2012 Olympic Games

• From press conference:

Telling that they didn't know that 3-2 gets them both to next round sounds a little ridiculous :roll:

Je, je, je Kim could have got ready a better excused to explain what had happened on the court at least. :aww:

• It's always the team that didn't take care of business on their own end and try to place the blame on other teams. Thai fans did the same a few months ago and now it's Turkey's turn. If Turkey would have played better against Brazil and Korea they wouldn't be in this situation. You can whine and complain all you want about match-fixing and such but at the end of the day if they don't qualify they have no one else to blame but themselves,

I really agree about thailand ,they should have beaten japan before they started to claim japan-serbia about fixing :thumbdown:

• people are s fixated abut the previous match that there is little discussion about the match that is happening right now :rolll:

• It's always the team that didn't take care of business on their own end and try to place the blame on other teams. Thai fans did the same a few months ago and now it's Turkey's turn. If Turkey would have played better against Brazil and Korea they wouldn't be in this situation. You can whine and complain all you want about match-fixing and such but at the end of the day if they don't qualify they have no one else to blame but themselves,

definitely agree with you. But you are missing something that we still depend on our own last game. It is not crying to expect a 5-set game from China-Korea. I wrote yesterday every sport sites in Turkey people expected this result but we will still have a chance by own performance against USA. Whenever you need a good result from a different game you never get it. So, everything is going well so far considering how the world goes around.

• people are s fixated abut the previous match that there is little discussion about the match that is happening right now :rolll:

Yes. That's also because the result of this match is so obvious there's not much to discuss. Lol.

Sent you a private message by the way.

The funny thing is how often when a special result is needed, it also became reality. Not only in volleyball, but in general also. I remember a match between Denmark and Sweden in Euro 2004. There was one way for both team too advance from the group, and it was 2 play the result 2-2. What happend? ofc the result ended 2-2, and Italy was eliminated because of that. They are convinced the match was fixed, but in Sweden nobady thought so, and said like u now "how patethic from their fans 2 belive somethin´ like that" :lol:

• Has Japan ever used Sakoda as their OPP? She is at least the same height as Risa and Yamaguchi and she is a much better attacker.

• Has Japan ever used Sakoda as their OPP? She is at least the same height as Risa and Yamaguchi and she is a much better attacker.

But Risa and Yamaguchi are receivers, Ebata and Sakoda are not so only one of them can play.

I can't believe these idiots did not put ice on Sandell's foot right away, you could even see through the socks how big the swelling was a few minutes later. No doubt she has all ligaments in the ankle torn and she's really lucky if there is no fracture somewhere. And she looked like her knee was hurting too :( I really hate such injuries...

• The funny thing is how often when a special result is needed, it also became reality. Not only in volleyball, but in general also. I remember a match between Denmark and Sweden in Euro 2004. There was one way for both team too advance from the group, and it was 2 play the result 2-2. What happend? ofc the result ended 2-2, and Italy was eliminated because of that. They are convinced the match was fixed, but in Sweden nobady thought so, and said like u now "how patethic from their fans 2 belive somethin´ like that" :lol:

Yes, that is exactly what i mean saying the world goes around. Not only in sport games but every areas.

• Sandell's injury has visibly affected the whole team. The fire in their game and the excessive celebrating after nice points is totally gone. Meanwhile, Japan is far from convincing and that makes me pray that there won't be a Korea-Japan QF, neither of these teams deserves to be in semifinal! Korea played the match of their lives against Brazil, but other than that they have been shaky.

• when your team had secured a position never dropping to the 4th, you will understand the reason they feel overjoyed like this.
    obviously it is not a fixed game, Korea has shown they could beat any team...and China is not strong enough to dominate any team...3-2 is a normal score in such a crucial game for the both teams.

Yes it wasn't fixed, but the match finished with only score which takes 2 teams to the quarters, there is no fixing in this match, like badminton :down:

• for the first time ever, brazil is on the edge of not making it to the QF. and this is the same team that dominated beijing just 4 years earlier, minus Mari (who i terribly miss and who could make the difference had she been in london!!!!!). :( ;(

all faults weigh heavily on ze roberto and his coaching staff... what a stupid and horrible idea to let go of mari, fabiola, and sassa very easily and off-handedly. :cursing: :hit: :down:

I still believe that there's a high chance that USA will let turkey win. no matter how bad they play, brazil is still a big threat for all top teams!!! and this is the biggest chance for them to eliminate brazil in this competition. of course, the chance to go unbeaten in their own pool will give USA a great mental boost is another thing. so, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. this is one heck of a day indeed....... :|

• JPN vs GBR... @ 3:0

any match in Pool A which has Algeria, Great Britain, and Dominican Republic makes me cry. Why can't one team from Pool B switch places with one of them? Brazil and Turkey, both very deserving teams, and yet one will be dropped from Q4 while one of these three will just be crushed by USA (most probably 3:0) in the Quarter finals... :(

• I think there is zero chance that USA will do that.

as Brazil's fan, i would love it if USA will crush turkey 3:0. ;) (sorry turkish fans, i'm just being honest here!!! :cheesy: :rolll: :dance6: ) but in case turkey did qualify instead of brazil, i'll support them as well. i'm just saying that such scenario MIGHT occur.

in any case, turkey will have a fight of their lives to stay alive, the same with brazil.