Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• After a year’s break, the Montreux Volley Masters will return in 2013. The next tournament will take place at the Pierrier Sports Hall in the Swiss city of Montreux from May 28 to June 2, 2013.

In 2013, six top volleyball nations will be invited to the competition and they will be supplemented by the co-hosts of the 2013 European Championship, Germany and Switzerland.

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=37369&Language=en

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Why no Dutch?

It's an invitational tournament. And it seems that the organizers wanted to present (besides the Swiss team) the best ranked teams from the FIVB world ranking (as far as possible). Probably, some accepted this invitation and other teams maybe have other plans / schedules for this summer.

IMO the "mix" of the participating countries (different playing styles) is very attractive. :win: But i like the Dutch team, too :heart:

• It's an invitational tournament. And it seems that the organizers wanted to present (besides the Swiss team) the best ranked teams from the FIVB world ranking (as far as possible). Probably, some accepted this invitation and other teams maybe have other plans / schedules for this summer.

IMO the "mix" of the participating countries (different playing styles) is very attractive. :win: But i like the Dutch team, too :heart:

In the latest interview with the brazilian press, Ze Roberto said that Dutch federation had contacted him with the idea of having few friendly games between the Netherlands and Brazil. He didn't say when this matches could be played though.

• I think only China and Dominican Republic would use A team.

• I think only China and Dominican Republic would use A team.

Dominican Republic will go with A team.

I guess Brazil and Germany should go with A team too and of course Switzerland too :D

• In the latest interview with the brazilian press, Ze Roberto said that Dutch federation had contacted him with the idea of having few friendly games between the Netherlands and Brazil. He didn't say when this matches could be played though.

I would not find bad If the dutch Team come to play in Brazil... :) :lol:

• I hope Manabe-san chance to these young players playing this tournament,Kotoe Inoue (JT Marvelous),ISHII Yuki (Hisamitsu Springs),Nabeya Yurie (Denso Airybees),Ohtake Riho (Denso Airybees),Azusa Futami(Toray Arrows) and Haruka Miyashita (Okayama Seagulls). :win:

• I hope Manabe-san chance to these young players playing this tournament,Kotoe Inoue (JT Marvelous),ISHII Yuki (Hisamitsu Springs),Nabeya Yurie (Denso Airybees),Ohtake Riho (Denso Airybees),Azusa Futami(Toray Arrows) and Haruka Miyashita (Okayama Seagulls). :win:

It would be nice to see all of those players mentioned, playing some part in Montreaux. Yuki, of course, was part of the Tounament winning team in 2011, and should her fitness hold up for the rest of the V.League season, then she will undoubtedly be a part of the NT, this year.
    I always look to this tounament, with such pleasure, and the blend of experience and promising players in the team, sets up the International season, for Japan. quite nicely.
    Although it is too early to predict anything as far as selections are concerned, I would be astonished if one of this seasons' most outstanding players, Akari Oumi, from NEC Red Rockets, is not included in the senior squad, along with former NEC colleagues, Akiko Ino, and Hiroko Matsuura, both gaining impressive experience with Baki Azeryol.
    :set:

• It would be nice to see all of those players mentioned, playing some part in Montreaux. Yuki, of course, was part of the Tounament winning team in 2011, and should her fitness hold up for the rest of the V.League season, then she will undoubtedly be a part of the NT, this year.
    I always look to this tounament, with such pleasure, and the blend of experience and promising players in the team, sets up the International season, for Japan. quite nicely.
    Although it is too early to predict anything as far as selections are concerned, I would be astonished if one of this seasons' most outstanding players, Akari Oumi, from NEC Red Rockets, is not included in the senior squad, along with former NEC colleagues, Akiko Ino, and Hiroko Matsuura, both gaining impressive experience with Baki Azeryol.
    :set:

Akari Oumi,Saki Takeda and Kaori Kodaira are good players, but they are 1.70 m high, down to the international standard.For Montreux Volley Masters ok, but it is difficult to WGP. :win:

• Dominican Republic will go with A team.

I guess Brazil and Germany should go with A team too and of course Switzerland too :D

Pan American Cup will be held on June 5,Dominican will not send A team

• Akari Oumi,Saki Takeda and Kaori Kodaira are good players, but they are 1.70 m high, down to the international standard.For Montreux Volley Masters ok, but it is difficult to WGP. :win:

Point taken, however this height debate is an annual one, and as a good example, many had feared a few years ago, that Saori Sakoda, at 1.75M, would not be an effective spiker for Japan. Happily, she proved all the doubters wrong, and this season, with Stephanie Enright returning to Puerto Rico, following her knee injury, has been outstanding, leading the meagre Toray Arrows attack. An exception to the rule, maybe, but nevertheless, her achievements, should act as encouragement for players in the 1.70M-1.77M height range, in attaining International status, especially versatile players, such as Akari Oumi. She is equally competent, both in defence and attack. She most certainly deserves her chance at Montreux, and the other European challenges, prior to the WGP.

• Pan American Cup will be held on June 5,Dominican will not send A team

Sorry man, but I know better :)

From Montreux they'll go to Peru.

• Point taken, however this height debate is an annual one, and as a good example, many had feared a few years ago, that Saori Sakoda, at 1.75M, would not be an effective spiker for Japan. Happily, she proved all the doubters wrong, and this season, with Stephanie Enright returning to Puerto Rico, following her knee injury, has been outstanding, leading the meagre Toray Arrows attack. An exception to the rule, maybe, but nevertheless, her achievements, should act as encouragement for players in the 1.70M-1.77M height range, in attaining International status, especially versatile players, such as Akari Oumi. She is equally competent, both in defence and attack. She most certainly deserves her chance at Montreux, and the other European challenges, prior to the WGP.

what about mari horikawa?i think shes around 180 cm,?since some of the current japan womens nt are about to retire later on..would be nice to see some new good players... :drink: :drink:

• Do you guys know why Ebata plays in second division? She plays very well in NT :what:

• Do you guys know why Ebata plays in second division? She plays very well in NT :what:

It is club loyalty and contracts that keep players tied to clubs in Japan. Hitachi were demoted to the Challenge League in 2009, when the Premier League was reduced to eight teams, following the collapse of Bamboo the same year. They have been trying to get promotion since. Along with Ageo Medics, Hitachi Rivale, will almost certainly compete over two games with the last two placed Premier teams, at the end of the seson, for those two treasured places.
    :woohoo:

• what about mari horikawa?i think shes around 180 cm,?since some of the current japan womens nt are about to retire later on..would be nice to see some new good players... :drink: :drink:

Sorry i know is off topic !
    She has played very little, much still needs to evolve. ;)