example even if player a gets a3.5 points per set average but her team lost 3-0 she will not get any set wins but player b if her points per set is only 1.7 but her team wins 3-0 she will get a set win value of higher than 0 no matter how small it is.

• Before i thought that turkey couldnt win against usa but in the world cup 2011 germany beat usa 3-0 :thumbsup: i wonder if turkey can do it or not :what: but there are two things make turkey's job harder than germany.There is no grun in turkey and turkey is not a systematic team as germany

Are you really sure that Turkey doesn't have its own Grün :roll:

• So if Ozge is so weak she shouldn't go to London. It looks like Motta wasted one place in roster taking completely useless player... It would be even worse mistake than passive style of coaching :whistle:
    Anyway TUR still has a chance for advance and I want to wait with my assessment. I think everything is possible because I don't find USA unbeatable. :!:

So what do you offer? Turkey should bring only one setter? Of course Özge must be in the roster I am not against the idea of that she is better than other candidates such as Elif Ağca, Asuman Karakoyun or Nilay Özdemir :whistle: On the other hand, I don't think that she is not good enough to make a significant change in the team in the case of substitution. As Matthias example, although Startseva makes mistakes, Matienko doesn't substitute her due to difference between their level. Thus, Motta brings her in the cae of possible injury for sure ;) or for double subs to let Polen play instead of Neslihan

• Are you really sure that Turkey doesn't have its own Grün :roll:

I know whom u mean but what i tried to say is different. Grun and her role is in the german system after she came to team 2011 is totally different from turkey.A bit clear its about being systematic team cause of giovanni guidetti and its obvious that turkey has not a particular systematic game style .Its like every set we watch a different team no matter if it leads or is behind.Hope u understand what i mean :drink:

• I believe in Turkish girls. I think they are going to make it. Go Türkiye :heart:
    Serdar you are so biased that it is not even funny.
    As I say before we are lucky to have Naz in our team but she is completely replaceable.She is one of the best players of the team in this Olympics but there were times when Naz was making mistake after mistake ,Motta did nothing.. I think we are talking about Naz very much because she is the darling of Motta, and when people want to blame Motta they are using Naz.

To be honest, I should say I am kinda disappointed about you since as far as I remember your posts from Turkish forum, I thought you had decent perspective to see more than tip of the iceberg :whistle:

I've watch each match of Turkey in this tournament and I don't remember single time which is necessary to substitute Naz except double subs (to substitute Neslihan indeed) Tell me which spesific part of the game Naz must be replaced? The thing is that we never got trouble due to setter's predictable, performance or wrong player choice etc. Our main problem is generally reception issues with Neriman or attacking problem with Neslihan mainly. (blocking deficiency is already chronic) So I really don't get what give you hope to think things will be better by changing the setter who is showing most consistent and impressive performance. To fix the problem you would change the problematic part, however you are offering let's change working part and hope to see some miracle :what:

Anyway, I fed up explaining people why we need Naz on the court. Since Motta (and commentators such as Matthias who knows setter phsycology and sees further volleyball dynamics) also agrees with me and Naz is playing, there is no problem for me :roll:

To back the topics, what are expectations for RUS-ITA match? Are we finally see a competitive match from group A, or an easy match from Russia again? (without Lo bianco I am kinda curious about Italy's performance :huh: )

• To back the topics, what are expectations for RUS-ITA match? Are we finally see a competitive match from group A, or an easy match from Russia again? (without Lo bianco I am kinda curious about Italy's performance :huh: )

I expect Russia to come out on top of Pool A. But I am curious whether Sokolova will finally play a full match. Or will it continue to look like Estes is Ovchinnikov's starter.

• Personally, I find it a bit hard to gauge Russia's performance in this olympics. The last time they had an excellent performance was already 2 yrs ago in WCH. I think the team look much better than last year but I'm not sure if it's not enough to beat top teams like usa. Maybe because most of the opponents they had this year were easy teams. Their win in the olympics is still unconvincing as of now. against an italy without Lo Bianco, it would be much easier for Russia to win for Italy is a team which relies on a good setter. I think Russia will surprise us, either in a good way or bad way. Nevertheless, I will support this team all the way and I hope they can achieve a medal in London. :)

• Anyway, I fed up explaining people why we need Naz on the court. Since Motta (and commentators such as Matthias who knows setter phsycology and sees further volleyball dynamics) also agrees with me and Naz is playing, there is no problem for me :roll:

To back the topics, what are expectations for RUS-ITA match? Are we finally see a competitive match from group A, or an easy match from Russia again? (without Lo bianco I am kinda curious about Italy's performance :huh: )

Don't forget Guidetti who had Özge in his team in the last years and wants to have Naz now, there must be some reason for it ;)

About RUS-ITA...it's difficult because it doesn't really matter who wins, but both teams will want to improve their rhythm for QF and for both it is the hardest test so far. Italy has played better and other teams (Brazil and China) worse than I expected, so maybe Italy could have a chance to reach semis finally, but it will still be difficult. I hope Leo's injury is not serious, but at least in the easy matches vs GBR and Algeria, Rondon did a pretty good job.
    Russia had ups and downs, when they play their best game they are the 2nd best team in the tournament behind USA, but in the matches so far, they had problems to keep the highest level. Startseva is not yet playing her best, her connection with MBs is not as good as it looked in Yeltsin Cup, and in the Japan match, the pipe with Gamova was often problematic. But Russia's block and defense is very good, better than I thought, and despite a few problems their overall attacking game is good too. With Goncharova in the team, there is less pressure on Gamova. I expect Russia to win tomorrow, I just hope it will be more convincing that it was against Japan.

• Tomorrow's games:

Korea vs China
    Turkey vs USA
    Serbia vs Brazil

In my opinion, China will beat Korea by either 3-0 or 3-1, USA will beat Turkey 3-0 or 3-1 and Brazil will also beat Serbia 3-0. So the final standings will be like this:

1). USA with 15 points
    2). China with 10 points
    3). Brazil with 7 points
    4). Korea with 7 points

I'm not sure who has the more superior point ratio between Brazil and Korea but tomorrow's games will be very significant. Either way, Russia or Italy will face Brazil in the quarters. Thats just too earl. And I am very sure Brazil will play all-out.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)