The 2012 Gwardia Cup - 21-23.09 - Wrocław/Poland

• Azerrail Baku defeated german Dresdner Sportclub 3-0 (25-21,25-22,25-17) and won 1st place !!! Congrats, so happy for u girls !!! :cup:
    Final standings:
    1. Azerrail Baku

2. Fenerbahce Istanbuł

3. Impel Wrocław

4. Dresdner Sportclub

• Well, I expected Azerrail to be much stronger than Wroclaw and Dresder of course, but I didn't expect them to win so easy against Fener.

• There were some awards given also:

MVP: Manon Flier(Azerrail),
    Best scorer: Kim Yeon Koung(Fenerbahce),
    Best spiker: Megan Hodge(Azerrail),
    Best blocker: Vesna Durisic(Impel Wroclaw)
    Best libero: Dorothy Medyńska(Impel Wroclaw) !

• Well, I expected Azerrail to be much stronger than Wroclaw and Dresder of course, but I didn't expect them to win so easy against Fener.

I agree with you ! But Azerrail is going to be very strong this season,with Megan Hodge and especially Manon Flier I think they will finally be able to gain both power and stability ! In Fb,it's pretty much all about Kim at the moment and they have Eda,but they need more high-class players for this season if they want to contend for Top 2 or 3 in Turkish league in my opinion.

• I agree with you ! But Azerrail is going to be very strong this season,with Megan Hodge and especially Manon Flier I think they will finally be able to gain both power and stability ! In Fb,it's pretty much all about Kim at the moment and they have Eda,but they need more high-class players for this season if they want to contend for Top 2 or 3 in Turkish league in my opinion.

Paula, Mari and Seda?

• Fenerbahçe ISTANBUL:Impel Gwardia WROCLAW: 3-2 : 19-25,19-25,25-22,25-22,15-11

Wow! Fb came back from two sets down and win the game in Poland. I am impressed :) . Fb is going to be just fine. However they do need some practice time, especially now that they lost Naz. Which in my opionion effected Fb negatively the most. They do need thier setters to feel for the game.

• they are second class players :lol: seems people have waited for fb to loose so they can downplay them

I like Seda but I do not think she can be considered high-class player. She's a role player but not the kind of player that has a huge impact or can change a match.

• I like Seda but I do not think she can be considered high-class player. She's a role player but not the kind of player that has a huge impact or can change a match.

uhhmm you don't need to have whole team of top class players to be successful things don't work like that .....

• uhhmm you don't need to have whole team of top class players to be successful things don't work like that .....

yeah but you have to have at least 2 or 3 top class players in your team to compete for a championship

• yeah but you have to have at least 2 or 3 top class players in your team to compete for a championship

well then fener doesn't have problem ... they have enough quality players important thing is to make them play as a team, find balance and chemistry i think that is the way to get championship

• well then fener doesn't have problem ... they have enough quality players important thing is to make them play as a team, find balance and chemistry i think that is the way to get championship

i still think that maybe galatasaray has a stornger team this season

• Only stop Kim during match and Fenerbahce will lie and squeals :lol:

Kim will be probably Best Scorer ever in turkish league after the season because in the Team is Amazing Player as Her and Other only average.

• I like Seda but I do not think she can be considered high-class player. She's a role player but not the kind of player that has a huge impact or can change a match.

Actually she has unluckily undergone lots of injuries and that prevented her from being a high-class player.For me she is still a class player.

• Only stop Kim during match and Fenerbahce will lie and squeals :lol:

Kim will be probably Best Scorer ever in turkish league after the season because in the Team is Amazing Player as Her and Other only average.

Paula,Mari ,Eda,Okunevska and Seda are average players? yes there are average players in the team like Gökçen,Duygu ,İpek but not the first ones.
    oh Bartek..do you really think a team would consist of six playes of Kim's calibre? does a team exist on Earth? lol. :aww:

• Paula,Mari ,Eda,Okunevska and Seda are average players? yes there are average players in the team like Gökçen,Duygu ,İpek but not the first ones.
    oh Bartek..do you really think a team would consist of six playes of Kim's calibre? does a team exist on Earth? lol. :aww:

i think waht he meant was seda had been plague by injury which is why she does not perform at a high level anymore plus mari and paula's level dropped significantly

• they still are not average players.

maybe before they are not but now they are :rolll: