2012 Olympic Games

• Serbian team has been a disappointmen at Og.They missed Nikolic,Malagurski and Molnar.Malagurski's reception isnt great either.So she shouldnt be a great loss.Nikolic isnt great receiving Oh but She is an experienced player.İ think Serbian team missed Molnar a lot.However,i didnt see Serbain team well prepared for OG..They still have good players like Maja,İvana,Rasiç,Velickovic,Jovana,Vesoviç and Mihayloviç and should have played better.
    i liked Mihaylovic playing for Volero but in Serbian team she hasnt made a difference.i think Terziç wanted to make her be a second Nikolic.
    IMO,Serbian team could have been played better but they have been tired,they have been playing with the same players for a long time and this young players have lost their rhythm and motivation to play.

• This team deserves to be in OG, in QF, .... that one doesn't deserve ... 8|
    Deserve, deserve ...
    We shouldn't use this silly word here. There are results and nothing else.

• Korean,Brasilian and other teams are not bad teams...They deserved it..Good luck for QF!
    i hope Russia can play their best to mach up Usa.Russia have better blockers than us,Brazil,İtalia and If they serve well then i dont think Hooker is unstoppable ,they can stop Hooker.But im not sure If Russia can be as good or stable as Usa at defence and team -play.
    Also Startseva is one of the weakest point for Russia.Berg is playing very well.

• oh my god i hope all your predictions will not become a jinx..hahahahah i'm so nervous..

back in 2010 WCH almost all of you predicted brazil will win but it is other way around...

but now please i hope all of you have an lips of an angel...

this is the last time that Karpol-era players will play together ... ;(

• This team deserves to be in OG, in QF, .... that one doesn't deserve ... 8|
    Deserve, deserve ...
    We shouldn't use this silly word here. There are results and nothing else.

Okay then what word shall we use? These are results that show their performance so it isn't nothing. What's silly is discrediting other teams based on being unstable? Korea, being 2nd or 3rd in their pool, a pool which is a pool of death with so many powerful teams is something we should not discount. Beating other heavily favored teams. So I wont really count them out and say that they don't deserve to be in the semis. Just me.

• I think you´re expektations on Kim is bit 2 high. I mean against China last round she scored 32p and had 50% effectivity in attack, and was effective in both blocking and serving. She was even better against Brazil, but why complain about that this was weaker, when she still performs a super match like almost no one else can do against teams at this level?

First of all, I was not complaining, just saying it ;) And second, there is more to performance to numbers. I was referring to her movements and body language. In the first matches, she was totally crashing balls, moving very quick and explosive and cheering almost like a Brazilian (though nowhere near as unreal :D ), and in the later matches, she seemed a bit slower and physically weaker to me, that is what I meant with weaker. Of course, even like that she is able to put up good numbers, but if her problem (which she herself said in press conference she has) gets worse, it would be a big problem for Korea.

• If you read me rightly, it's moreover the use of "doesn't deserve" I don't like ! ;)

• So ...
    Everybody or almost everybody predicts a Chinese victory ...
    Sure that if we follow the 2012 results it's a logical prediction :thumbup:
    But ... 8o
    If Saori and Yukiko are on fire tomorrow we could speak about that again ...

• i think Russia has better chance against Brasil..İf Korea beat Brasil then Russia can as well.

• So ...
    Everybody or almost everybody predicts a Chinese victory ...
    Sure that if we follow the 2012 results it's a logical prediction :thumbup:
    But ... 8o
    If Saori and Yukiko are on fire tomorrow we could speak about that again ...

:drink: :super: :thumbsup:

• i think Russia has better chance against Brasil..İf Korea beat Brasil then Russia can as well.

But its a different ball game in the quarterfinals. A lot are at stake.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Btw, the referees couldnt conduct the match well.There were a few wrong whistles against Turkey and this was annoying..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• and this is the Russian Advantage will show...they can win under pressure

but really i'm so nervous right now i think i will not sleep well tonight...

Brazil plays best also when they are under pressure. Anyway, its going to be an exciting game. :box:

• I'm predicting that Russia will reach the finals with the way they are playing right now.

Could this be Sokolova, Estes and Gamova's last Olympics? I doubt for Gamova..She'll be back in 2016 that for sure

• I'm predicting that Russia will reach the finals with the way they are playing right now.

Could this be Sokolova, Estes and Gamova's last Olympics? I doubt for Gamova..She'll be back in 2016 that for sure

:lol: :lol: :lol: 2016 and Gamova?

what do you think about Hooker and 2016? may she be bored of playing volleyball till 2016,? i heard Foluke would leave playing volleyball.LOgan,Bown,Tayyiba,Scott,Berg are likely not to be at 2016..... i dont think Usa will be this strong at 2016..

• Hooker touched the antene not Esra,Logan's spike was out,Polen's tip was proper,some sets of Berg's was faulty ( how to say in english= setting ball in a faulty way,ball handling?))..and some of these came as the score was close in second set)...

I strongly disagree. Right, Hooker touched the antenna, but something like that is very difficult to see for the referee, and it's not like it happened at 23-23. Polen clearly reached over the net on that one ball that the referee decided against her, so everything alright. And I do not remember any foul set of Berg, and in general referees are very generous with technique nowadays, so no need to complain. Özge is pretty much the only setter in the whole tournament who managed to get more than one ball handling error call...