You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

aXeLbEn12

Densetsu Sannin

• "aXeLbEn12" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil, Fenerbahçe, Unilever

Favourite Players: Fofao, Kim Young, Sheilla Castro, Marianne Steinbrecher, Lioubov Sokolova, Yevgeniya Artamonova, Taismary Aguero, Giba

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 10:52pm

for all of you who said that USA should have eliminated brazil at the preliminaries, yeah, it may have worked. But two things: 1) they played FAIR and in accordance with olympics spirit; and 2) most probably than not, they will meet Russia. Gamova and sokolova, who want the Gold REALLY bad, will pound the hell out of them with this kind of performance.

Russia couldnt have played the defence Brasil played against Usa.

Russias has BLOCK and POWER, and the team that really challenged brazil and became brazil's turning point was against Russia. for me, THAT match is the finals! or at least more finals-like than what USA had shown today. Sokolova, Artamonova(Estes), Gamova, Goncharova CAN crush USA.

If only Destinee and the rest of the rookies played well though... they could've made this into at a 5-set thriller. after that 1st set, everything went blank for USA. :(

only my beloved logan tom played well.. a job well done for her... :heart: :flower:

Fatal-Cuss

2014 YGS-LYS Savascisi

• "Fatal-Cuss" is male

Favourite Team: Turkey NT

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 10:54pm

Of course, if USA let TUR win, BRA gone, this won't happen today.
I'll still congrats them if they won gold by, but definitely won't have the same respect to this team as I do now.

How they player performed in the final match as well how the coach plan can be criticized, but to criticize them about not trying to lose the match is absolutely sad for the sport.

So you want USA to lose on purpose.
So that they can win the gold?

no, but at least McCutcheoan could let bench players play to rest the main players and the B team could have played its best as well..

agree! berg got injured on turkey match
Prediction Games
Silver - Men's Olympic Games 2012

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:06pm

Wow, is Hugh leaving the team? 8|

And no news about individual awards and stuff? Fabiana moved to best blocker after the final.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:09pm

for all of you who said that USA should have eliminated brazil at the preliminaries, yeah, it may have worked. But two things: 1) they played FAIR and in accordance with olympics spirit; and 2) most probably than not, they will meet Russia. Gamova and sokolova, who want the Gold REALLY bad, will pound the hell out of them with this kind of performance.

Russia couldnt have played the defence Brasil played against Usa.

Russias has BLOCK and POWER, and the team that really challenged brazil and became brazil's turning point was against Russia. for me, THAT match is the finals! or at least more finals-like than what USA had shown today. Sokolova, Artamonova(Estes), Gamova, Goncharova CAN crush USA.

If only Destinee and the rest of the rookies played well though... they could've made this into at a 5-set thriller. after that 1st set, everything went blank for USA. :(

only my beloved logan tom played well.. a job well done for her... :heart: :flower:

Block was one of the best part of the game of Usa team but as you saw it didnt work well against Brasil. So we cant know if Russian block would work well,Maybe Gamova,Luba and Goncharova had had an extaordinary game then it could have been..
meso mi ra se beno...

jist

Go USA!

Favourite Team: USA Women, USA Men

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Destinee Hooker, Foluke Akinradewo, Heather Bown, Maja Ognjenovic, Liobouv Sokolova, Sheilla Castro, Maxim Mikhaylov, Christian Savani, Reid Priddy, Dante Amaral, Matt Anderson, Ivan Miljkovic

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:09pm

He is leaving the team. He will be coaching a team from NCAA... University of Minnesota. Minnesota is the home state of his wife, Wiz Bachman Mccutcheon. I think this was announced nearly 2 years ago.

So definitely there's a new Coach for Team USA..
"It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:13pm

He is leaving the team. He will be coaching a team from NCAA... University of Minnesota. Minnesota is the home state of his wife, Wiz Bachman Mccutcheon. I think this was announced nearly 2 years ago.

Too bad, I really liked him. I mean, people are giving him a hard time today and I think they're right about that. He shouldn't have stuck with Hodge so much. And other things, like he could've used a better OH on the bench, like Richards, who could contribute more to team as a receiver, and all. But in spite of all that, I still consider him the best coach of the present time. In addition to preparing the team very well technically and tactically these last couple of years, it seems he he did very good in creating a pleasant environment. But, anyways, best wishes for him.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:14pm

After that he will coach Fenerbahce so yeah US needs find another one to coach them

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:20pm

i never expected Usa to lose this way..they played so stably till the final...
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:25pm

US real problem was that their star players never had tasted real victory before :read: they got real excited and lost the match not that they couldn't come back if this was group match or something

José

i'm hungry

• "José" is male

Favourite Players: Страшимира Филипова

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:25pm

i've been waiting for that one too... there seems none...

SCORER: Kim Y.K.
SPIKE: Destinee Hooker
BLOCK: Fabiana Claudino
SERVE: Sheilla Castro
SET: Startseva
DIG: Brenda Castillo
RECEPTION: Fernanda Garay
LIBERO: Brenda Castillo
Silver Medal 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League - Women

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:28pm

Too bad, I really liked him. I mean, people are giving him a hard time today and I think they're right about that. He shouldn't have stuck with Hodge so much. And other things, like he could've used a better OH on the bench, like Richards, who could contribute more to team as a receiver, and all. But in spite of all that, I still consider him the best coach of the present time. In addition to preparing the team very well technically and tactically these last couple of years, it seems he he did very good in creating a pleasant environment. But, anyways, best wishes for him.

I agree. Hugh did great work in the past 4 years and so did the whole team. Just look how many great new players USA found in the past years, they could have played with two teams in this OG easily. It is really unfortunate that their journey ends with one of the weakest performances since a long time, and considering that they worked so hard all the time to win Gold, it hurts even more. But at the ceremony most of the players (except Berg) looked well recovered and seemed happy with Silver too. I hope Logan Tom can stay with the team some more time, she is such an important player for them!

• "Karina Angel" is female

Favourite Team: Brazil NT men and Woman

Favourite Players: Jaqueline, Paula Pequeno, Sheila, Mari, Fabiana, Fabiola, Dani Lins, Thaisa Carol Gattaz, Leila ( Forever Leila) Dante, Murilo and Giba.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:36pm

Congratulations to the team of Brazil! :cup: Congratulations players who have left to believe :thumbup: . Congratulations to Ze Roberto! :drink:
I'm very happy!

Elas acreditaram que era possível.
The champion is back! :dance6:

Miguel

Trainee

• "Miguel" is male

Favourite Team: Brazilian NT, Sada Cruzeiro, Minas TC and Poland NT.

Favourite Players: Sheilla, Mari, Natália, Dani Lins, Skowronska, Ricardinho, Wallace Martins, Bartman.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:39pm

Congratulations to the team of Brazil! :cup: Congratulations players who have left to believe :thumbup: . Congratulations to Ze Roberto! :drink:
I'm very happy!

Foi inacreditável, Karina!

=D

Favourite Players: Jaqueline, Paula Pequeno, Sheila, Mari, Fabiana, Fabiola, Dani Lins, Thaisa Carol Gattaz, Leila ( Forever Leila) Dante, Murilo and Giba.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:39pm

quarterfinals Bra x Russ for me this game deserved the final game came to this story. :obey:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:41pm

One question for Brazilian fans: what was the team saying/singing when they were all kneeling in a circle after the match?

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:41pm

I'm very happy!

=D
:dance4: ooh yees, compatriota rs

Miguel

Trainee

• "Miguel" is male

Favourite Players: Sheilla, Mari, Natália, Dani Lins, Skowronska, Ricardinho, Wallace Martins, Bartman.

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:43pm

I'm very happy!

=D
:dance4: ooh yees, compatriota rs

:rose: :olympia: :cheesy: :obey:

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:43pm

One question for Brazilian fans: what was the team saying/singing when they were all kneeling in a circle after the match?

They were thanking God, praying the Our Father. :)

pol

Professional

• "pol" is male

Favourite Team: Poland, Kazakhstan, Peru, Croatia

Favourite Players: Masza Liktoras, Danielle Scott, Gabriela Polańska

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:46pm

I didn't follow final match on live and I've just finished to watch the video (of course I didn't check the results before the watching :D ). The first thing I can say that I'm really surprised and shocked. I haven't read your comments yet so maybe you know how it's possible that USA lost :what: And how BRA could win after all troubles in group stage?

I feel sorry for Danielle Scott who has been my favourite player for many years. I wanted her to win gold. After Beijing 2008 silver medal is nothing special for her.

Anyway BRA made something special. They saved many match balls in quartefinal and now they are olympic champions once again :white:

Miguel

Trainee

• "Miguel" is male

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:53pm

I was just wondering some minutes ago who the hell here in Brazil would say that Jaqueline and Dani Lins would be essential for our team in the final match... I'm massively surprised!!! :rolll: And I also would like to know about the individual awards...

Social bookmarks