2012 Olympic Games

• I want to congratulate Brazilian team, it's a big achievement to win two consecutive OG. I think this title is more precious for Brazil, because in Beijing they were in much more better shape than the other teams, Beijing women's volleyball tournament was not interesting at all, IMHO because teams other than Brazil were not performing well. London 2012 was contrary - lot of drama and intrigue. Brazil team could go home after prelimenary round won the tournament - wow! It's really great that Brazilian girls could raise their level after they were given the chance by USA ( who could intetntionally lose the game to Turkey 0-3 and send Brazil home making the biggest sensation in women's volleyball).Brazil could save 6! matchballs vs Russia (still so painfull for me whenever I mention this particular match). Great attitude, will and desire, very hard path for gold! I really applause to Brazilian girls, no matter what they think about our girls, whether they hate, despise us and want our girls to be very sad etc. Who cares about what they think? Gamova? Sokolova? Other girls? I beg of you, guys, they simply laugh and make jokes about such statatements and behaviour.Ii don't really understand your discussions considering who is shitty and ugly inside. No matter, again, congrats for Brazil, they are not only WGP team now!

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• And Jaque! Wow, no words for her... Everybody doubted about this player... And after a hard 2011, with all the problems she had (serious injury and the miscarriage), 2012 couldn't be greater!
    From now, I think that Dani Lins will be the roster setter. London was good for her self confidence. He surprised us with her behaviour! Here, in Brazil, she is known for making good matches in our league, but she had never shown before so great regularity in one international competition. And watching the match again, I could see how good played Garay in the reception...

• Does anybody know where to listen final's press conference ?

• Press conference:
    -> Logan Tom stated,
    “I’m happy with it. It’s not too shabby. When you play for your
    country, it’s not for money or fame, it’s for your family, your pride,
    your country. You don’t do it to receive stuff.

Always love you Logan! :heart:

• Press conference:
    -> Logan Tom stated,
    “I’m happy with it. It’s not too shabby. When you play for your
    country, it’s not for money or fame, it’s for your family, your pride,
    your country. You don’t do it to receive stuff.

Always love you Logan! :heart:

Good for her lol :lol: it is always nice to read epic sounding excuses :rolll:

• I agree. Hugh did great work in the past 4 years and so did the whole team. Just look how many great new players USA found in the past years, they could have played with two teams in this OG easily. It is really unfortunate that their journey ends with one of the weakest performances since a long time, and considering that they worked so hard all the time to win Gold, it hurts even more. But at the ceremony most of the players (except Berg) looked well recovered and seemed happy with Silver too. I hope Logan Tom can stay with the team some more time, she is such an important player for them!

Among the veterans, I think Berg and Tom will be the hardest to replace. Maybe Tom more so than Berg because USA has quite a few talented younger setters. It will be interesting to see who steps in to fill Tom's shoes.

• First of all, I just hope the comments about 'USA should let Turkey win' is just a joke X( They never need that kind sidesteps, they also never show any arrogant stance or so. Everybody should thank them for keeping OG spirit and make the tournament without this dirty deals. Turkey should take the tie-break from Brasil or 4th set from Korea so we just simply doesn't deserve to be QF! :thumbdown:

Congrats for both teams, the reason for losing final was mistake of Hugh by letting Hodge play for so long and of course Carvalho who shows best performance of her career :obey:

By the way, MVP of tournament is still KYK for me :rose:

• who's the MVP? ?(

• Among the veterans, I think Berg and Tom will be the hardest to replace. Maybe Tom more so than Berg because USA has quite a few talented younger setters. It will be interesting to see who steps in to fill Tom's shoes.

İ doubt they can find anybody like tom and imho usa won't be such powerful team if she leaves

• İ doubt they can find anybody like tom and imho usa won't be such powerful team if she leaves

Agree.

And Bown missed for the USA today with her experience she would have been able to make the difference I guess

• :rose: :olympia: :cheesy: :obey:

Alguém aqui faz parte da comunidade "seleção feminina de vôlei" no orkut?

beeeijos

• And Bown missed for the USA today with her experience she would have been able to make the difference I guess

I thought the same during the match. Harmotto is a very good player, she made incredible matches in Italian league last season and also in WGP with NT, but the problem is that in NT she is almost purely a blocker because Berg hardly ever sets her the ball even though she is a great attacker too. Bown has played much longer with Berg and is also better at making something out of difficult situations, and Scott did not help the team as much as I thought she would in this tournament :S

• im still thinking that McCatcheon made a mistake without resting main players against Turkey.he should have had to care about Usa team not the others...resting main players is not something against Olympic fair play..

• im still thinking that McCatcheon made a mistake without resting main players against Turkey.he should have had to care about Usa team not the others...resting main players is not something against Olympic fair play..

i'm thinking that he and USA team wanted a gold in "invictus form" :whistle:

• First of all, I just hope the comments about 'USA should let Turkey win' is just a joke X( They never need that kind sidesteps, they also never show any arrogant stance or so. Everybody should thank them for keeping OG spirit and make the tournament without this dirty deals. Turkey should take the tie-break from Brasil or 4th set from Korea so we just simply doesn't deserve to be QF! :thumbdown:

Congrats for both teams, the reason for losing final was mistake of Hugh by letting Hodge play for so long and of course Carvalho who shows best performance of her career :obey:

By the way, MVP of tournament is still KYK for me

I agree, they did not need it. Any game, a team that wants to prove because it is champion in my opinion have to enter to win, to lose by being on bad days, and another team is better is one thing, now foul play is different. ;)

• I thought the same during the match. Harmotto is a very good player, she made incredible matches in Italian league last season and also in WGP with NT, but the problem is that in NT she is almost purely a blocker because Berg hardly ever sets her the ball even though she is a great attacker too. Bown has played much longer with Berg and is also better at making something out of difficult situations, and Scott did not help the team as much as I thought she would in this tournament :S

There was too much rookies in this US team. A lot of power yes, but a lack of experience for important matches (which are surely very hard for their nerves) Tom was not enough to keep them together and with self-confidence. Bown should have been here even if it was just to help Logan for keeping the rookies in a good shape in this kind of game. Hugh will regrets his bad technical choice about Heather after this match...