2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• An Azerbaijani user posted Azerbaijan's squad in the turkish site but I can't access there at the moment. As far as I remember it was like this:

Setter: Natavan Gasımova - Shafagat Habibova
    Wing Spikers: Natalya Mammadova - Polina Rahimova - Odina Aliyeva - Jana Aghayeva - Anastasiya Gurbanova
    MBs: Kseniya Kovalenko - Yelena Parkhomenko - Aynur Karimova - Ayshan Abdulazimova
    Liberos: Valeriya Korotenko - Jeyran Aliyeva

I dont remember the last spiker but I think that was Ulker Karimova. Oksana is out sadly :(

But Aghayeva haven't register for ECH, can she play?

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• weird indeed. maybe this list is not updated? She has been training with the team whole summer and played a lot of matches. She has to be in :wacko:

• Well Turkey are playing like they don't want to win.. or play. Also their defense is awful.. no energy, they used to be so energetic team

Waiting for the real competition? Hard to imagine this team playing like this later this week but...25-15 3rd set, Bulgaria leads 2-1

• Irina Zaryazhko still isn't able to play and if she can play at all, then only in the final matches: http://www.russiavolley.com/wo…will-leave-moscow-on-4th/

Interesting that Russia has an Italian athletic trainer...and they're practising almost 10 hours per day! :white:

Sad news for russia :( she's a key player for them success
    but in other hand Morozova is in good shape (according the coach :whistle: )

• Polsat will obviously bradcast Pool D matches + Pool A as I've seen in their schedule for weekend

• ECH 2013 is getting closer and closer.....
    with Neriman's being cut from the roster, i dont know if i should hope for the best or not.maybe yes.
    i hope turkish girls will put a good effor on court...i hope Seda wont make us obliged to feel Nerimans absence.Gizem-Gözde duo should be more focused on reception.Barbolini shouldnt forget to use back-ups like Polen-Güldeniz -Aslı etc.
    im not satisfied with the team's performance..
    actually i used to think we had a good the chance for the final but after seeing our performance in Med. Games and Wgp etc...i saw it woudnt be that easy.

seems that the biggest candidate for title: Serbia
    Bulgaria can go further than we think.
    there is also Czech R.,Croatia,Belgium and Azerbaijan...

this Ech will be tough,indeed..

• I'll dare a prediction: Germany, Italy, Russia and Serbia will qualify directly for QF. Likely matches there are GER-CRO/NED, ITA-BUL, RUS-TUR and SRB-BEL. From there on, many things are possible...I hope that Germany will reach semifinal and I think Serbia will be there too. Unless Turkey finally find their best shape, Russia should beat them, and I would not at all be surprised to see Bulgaria as 4th team in semifinal.

• i think finals will be between Sebia and Italy which will result with Serbia being champion. i would be suprised if something different will happen. As for semi finals along with first duo there will be Russia and Bulgaria i guess, seriously can't find any other decent Eu candidate :lol:

• I'll dare a prediction: Germany, Italy, Russia and Serbia will qualify directly for QF. Likely matches there are GER-CRO/NED, ITA-BUL, RUS-TUR and SRB-BEL. From there on, many things are possible...I hope that Germany will reach semifinal and I think Serbia will be there too. Unless Turkey finally find their best shape, Russia should beat them, and I would not at all be surprised to see Bulgaria as 4th team in semifinal.

Russia should also be around its best shape or close to that to beat turkey..it doesnt mean a bad playing Russia can beat a bad playing Turkey easily. ;)
    Turkey-Germany...fifty-fifty...
    Germany has raised its level gradually but we should still wait to see how they will play...the same for Russia..
    at the moment Serbia looks good and i like Italy's team play.

• i think finals will be between Sebia and Italy which will result with Serbia being champion. i would be suprised if something different will happen. As for semi finals along with first duo there will be Russia and Bulgaria i guess, seriously can't find any other decent Eu candidate :lol:

It's impossible that Italy, Serbia and Bulgaria will all three be in semifinal. If Italy wins their pool, they face in QF the winner of 2nd ranked of Pool D (probably BUL unless they beat SRB in preliminary) vs 3rd of Pool B (should be France), so only one of ITA and BUL can be in semifinal. If BUL ends 1st in their pool, ITA will meet SRB in QF.

Russia should also be around its best shape or close to that to beat turkey..it doesnt mean a bad playing Russia can beat a bad playing Turkey easily. ;)
    Turkey-Germany...fifty-fifty...
    Germany has raised its level gradually but we should still wait to see how they will play...the same for Russia..
    at the moment Serbia looks good and i like Italy's team play.

Judging from both teams' performances this summer, I'd see Russia as favourite against Turkey at the moment. Of course they need a healthy Kosheleva, but if that is the case, Turkey will have a hard time.
    Germany has always shown up in excellent shape in the most important tournaments when they had enough time to prepare and I trust Guidetti that it's the same this year. If we win our pool, we'll meet one of TUR/NED/CRO/AZE in QF, depending on the results of Pools A and C, and we can beat all of these teams. On the other hand if we finish 2nd in preliminary, we'll meet Russia in QF and that will be MUCH harder...so the GER-TUR match is like an early QF for both teams because they definitely want to avoid meeting Russia...