2013 FIVB Youth World Championship - Thailand - 26/07

• No way Turkey won't defend the Title because the tournament isn't at Their courts.

/ Serdar will remember the post and if Turkey wins, what is possible as meteor hitting Earth after week, will remind Me the post /

• What about Turkey? Are the current champions still strong?

They won balkan cup with B team but they had shaky results in youth olympics with A team but still a strong roster i expect them to reach SFs in WCH but it also depends to China,Brazil and USA's rosters.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• They won balkan cup with B team but they had shaky results in youth olympics with A team but still a strong roster i expect them to reach SFs in WCH but it also depends to China,Brazil and USA's rosters.

According to your opinion, Turkey won't probably win. I don't know... I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I suppose USA won't be strong. They usually don't have good results at the girls youth world championship.

• Turkey has good opposite, middleblockers and setter but OHs cant recieve. Libero is not so good either. They turn the team into a mediocre one :(

• i also expect a Semi final from Turkey's girls...Turkey-Italy-Poland are the best teams of the this generation in Europe.
    if Turkish OHs play well turkey can achieve good results.in last EcH turkish MB Hande Baladin, OPP Pelin and setter Arelya were good.
    what about Chinese girls level ? how about them as team and individually? and what about Brazilian girsl?

• It's hard to assume something now because at this age teams usually have lots of ups and downs. I only can say that Brazil has some good players like Lais, Laiza, Drussyla, etc.
    During U18 Pan American Cup, we had some good and bad moments. We lost to Dominican Republic, for instance, but after this Brazil came back and won the championship. I suppose everything here depends on opponents in the playoffs, the moment of the team and such things.

• It's hard to assume something now because at this age teams usually have lots of ups and downs. I only can say that Brazil has some good players like Lais, Laiza, Drussyla, etc.
    During U18 Pan American Cup, we had some good and bad moments. We lost to Dominican Republic, for instance, but after this Brazil came back and won the championship. I suppose everything here depends on opponents in the playoffs, the moment of the team and such things.

is it correct, or I am wrong, that this Brasil Youth isn`t that strong!?
    Ok, they were 1st at the Pan Cup, but only 2nd at the South American Champs last year

• Does someone has an Explanation , why PERU (last years South American Champ) was so terrible during the "U18 Panamerican Cup" in May this year ??

They`ve just won vs Guatemala. Position Number 6.

Peru sent a B team. Subtitutes + U16 players

• Barbara Briceno, de Valle, Arnao Urrutia and Cristina Cuba are substitutes? These are the Players, who also took part at the South Am.

De Valle, Cuba and Delgado are also part of the Junior National Team, that have played in Czech this year

Peru best players are:

Angela Leyva (OH) (3rd best scorer Junior WCH)
    Shiamara Almeida (S)
    Rosa Valiente (MB)
    Maguilaura Frias (OPP)
    and Violeta Delgado (L)

Del Valle and Urrutia are not good as Valiente, and Valiente was injured 5 months. Now she will play but she is not in good conditions. She's still recovering.
    Frias and Shiamara also were injured too, They are still recovering.

Barbara Briceño and Palma are the worst of this team. Both can help in some situations but definetly they are not good enough.

That's why Peru didn't win against Brazil, Argentina and Dom. Rep. during Panam Cup U18
    Regalado was our best player in that tournament, she is 15yo and she will play youth WCH.

• Japan team won last year's Asian girls youth volleyball championships...beating china in the finals that was held in china...so i suppose they are stronger team...but sadly Sarina Koga is not the roster for this year's world championship, she's the main weapon then..i'm thinking its because she's in the Japanese Senior NT already.. :drink:

I saw her in the roster of Japanese youth girls for this competition

• Polish roster for YWCH 2013:
    Setters: Paulina Bałdyga, Karolina Szczygieł
    OH: Magdalena Damaske, Klaudia Grzelak, Karolina Piśla, Małgorzata Barszcz
    MB: Małgorzata Śmieszek, Kornelia Moskwa, Weronika Fojucik
    Opp: Malwina Smarzek, Justyna Antosiewicz
    Libero: Klaudia Kulig

3 changes compared to ECH, no Aleksandra Kazała (OH), Aleksandra Wańczyk (MB) and Pola Nowakowska (Libero).

• I remember that the libero got injured in the last minutes of ECH final, is that the reason for her absence?

Well, she had medical exams and it wasn't nothing serious. Shortly after ECH she came back on court. She was on camp before WCH when Poland played with Brazil, but she feel pain in her knee and after new medical exams she is out on 4 months. However this time she was OH not libero and I think that her chances to win a spot on this position.was very small. But ofcourse it's a pity that she is out because of injury.

• is it correct, or I am wrong, that this Brasil Youth isn`t that strong!?
    Ok, they were 1st at the Pan Cup, but only 2nd at the South American Champs last year

We aren't that strong, but as I said before it depends on who will play its best there. IMO all those teams seems to have the same level. Brazil lost the South American Championship in the tie-break. Peru was the host and isn't a weak team. Now they have a competitive team at this age. The winner will be the team more consistent during playoffs and under 18 players usually have lots of ups and downs. Hard to predict.

• I saw her in the roster of Japanese youth girls for this competition

yeah its in fivb website, but she's not included in the Japanese website recently...so i guess the one on the FIVB is a wide roster but not the final 12 players that is posted in the JVA website.. :drink:

• Polish roster:
    S: Paulina Bałdyga, Karolina Szczygieł
    MB: Małgorzata Śmieszek, Kornelia Moskwa, Weronika Fojucik
    OH: Magdalena Damaske, Klaudia Grzelak, Karolina Piśla, Małgorzata Barszcz
    OP: Malwina Smarzek, Justyna Antosiewicz
    L: Klaudia Kulig

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game