2013 Universiade - Russia - 06/07

• And I thought Russian players didn't care about the rivalry with Brazil :whistle: :lol:

Anyway I like it, such rivalries make the sport interesting. Cuba vs Brazil in the 90s, Russia vs Brazil in the 2000s. I just think sometimes players shouldn't get so much carried away. Maybe Russia should have rather concentrated on their game rather than on screaming at Brazilian players in that particular match...but who would have imagined a Russian team displaying so many emotions on court 20 years ago? :D

• And I thought Russian players didn't care about the rivalry with Brazil :whistle: :lol:

Anyway I like it, such rivalries make the sport interesting. Cuba vs Brazil in the 90s, Russia vs Brazil in the 2000s. I just think sometimes players shouldn't get so much carried away. Maybe Russia should have rather concentrated on their game rather than on screaming at Brazilian players in that particular match...but who would have imagined a Russian team displaying so many emotions on court 20 years ago? :D

Yeah, I was surprised as hell too. 8| This behavior is in total contrast with everything that was said before. And now Pasynkova comes up with face-screaming and mind-blowing bullshit about revenge.... The only player who always shows positive emotions on court is Zaryazhko and for all the others I'd rather see queens of ice again than this hysteria. It's not in our culture. I can't stand Spiridonov so much that just don't support our male team anymore and now this :thumbdown: And also I predict that brave Pasynkova will totally fade away in Campinas before the Brazilian crowd and real Brazilian NT.

• [quote=I really wonder what Pankova said to the Brazilians during handshake that made them stare at her like that, I almost expected a Brazil-Cuba style fight :lol:[/quote]

i just watched the video a while a go. the brazilian girl did not shake hands with pankova that maybe triggered her to say not something nice and made the next 2 brazilian girls stare her like that :lol:

• No, aggressive, angry, violent attitude is not seen in Russian history I agree :D

Have you really said something funny? You wanna talk about politics here? History? I couldn't care less on what you think about Russians anyway, you probably know them better than I. Very smart one here :thumbdown:

• Have you really said something funny? You wanna talk about politics here? History? I couldn't care less on what you think about Russians anyway, you probably know them better than I. Very smart one here :thumbdown:

ok sorry but u said u were suprised by the attitude but its just the same as goncharova, gamova, karpol have been doing since long time ago

• Yeah, I was surprised as hell too. 8| This behavior is in total contrast with everything that was said before. And now Pasynkova comes up with face-screaming and mind-blowing bullshit about revenge.... The only player who always shows positive emotions on court is Zaryazhko and for all the others I'd rather see queens of ice again than this hysteria. It's not in our culture. I can't stand Spiridonov so much that just don't support our male team anymore and now this :thumbdown: And also I predict that brave Pasynkova will totally fade away in Campinas before the Brazilian crowd and real Brazilian NT.

Spiridonov is indeed the most annoying player in the world, I hardly ever watch men's volleyball but his attitude in WL matches in Germany was just unbearable. Luckily women's team is still far away from such behavior and hopefully will never get there...

• ok sorry but u said u were suprised by the attitude but its just the same as goncharova, gamova, karpol have been doing since long time ago

I don't think it's the same, but it's ok, let's not argue about it.

• Luckily women's team is still far away from such behavior and hopefully will never get there...

Yeah, I think it's one-off. This players, who haven't really won anything, got the change to win a final game against a team with Brazil on their jerseys in a home competition that was praised by Russian government and National federation as the next big thing after Olympics, so they probably got carried away, a type of mass madness. I still hope they wil act differently in another games against Brazil.

• Roberta-Bruna is a very very good duo! They will be very important for Unilever this upcoming season.. they did a good job this previous season too. Roberta has a good strong serve, and Bruna is energetic.. They did very well in the semifinal, one of the reasons why Brazil won IMO

• Here's the match (beginning of 1st set missing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB7dJrB4I5I

I really really really wonder what Pankova said during handshakes :lol: That look on the faces of Brazil players is just priceless :D

Maybe she learnt some aggressive portuguese before the match :lol:

• Best Players according to stats:
    Best Scorer: Jin Sim Jong (North Korea)
    Best Spiker: Jin Sim Jong (North Korea)
    Best Blocker: Aleksandra Sikorska (Poland)
    Best Server: Jin Sim Jong (North Korea)
    Best Digger: Piyanut Pannoy (Thailand)
    Best Setter: Ok Ju Min (North Korea)
    Best Receiver: Tapaphaipun Chaisri (Thailand)
    Best Libero: Chia Hui Chien (Chinese Taipei)

According to stats it's obvious that MVP should get Jin Sim Jong, despite that North Korea was only 7th.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Only Poland against the Asians :rose:

• Brazil with its college team and Russia with the new senior team? :white:

Is that fair?

• about pasynkova's reaction to the brazilians: i think her reason is much deeper. she's part of the team that was decimated by brazil in 2008 olympics 3-0 (she's a bench player in that tournament). then comes the famous/infamous q4 against brazil last 2012 olympics. so i guess her loathing for brazil has finally caught up w/ her? who knows... :cheesy:

• Russia could only avenge themselves for their loss in London if they will be able to beat Brazil in the fight for the gold in Rio. IF, and only if, these two teams will meet in the final. :roll:

• Best setter was Juliana Carrijo, aside being bench after Poland's match. :roll:

globo.com