2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• According to Graca since that or at least next 2014 edition will be changes.

World Grand Prix will have 3 Leagues with 8 Teams, where 1st League will have the Best Teams. After every edition the weakest Team from 1st League will play in 2nd and the best Team from 2nd in 1st. The same situation will be between 2nd and 3rd League.

The same rules will be in Men's World League.

Main decisions in next month.

• So we will have a first class, business class and economy class in WGP ?

Very silly decision ! Some countries who take part, will withdraw from the league, because they cannot afford to pay the journey taxes and other expenditures.

• So we will have a first class, business class and economy class in WGP ?

Very silly decision ! Some countries who take part, will withdraw from the league, because they cannot afford to pay the journey taxes and other expenditures.

I agree,it's very silly,bad idea!!

• It makes more sense on the men's side as the disparity between the top teams and the lesser teams is much greater and they have problems with men's teams sending their "B" teams which decreases the overall level of the World League. However, there are still a few too many spots in the WGP that could be taken out. Particularly the second CSV and the Africa/Asia spot. I'm not sure a 3rd tier would be necessary but I think it would be a great opportunity for developing programs to have a large scale annual tournament to be able to train for.

• It looks like the format from the Davis Cup in tennis.

African teams do not play enough to improve, this will hopefully enable them to do that. Will there be 1 team in the top 8, not for a while in my mind.

I am guessing the the FIVB will go with the following:

TOP 8
    1. World Champion, Russia
    2. Olympic Champion, Brazil
    3. Previous World GP winner, USA
    4. Leading Asian host, China
    5. Leading Asian host, Japan
    6-8, Based on World Rankings

Other Levels
    1-3 teams per Confederation by FIVB Ranking

Level II AND Level III
    2-3 Europe
    1-2 South America
    1 Africa
    1-2 Norceca
    1-2 Asia

• If I recall correctly, Japan, China and Poland currently have automatic participation in the WGP due to contractual/commercial reasons, and I'm assuming if that continues, the automatic berth will be for the top level.

3 automatic spots is a lot for a field of 8 teams, so I hope it doesn't work out the way I'm thinking.

• I think if the system sees day light Poland will have automatic place in zone 1st but if is in last position after matches will drop into zone 2nd.

• A B C D
    BRA USA DOM CUB
    CHN NED JPN POL

SRB ARG CZE THA
    KAZ PUR BUL KEN

E F G H
    SRB CHN POL JPN

CZE USA BRA THA

CUB DOM BUL NED

PUR KAZ KEN ARG

I J K L
    KAZ THA CHN JPN
    NED BRA SRB USA
    DOM BUL POL CUB
    CZE KEN ARG PUR

********* Japan (finals host) and the top five teams in the preliminary round will advance to the Final round

• really ???? are you kidding me

• really ???? are you kidding me

It was fake one. They haven't confirmed it yet. We will find out early next month.

• I want to see more teams in the final, 8 teams are better than just 6 teams.

• Welcome the new teams to join WGP2013

• It is sad that Kim cannot play in grand prix next year.

• Who wouldn't want to see that first weekend in Brazil?

China does not even leave China, unless they go to the finals?

When is the last time you saw China left China for WGP preliminary round?
    There is a reason why China always automatically qualified for WGP, China is a big market, at least FIVB believe so.