2012 Olympic Games

• I'm sad that Algieria will play without Tsabet. She must be injured becuase she played for the NT this year. I like ALG and I wanted them to win a match during OG. Maybe even they could fight against DOM 8) For me Algieria is the new quality in African volleyball. They have a nice setter and thanks to it their play is more...European? :whistling:

hello :wavy:
    6 or 7 major players are out including 2 of Algeria's best players :cursing: : africa's best setter and captain oukazi for injury , and you have this mysterious case of tsabet who got married recently :P her last game was against taipei in april where she appeared completely out of shape. she received a lot of criticism so she either chose not to go to london or simply got her self kicked out for not being 100% into it but i doubt it since she's one of the most respected players of the team :huh: or maybe there are other reasons :?: anyway they gave no explanation to her absence. by the way she's not playing in europe anymore unlike lydia oulmou (n° 17) who's been playing in france since 2005.
    injured melinda hennaoui and oudni who both play in france are also absent. melinda's sister sehrine who spent her season on the bench with her french club became suddenly the first and only setter while she usually comes third in normal conditions.

also this improvised team includes some youth players who never played a competitive first team match :white:

Algeria's team in 2011 world cup :

and now:

see the difference? :lol: even this picture isn't accurate :lol: two more players were replaced after the official pic was taken.

3 months ago their aim was to beat gb and why not take a set or two from D.R. which seems impossible now.

• Cardullo is out from the Olympic Games, she could not recover in time and will be replaced by Monica De Gennaro.

;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :( ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :( ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :( ;( :(
    ;( :(
    :(

• I will be doing the advanced stats for the Olympics and normally I just try to do it based on sets played by each player. Of course, substitutes in volleyball often only play one point, while the starters usually play the full set.

I am wondering if some of the people on inside-volley who are watching each match for the women would be willing to track the number of points played by each player/substitutes on the court. The most difficult ones will be the libero and middle blockers.

Please contact me if you can help. It is not a paying gig, but I am just trying to see if I can make the information more precise. Plus, I will be at work most of the time that the matches are going on (West Coast USA is 8 hours behind London) and plan on updating the data after work.

Thank you.

• when you say advance stats what exactly are the specific skills that should be measured?

• oh yes i remember this but how do you compute for the team-set-win- calculation?

• Anyone interested in Olympic Prediction Game ? :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Anyone interested in Olympic Prediction Game ? :D

Pffffffff ... :tzz:
    Too easy ... :wavy:

• Yes :thumbsup: I already wanted to ask if there will be one...Do I get extra points if I predict the correct Gold medal winner now? ;)

Only if you dont predict USA like everyone else :lol:

• I see many interested ^^, there could be only one problem - probably I'll go on holiday in August. Now I'm not sure if I will be able to count all game ;( . I'll count as much as possible,

• time is getting closer and closer.we are in a tough pool.its hart to predict the results. i dont know what we will do against usa,bra but the other teams' power is similiar and we can beat the others,and its also likely for the others to beat us as well if we dont play with highest consantrastion.our first aim is to be in top 4 at first phase then further projections may be made.a semi final would be great for us..

• I see many interested ^^, there could be only one problem - probably I'll go on holiday in August. Now I'm not sure if I will be able to count all game ;( . I'll count as much as possible,

What a shame for you. You are planning to go holiday while the Olympic games being played. :thumbdown: I just came home from holiday. 8)

time is getting closer and closer.we are in a tough pool.its hart to predict the results. i dont know what we will do against usa,bra but the other teams' power is similiar and we can beat the others,and its also likely for the others to beat us as well if we dont play with highest consantrastion.our first aim is to be in top 4 at first phase then further projections may be made.a semi final would be great for us..

If we consider the group composition and possible quarter final match-ups, for reaching semi-final i would say it is an expected achievement. But reaching medal would be great for us.

• Here is a video of Italy - Russia in Yeltsin Cup, filmed extremly close, just from the bench. Its not the best video for study the game itself, but it gives a fascinating view of the players during the game I think.

• What a shame for you. You are planning to go holiday while the Olympic games being played. :thumbdown: I just came home from holiday. 8)

Maybe shame, but till now I didn't have an opportunity, moreover my friend proposed me it and I didn't want to refuse it :tzz: