2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• What Aelbrecht does is negative neither for opponent nor for her team. So I don't see a problem with it. I really enjoy seeing her such acts :) But for example Arighetti's acts are just ewwww :thumbdown:

Exactly! I think Freya is fun to watch and there's nothing wrong with what she does.

• I really like Pasynkova.

Her style of playing really reminds me of Sokolova and she makes everything more stable.

Pasynkova - Obmochaeva - Kosheleva. These three are so strong enough.

The Russian future. The "news" Sokolova, Gamova and Godina.

• I agree about Obmochaeva and Kosheleva, but I can't agree about Pasynkova reminding Sokolova..
    They belong to 2 totally different categories, Pasynkova is pretty good but Lioubov is a Living Legend, probably the best all around volleyball player ever :obey: :super: Russia today is a very strong team, but they haven't found a replacement for Sokolova yet... and probably will never find :roll:

• I agree about Obmochaeva and Kosheleva, but I can't agree about Pasynkova reminding Sokolova..
    They belong to 2 totally different categories, Pasynkova is pretty good but Lioubov is a Living Legend, probably the best all around volleyball player ever :obey: :super: Russia today is a very strong team, but they haven't found a replacement for Sokolova yet... and probably will never find :roll:

It might be possible to find someone who attacks as good as Gamova or someone who serves as strong as Godina. However, it is impossible to find someone like Sokolova who is a great receiver, attacker, defender, blocker and server. Sokolova and Artamanova are such kind of players who is impossible to replace. Thus I agree with you, Pasynkova instead of Sokolova is a just a joke :white: However, Kosheleva already seems to be better than Godina :rose:

• I really like Pasynkova.
    Her style of playing really reminds me of Sokolova and she makes everything more stable.

Sokolova is/was good all-round player. OK defense/reception, excellent attack, good block, spike serve. Plus lots of spirit.
    With Pasynkova things are unclear. Outstanding performance against Serbia but otherwise we haven't seen what she's made of. Needs to play more international games for sure!

• i think i also like Freya's gestures and mimics..its orijinal :thumbsup: but i cant say the same for Brasilian and German players..theirs are very irritating to me..jaque,Garay,Thaisa,Brinker,Kozuch,Suscke....... :whistle:

Let them cheer how they want, I don't see the problem as long as they don't disrespect opponents or spectators. In case of Aelbrecht I find it quite entertaining to be honest (she even forgot to pay attention to her own medal awards because she was too busy with 'partying' :D :pinch: )

In following interview, taken after pool matches, Aelbrecht and Rousseaux talk about the cheering and other things themselves (in English):
    http://youtu.be/brhRAe9Br80

• Let them cheer how they want, I don't see the problem as long as they don't disrespect opponents or spectators. In case of Aelbrecht I find it quite entertaining to be honest (she even forgot to pay attention to her own medal awards because she was too busy with 'partying' :D :pinch: )

In following interview, taken after pool matches, Aelbrecht and Rousseaux talk about the cheering and other things themselves (in English):
    http://youtu.be/brhRAe9Br80

I don't have problems with Freya or Maren or Kozuch, if they aren't disrespectful. Shouting is acceptable to me.

What I find unacceptable is when players shout bad words in the face of opponents. Did Thaisa really said something that gross and foul in a match or it is the work of a fan? :thumbdown: A red card should have been given to her, if she really said that. It's not difficult for an Italian to understand the meaning of that words.

• I don't have problems with Freya or Maren or Kozuch, if they aren't disrespectful. Shouting is acceptable to me.

What I find unacceptable is when players shout bad words in the face of opponents. Did Thaisa really said something that gross and foul in a match or it is the work of a fan? :thumbdown: A red card should have been given to her, if she really said that. It's not difficult for an Italian to understand the meaning of that words.

She did NOT say that...I saw the video probably 15 times and there is no way she said that.
    And even if she did, she was shouting to herself, maybe she did not have a good first set in this match and that ball made her wake up a little bit...that's why she screamed.

• In Mark Lebedews (men's coach of Berlin Volleys) volleyball blog, i just read something, which I really like.
    The title is "Being an A**hole" http://markleb1.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/being-an-ahole/

He talks about an article about the tennis player Rafael Nadal:

" (...) it introduces the idea that his great fighting qualities are solely
    positive. He is not fighting to defend his ego, to determine his short
    term self worth, or to prove a point to the world. As Boris Becker is
    quoted as saying “He loves to be down and out. It comes from love.
    Amazing.” ‘It comes from love.’ I am reasonably confident that
    competitiveness has not often been described in that way... (...)"

In my opinion, this description fits well to players like Aelbrecht; Kozuch, Brinker or others. Just watch, for example, a player like Spiridonov and you will clearly see a difference.

http://markleb1.wordpress.com/

• Does anyone have individual award ceremony videos? I think I had seen them on youtube, but apparently they were deleted after all...