The 2012 Gwardia Cup - 21-23.09 - Wrocław/Poland

• Unfortunately I had problems with the transport today, so I didn't see the whole match, just last two sets. But from what I saw - the Dutch girls made huuuuge difference. Debby didn't play that much, but Manon and Caroline did. And Flier was great, very intelligent game, she often attacked block-out. Caroline has very good connection with Milena. And Sara was amazing too. I liked Tina Lipicer. Overall Azerrail destroyed Fener with their service game and block. The only player that looked good in Fener was, of course, Yeon-Koung Kim. Nice match from Baku, horrible from Fener.

Something from behind the scenes:
    Kasia Skowronska was at the tournament today :D She spend much of her time talking with all Fener team, with the staff and Chiappini and various people. :drink:

It is nice Korotenko played as main libero :thumbup:

• Hopefully Mari will play today :win:

• Thank You Dexter. I have downloaded the video and always when I will want to see how plays on of the biggest Clubs in the World I only will push PLAY button.

• Any news from the game between Fenerbahce vs Dresdner? Since I don't see any negative comments from Uralachka Eketerinburg fanatic, my guess is Fenerbahce won!!. Oh no, no. no !!!!! Did any fanatic jump down from a third story building?

• b

Any news from the game between Fenerbahce vs Dresdner? Since I don't see any negative comments from Uralachka Eketerinburg fanatic, my guess is Fenerbahce won!!. Oh no, no. no !!!!! Did any fanatic jump down from a third story building?

Fenerbahce - Dresdner SC 3-0 (25-21, 25-15, 25-11)

:win:

source: http://www.twitter.com/filedefener :D

• dexter

Thank you for the highlights. Ah Manon ah :D

@ flyingdutchman

Fenerbahçe: Elif Ağca, Paula Pequeno, Seda, Kim, Eda, Okuniewska, Nihan (L) (Meryem Boz)

Dresdner SC: Apitz, Pietersen, Utla, Heyrman, Robin de Kruijf, Schwabe, Schoot (L)

I'll update team rosters as soon as possible. :thumbup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Impel Wrocław - AzerRail Baku 0:3 (20:25, 17:25, 22:25)

• Standings
    1.Azerrail Bakü - 6 pts (2-0)
    2.Fenerbahçe - 3 pts (1-1
    3. Impel Wroclaw - 2 pts (1-1)
    4. Dresdner SC - 1 pts (0-2)

Azerrail Baku probably will win the tournament.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• very interesting for me, how is Hodge's reception?

• Impel Wrocław - AzerRail Baku 0:3 (20:25, 17:25, 22:25)

After playing bad at 1st friendly tournament,Azerrail improved so much now,2 great straight set wins! Flier makes a big change! :heart:

• Sorry for not writing anything yesterday.

Anyway, Fener played a good match against Dresdner. Very different from what I saw on friday. Paula didn't finish many balls, but she was quite stable in the reception. Eda had few monster kills and nice block. As for Berenika... she played the first two sets, after that she felt a little pain in her shoulder, so she didn't enter the third set. She got some treatment. About her game - she got like 4 balls maybe, finished maybe 2, plus she had 1 block. Few nice saves and serves and that's it. Ok, that was the first game, but I think I excpected a little bit more from her.

Mari played in the third set. Great block, a couple of good spikes. It was nice to see her playing good. She's slowly getting back to her old self (I hope!). About Seda, she had good beginning of the first set, but after a while I think she got tired. She left the court at the end of the second set.

But there's only one STAR and that's Yeon-Koung Kim. Seriously, she's just unbelivable. She spikes, she serves, she's defending everything and she blocks. I have no idea how she does that, but it's amazing. Watching her you shake your head in disbelief sometimes. That's how great she plays. :super:

As for Azerrail. That's different team comparing to Agata Mroz Memorial. The Dutch girls are great. Debby played yesterday and she's in top form. Both in receiving and attack, plus she had 4 or 5 blocks. Manon is Manon, though she's serving with the float, not her jump serve. Sara didn't play, insted of her we could watch Arielle Wilson. Quite good match, but I still liked Sara better :P
    Hodge reception isn't that bad. It's still Megan we know ;)

• [media]

[media]

Impel - Azerrail

• Thanks everyone for the videos and reports :thumbup:
    Watching Dresden vs Fenerbahce made me furious. Dresden's OH Frieda Thieme had a bad landing late in 2nd set and obviously hurt her left knee, she asked the coach to be substituted but he left her on the court until the end of the set. She jumped very tentative and always landed only on the right foot after that :wall: It's a preparation tournament, why risk a player's health there???

It's the first time I watched Lisa Izquierdo and the Cuban blood in her definitely shows...she jumps high, hits hard, but her ball control has a lot of room for improvement...if she can get better there I expect to see her in German NT very soon!

• It's the first time I watched Lisa Izquierdo and the Cuban blood in her definitely shows...she jumps high, hits hard, but her ball control has a lot of room for improvement...if she can get better there I expect to see her in German NT very soon!

She has the 13-jersey, right?

She impressed me alot :white: Very powerful spikes :drink: :drink: She just became 18 years old...she has a very bright future :win:

• She has the 13-jersey, right?

She impressed me alot :white: Very powerful spikes :drink: :drink: She just became 18 years old...she has a very bright future :win:

Yup, that's her...also Junior NT setter Magda Gryka played a lot in this tournament and made a good impression in the videos :thumbup: I hope those two young players will get many chances to play next season, I can imagine that they could be double substitution for Apitz-Pietersen.