2013 FIVB U23 World Championship - Mexico - 05/10

• Indeed, it must be Italian A senior team :lol: Of course Guiggi and Arrighetti instead of Zambelli plus L. Bosetti instead of Bianchini. :whistle:

Well, I forgot Raphaela Folie! She was born in 1991 so she can definitely be included in the U23 roster!

Italy U23:
    Camera - Diouf
    C.Bosetti - Gennari
    Folie - Chirichella
    Sirressi

• the 22 roster is under Lang Ping's guidance and direction.
    in the tight 2013 schedule of Lang Ping, we do not see any thing about U23 championship, which means the players belonging to the main structure of China NT will not participate the game.
    probably the mixture of Junior and Youth team will attend it...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• And which teams from NORCECA can appear there? The best 4 teams there are USA, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Mexico probably will be there as host.

From Dominican Republic in wide roster a place can find:
    Setters: Niverka Marte ('90), Celenia Toribio ('94), Yokaty Perez ('98], Gabriela Reyes ? ('92)
    Opposites: Jeoselina Rodriguez ('91), Gaila Gonzalez ('96)
    Outside Hitters: Brayelin Martinez ('96), Yonkaira Peńa ('93), Erasma Moreno ('91), Yeniffer Ramirez ('93), Pamela Soriano ('95)
    Middle Blockers: Candida Arias ('92), Marianne Fersola ('92), Jineiry Martinez ('97), Marifranchi Rodriguez ('90)
    Liberos: Brenda Castillo ('92), Ana Binet ('92), Winifer Fernandez ('95)

Lisvel Eve-Castillo also would be there, but she's injured. She could be either as MB or as OH.

If I choose 12 from these players it should look this (bold - starters):
    S: Marte, Toribio, (Perez/Reyes)
    OP: J. Rodriguez, Gonzalez
    OH: B. Martinez, Peńa, Binet (though she's 174)
    MB: Arias, Fersola, J. Martinez
    L: Castillo, Fernandez (back-row substitution)

Knowing coaches there, in roster could be Moreno or Ramirez instead of Fernandez and M. Rodirguez instead of J. Martinez. I don't know if players from 1990 can play there, so there are in italics. If they can't play, instead of Marte probably appear Perez or Reyes (I don't know if she's still active player).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 12 countries determined to complete the tournament..

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=42025&Language=en

The FIVB Volleyball Women’s U23 World Championship Open, which takes place in Tijuana, Mexico from October 5 to12, will feature two countries per confederation plus the host Mexico and the highest country in the world rankings not already selected by their confederation – in this case USA.

Organiser: Mexico
    AVC: Japan
    AVC: China
    CAVB: Algeria
    CAVB: Kenya
    CEV: Italy
    CEV: Turkey
    CSV: Brazil
    CSV: Argentina
    NORCECA: Dominican Republic
    NORCECA: Cuba
    Highest WR: USA

Competition Format

There are a total of 12 teams per gender. The competition format will see the 12 teams split into two pools of six teams playing in round robin format. The semifinals will feature the top two teams from each pool.

to be me...

• Any idea about the participation criteria? Peru has higher rankng than Argentina according to world ranking :what:

• NORCECA ! Your fox's ideas will end. Special choosed Cuba, who plays very rarely in such youth junior level, to have one more Team in Tour, 4 Teams overall.

Dominican Republic Boss is Norceca Boss, isn't?

• Curious how will look pools after "draw". Knowing FIVB-Norceca relations "The Hand" will draw:

Pool A: Mexico, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Algeria, Kenya.

Pool B: Serbia, Turkey, China, Japan, USA, Argentina.

Maybe because FIVB President is from CSV Argentina will go to A, Cuba to B.

• NORCECA ! Your fox's ideas will end. Special choosed Cuba, who plays very rarely in such youth junior level, to have one more Team in Tour, 4 Teams overall.

Dominican Republic Boss is Norceca Boss, isn't?

Cristobal Marte is vice president of DR federation, but... we can say that he is some kind of "boss" and of course he is a president of NORCECA. This tournament was created by his idea and Hmm... just theoretically... which team should he put in place from NORCECA? Puerto Rico is weaker U23 team than Cuba U23 I guess... or maybe... you prefer Honduras, Trinidad & Tobago or Costa Rica? In U23 Pan American Cup last year, Puerto Rico didn't send a team (they could), that's why they didn't show that they deserve on Cuba's place in this championships, so... it wasn't his choice?

USA didn't send a team there too, but they got a Wild Card. It would be unfair, if Cuba wouldn't get a place there, because it was second team from NORCECA on U23 Pan American Cup (which was qualification for U23 WCH)

For me unacceptable is fact that in this championship we'll have TWO teams from Africa. We can see them level now on World Grand Prix 2013 and no more comments. They should have one team or give more places for teams from Europe or Asia.

Don't say that, because for example in U18 World Championship DR NT had very difficult group with Slovenia, Brazil and USA. If would be some cheat, I guess on Puerto Rico's place in group A, would be Dominican Republic, if you go in this direction of conspiracy.

• Which Team had to choose NORCECA? Answer is very simple- Dominican Republic and USA. In that case Team from Norceca won't get place- "the highest in Ranking, without qualification".

As You said the Tour is Norceca Boss idea, Youth and Junior aren't, so probably will be conspiracy.

• I wouldn't be surprised if Italy and Turkey send very weak teams there. Domestic leagues are about to start at that time and many of the best U23 players play in good clubs who won't be happy to release them for such a ridiculous tournament so short before the season.

• what an unbalanced pools haha :rolll:

• Which Team had to choose NORCECA? Answer is very simple- Dominican Republic and USA. In that case Team from Norceca won't get place- "the highest in Ranking, without qualification".

As You said the Tour is Norceca Boss idea, Youth and Junior aren't, so probably will be conspiracy.

Nope. Pan American Cup is tournament for qualification. For World Grand Prix in senior PAC and for U23 WCH is U23 PAC. Qualification should get first team from NORCECA on this tournament - Dominican Republic and second - Cuba. USA got Wild Card, because the level of this competition on this tournament would be worse than without them I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Italy and Turkey send very weak teams there. Domestic leagues are about to start at that time and many of the best U23 players play in good clubs who won't be happy to release them for such a ridiculous tournament so short before the season.

I think this same. This competiton should be after league season around June or first period of July, because is no competition in this time and then these players will have enough time for prepare to World Grand Prix. A lot of clubs don't want to sign contracts with players, which will play on this competition, because is very late and in some leagues in this time season already will start, when this competition will be played, so I agree about Italy and Turkey NT. This tournament in this year, on this time just makes a problems.

• I wouldn't be surprised if Italy and Turkey send very weak teams there. Domestic leagues are about to start at that time and many of the best U23 players play in good clubs who won't be happy to release them for such a ridiculous tournament so short before the season.

The players from European league will play in that tournament. Asuman,Polen,Büsra were part of that team and it was said this is a U23 team. However they are 1990 borns so can they play there?

Turkish Team's Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu is obsessed with good results at younger level so I believe he will force all player to play at that tournament no matter what :whistle: By the way, except Polen, Asuman and Büşra, I would take players from 1994/95 generation instead of players from the roster for European League. :whistle:

• Teams from Norceca were qualified during the u23 panamerican cup celebrated in Perú this year.

Dominican Republic was the Champion and Cuba was the second higher qualified team from norceca on that tournament.

Brasil finished second and Argentina was the second highest team from its confederation

Peru didn't qualified because they were third among team from south America in that tournament.

Pure and simple!!!

• For those who ask why is the USA qualified for this tournament, the answer is that according with the rules for the championship there is one spot for the team that did not qualified for the championship but is higher in the FIVB ranking, and that country is USA.

• great clear answer....thats pure and simple...

to be me...

• for the draw, IMO, FIVB will made it confiderally balanced...
    any 2 countries from the same continent cannot be put into the same pool...

to be me...