Bogazici Kupasi 28-30.09 - Sariyer/Turkey

• Ceren is a special player. Obviously she is very young and need more time to develop her skills, however she will be the next Darnel of Turkey. I even believe she is going to be better than Darnel. I like to see her how she plays against Aachen a much more solid team than Kazanlak.

• Aachen is playing with their 2nd setter and she is quite bad, she has no connection at all with the MBs. Nikolina Kovacic had a few really bad fails in defense, I don't even expect her to contribute anything in attack...the only good element in Aachen's game was the block. First set 25-22 for Sariyer.

• 3rd set 25-19 for Aachen. Their setter is playing much better now, but the main difference is that they are the significantly better serving team, or to put it another way, Sariyer's reception is very weak. Both Ortiz and Raquel have a lot of problems, and neither of them is convincing in attack either. Ortiz gets a few nice kills but also gets blocked too often, Raquel is totally useless, she can only score some points via her experience into the holes of Aachen's defense, but she has no power at all in her spikes.

• Sidenote: Aachen's roster contains 9 different nationalities :!: :!:

Hopefully this doesn't result in communication-problems on court :win:

• Wow, Sariyer wins 5th set 15-10. It was one of these matches where at 2-1 and 18-11 for Aachen, nobody would believe it could be turned around, but all of a sudden Aachen got problems in reception and started to play hectically, and all of a sudden Ceren started to play after being almost invisible before. I can't tell much about 5th set because of the stream, but I think Ceren was the key player for Sariyer in the last 1,5 sets for sure! On the other hand, Raquel will most likely be the most useless foreign player in Turkish league this season :whistle:

• Actually i didnt expect Sarıyer to win after 18-11 in forth set.Congrats Sarıyer.But they made lots of easy mistakes .Their reception wasnt good enough.Considering they are one of the rokies of the first league,they need some time to improve , i think this was their first preparation as a team.i hope they'll play better.i also didnt like Raquel a lot at spiking.Dutch player of Aachen surprised me a lot without making any serving mistake though she served really hard.

• Sarıyer is a weird team really. Their reception is quite bad. I don't like Serpil's game. Ezgi Kapdan sets better to middles and she's also very scorer setter herself but her sets to spikers are really bad. Ceren started to play better when Ezgi Dilik came into the court. Ezgi Dilik didn't really set enough balls to middles but the whole team relies on Ceren and Ortiz so she must be first setter of the team in my opinion.

• Wow, Sariyer wins 5th set 15-10. It was one of these matches where at 2-1 and 18-11 for Aachen, nobody would believe it could be turned around, but all of a sudden Aachen got problems in reception and started to play hectically, and all of a sudden Ceren started to play after being almost invisible before. I can't tell much about 5th set because of the stream, but I think Ceren was the key player for Sariyer in the last 1,5 sets for sure! On the other hand, Raquel will most likely be the most useless foreign player in Turkish league this season :whistle:

Ceren is still inconsistant but that is expected of her at this stage of her career. After all she is still in high school. As I read from a volleyball magazine, she just turned 19 but becasue she is going to Saint Joseph French high school so she had to take prep classes for a year or two. But I hope she continues to develop her skills. She has a tremendous potential to be a very good player. :)

• Ceren has graduated this summer :mirror: So she'll focus on her game more and more this season :thumbsup:

Good to hear! Is she going to any university, She should came to US and play in a Collage league and get her education as well. :)

• Good to hear! Is she going to any university, She should came to US and play in a Collage league and get her education as well. :)

She's studying in Bahçeşehir University but I don't know what she studies ^^