2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• Everyone thought USA would dominate Brazil in the Olympic final last year, but we all know who won...

Playerwise Brazil was on same level when compared to Us you can't say that when it comes to Germany vs Russia comparison. Russsian players especially Ohs are simply on different level

• Playerwise Brazil was on same level when compared to Us you can't say that when it comes to Germany vs Russia comparison. Russsian players especially Ohs are simply on different level

I agree with you. Russian attackers are better individually, but that is no guarantee for winning. Germany has very good serve and defense. Also, they have home-advantage and they have a very good fighting-spirit.

If Russia can cope the pressure --> play on their usual level, they will win. If they start to struggle, Germany has a good chance.

• Two years ago, Germany had a very easy semifinal against Italy (much like now Russia against Serbia), while Serbia in the other semifinal had a hard fight against Turkey. However, Serbia with the support of their audience managed to win the final.
    This year, Russia struggled much more than expected in Universiade final against Brazil student team...

So, there is no "logic" in final matches, everything can happen. NORMALLY, Russia should win...but...we will see :)

right..every match has its story..... Russia beat Turkey and Serbia but Russia-Germany match is a differenet story....Russia is fav. if Germany wants to succed in the final then they shoud run the risk of serving ,defending at its limit and attack bravely.Brinker and Susske should play much better than yesterday.i think the hardest job will be setter Wise's..she will have to set very precisely and fast to make her attackers avoid facing Russian's triple blocks..Kozuch's job will also be hard against Russian blocks today.though she looks very eager to fight and thats good.

im not sure about some of Russian players' mental strength under pressure. :whistle:

• If Obmochaeva wins Gold, during League's matches when She will stop Gamova at the net, She will scream Goooooold.

• Anybody has a link for the Bronze match?

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• In this final i root for Russia.. they has shown till now a new game style,not anymore related to high balls to opp e oh,but related to a faster game,with more balls to the MB (thank also to the fact that Morozova,Shlyakovaia and Zaryazhko that are the best MB for Russia since almost 10 years)..
    also Goncharova and Kosheleva changed their way of hitting,with faster sets.. in addiction there is a player like Pasynkova that can give a big contribution in reception..
    i really like this Russian team and i hope they will win the gold..Germany is a very good team,very balanced,but i like way more Russian one..

for the bronze..i hope Serbia is gonna win this,but at the same time i really like Belgium..

hope for 2 amizing matches today!

• By the way I agree in Germany's chances to win against Russia. In nutshell Germany can have a chance just if Russia won't have their best day today but Germany plays it's best. Otherwise I see 3 sets KO or max 4 set with a 3rd set lost by Russia, but winning the match. Definately if Germany can pull it till 5 set they have maybe good chance as I did not see till now how the younger players in Russia perfomr under pressure, but Germany had a few matches with this lineup where they could close the match in 5th set.

All in all I wish Germany would win as I want to see a long match and a great battle.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Serbia almost couldn't close the 1st set :aww:

Maja sets almost only to Brakocevic.. and since Belgian defense is great, they bring almost all spikes back.

Belgium plays a real clever game. They are masters in using the opponent's block to score. Especially Leys and van Hecke.

As I already said yesterday, they play the same style as Germany and that's why Germany had so many problems yesterday.

• Germany vs Russia from 2006

Euro Championship
    2007 RUS - GER = 3-0

World Championship
    2006 RUS - GER = 3-1

World Grand Prix
    2009 RUS - GER = 3-1
    2011 RUS - GER = 3-0
    2013 RUS - GER = 3-2

Olympic Games Qualification
    2008 RUS - GER = 3-0

World Grand Prix Qualification
    2007 RUS - GER = 3-1
    2008 RUS - GER = 0-3
    2010 RUS - GER = 3-1

Montreux Volley Masters
    2007 RUS - GER = 1-3
    2010 RUS - GER = 3-0

TOT = 11
    RUS = 9
    GER = 2

• It is sometimes infuriating to support this team. Their ability to lose a bunch of points in a row out of blue never ceases to amaze me.
    I just knew they were going to fall apart when they had to replay that point, and voila, that's just what they did.

• Belgium tears set off :thumbsup: I'm surprised not seeing Ognjenovic on court, though I don't see match from beginning 8| and Molnar is still on court :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game