2013 Universiade - Russia - 06/07

• 2011 China Women's Finals:

Gold Medal Match:

China - Brazil 0:3 17:25, 12:25, 17:25.

Bronze Medal Match:

Russia - Japan 3:1 25:15, 25:21, 22:25, 25:17.

• It's very important for Russian Volley Federation to win this tournament. I won't be surprised if they'll consider this - the main event of the year

• you mean Russia will participate in Universiade as with good players as possible?

Yes, Marichev said that they will take part in Universiade with the best squad they can manage. It's very important event for them, so they want to win it.

• I'm curious what full rules are here.

In Universiade may play Person who is studying actually and/or does exist age limit? If age limit doesn't exist Gamova and Sokolova may begin postgraduate studies and as Students play here.

• There is a limit - player should either be a student or be max. 2 years after graduation. And the age limit is 28 I believe.

• Are they inviting more than four teams?

• Are they inviting more than four teams?

2011 Standings:

1 Brazil
    2 China
    3 Russia
    4 Japan
    5 Poland
    6 Ukraine
    7 Chinese Taipei
    8 Thailand
    9 Belgium
    10 Italy
    11 Canada
    12 Hong Kong
    13 France
    14 Sweden
    15 Norway

Do USA know that Universiade exists?

• They're referred to as the World University Games here in the USA but it's not covered very much if at all. I know that the men's program has taken part in volleyball not sure a women's team has participated, at least not recently.

• A:

* Russia
    * Poland
    * USA
    * Czech Republic

B:

* Brazil
    * Canada
    * Norway
    * Algeria

C:

* China
    * Chinese Taipei
    * Slovakia
    * Democratic People's Republic of Korea

D:

* Japan
    * Thailand
    * Hong Kong
    * Chile

• Maybe it is because Turkey did not participate to tournament at all :roll:

• so many tournaments, i cant distinguish them from each other at times....we used to participate in it but why not in 2011?

Yeah it must be hard to distinguish a university tournament among ECh and WCh :whistle:

During last a few years we have pretty intense NT calendar also our youngesters had already chance to play in European League so no need to play in such an insignificant tournament ;)

• Yeah it must be hard to distinguish a university tournament among ECh and WCh :whistle:

During last a few years we have pretty intense NT calendar also our youngesters had already chance to play in European League so no need to play in such an insignificant tournament ;)

i mean mediterranean games,youth olimpics,univeraide etc...

serdar please dont write answers to my posts ,deal with Erol ;)

• i mean mediterranean games,youth olimpics,univeraide etc...

serdar please dont write answers to my posts ,deal with Erol ;)

You are right, you never write anything worth to read so to ignore you as Erol would be good idea ;)