The 2013 FIVB World Club Championships

• Lausanne, Switzerland, April 10, 2013 – The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) is pleased to announce that Switzerland and Brazil have been confirmed as hosts of the FIVB Women’s and Men’s Club World Championship tournaments for the next three years respectively.

Zurich will become the first Swiss city to host an FIVB volleyball event when they welcome six (one from each continent and the organiser) of the world’s premier clubs from October 8 to 13 later this year while the host city in Brazil for the men’s competition running from October 15 to 20 will be confirmed in a month’s time. The composition of the men’s competition is also still to be confirmed.

It is the first time the FIVB Club World Championships have been held in two different cities.

“I’m very proud to be able to confirm this exciting change to the FIVB volleyball calendar,” FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° said. “Two strong countries, one with outstanding volleyball pedigree, the other the home of the FIVB, hosting the FIVB Club World Championships it will make for an exciting competition.”

The FIVB Club World Championships will be held in the month of May in 2014 and 2015.

Europe’s Vakifbank Istanbul and Lokomotiv Novosibirsk are the only clubs to have qualified so far for the 2013 edition having won the women’s and men’s CEV Champions League respectively in March. Meanwhile the Africa Women’s Club Championships will be completed on Friday prior to the men’s competition. The other confederations sees Asia hosting two tournaments – one in Dac Lac City, Vietnam for women from April 27 to May 5 and another in Tehran, Iran from April 21 to 29 while NORCECA and South America are still to confirm their selection procedures.

Doha, Qatar had been the traditional host of the FIVB Club World Championships from 2009 to 2012 with the Men’s Club World Championship having previously run from 1989 to 1992 while the women’s edition went from 1991 to 1994.

Source: http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=37781&Language=en and http://www.volerozuerich.ch/de…eisterschaft_nach_zuerich

• What a bullshit. Only one place for Europe + weak Volero Zurich instead of strong Rabita or Busto at least plus weak Team from Africa and Norceca. 3 weak Teams in 6 Teams overall and bet that Volero will have Africa or to create appearances :lol: from Norceca.

• What a bullshit. Only one place for Europe + weak Volero Zurich instead of strong Rabita or Busto at least plus weak Team from Africa and Norceca. 3 weak Teams in 6 Teams overall and bet that Volero will have Africa or to create appearances :lol: from Norceca.

IMO, it's indeed a very questionable decision.

• Sollys/Osasco will naturally get a wild card as current champion.

Sheilla confirmed it: http://globoesporte.globo.com/…a-aliancas-no-sabado.html

Probably we will see Unilever and Sollys there.
    In fact, Unilever never worried about this championship before, but now with Sollys presence there, I know they will wish a lot win this championship. :lol: They can't imagine themselves without a title that Sollys/Osasco has. :rolll:

• So you say that I'll get to see live Vakifbank and (probably) Unilever AND Osasco all in one place?? :cheesy: :woohoo:

Off-topic:

"Wanted a romantic style wedding. Preferably outdoors, in a garden, surrounded by hydrangeas and a few guests. Among them Adenízia, Thaísa and Fabiana, the bridesmaids. "

So, no Mari then? Pity. :lol:

• Something is wrong there. Only 6 Teams where is Zurich, Vakifbank, Prisons plus Norceca, CSV, Asia plus Sollys = 7.

• Something is wrong there. Only 6 Teams where is Zurich, Vakifbank, Prisons plus Norceca, CSV, Asia plus Sollys = 7.

Must be only one from CSV, so only Sollys or someone else like Unilever.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sollys/Osasco will naturally get a wild card as current champion.

Sheilla confirmed it: http://globoesporte.globo.com/…a-aliancas-no-sabado.html

Probably we will see Unilever and Sollys there.
    In fact, Unilever never worried about this championship before, but now with Sollys presence there, I know they will wish a lot win this championship. :lol: They can't imagine themselves without a title that Sollys/Osasco has. :rolll:

:lol: like turkish FB-Gs..

• :lol:

I'm pretty sure that Mari will search for "more important things" at Sheilla's wedding day like walk a turtle, for example.

• This competition is in October?
    Come on!
    While our Vakif girls are so hot, lets play these games asap.

In 2014-2015? Why not this year too. October is a meaningless month, players will be cold and teams of hot places like Brazil will have advantage.

• Unilever will probably lost their best opposite (Sarah), their best OH (Natália) and Logam Tom. Sollys lost Garay, their bench players (Karine, Ivna, Samara) and could lost Jaqueline.
    New players will probably join the team few weeks before championship.
    I can't understand how brazilian teams could take advantage of it.

• Unilever will probably lost their best opposite (Sarah), their best OH (Natália) and Logam Tom. Sollys lost Garay, their bench players (Karine, Ivna, Samara) and could lost Jaqueline.
    New players will probably join the team few weeks before championship.
    I can't understand how brazilian teams could take advantage of it.

Well, It is not hard to understand...if you consider the national team cicles for the European teams..they have much more tournaments and the season is much more demanding for them...so October is always a month they are completely exhausted...ending of nt already starting club season.

Brazil only plays Grand Prix as "important" tournament...

So I must agree...brazilian teams have an advantaged when comes to play a club tournament in october. And teams there in Europe change much more than the ones here in Brazil Of course that wont be the case of Vakifbank this season..but if you consider the others...

Foppa won Champions League with Furst, Del Core, Lo Bianco...and had to play the World Championship the next year without any of them....Fenerbahçe won with Fabiana, Logan, Naz...and also played the tournament without any of them.

Rabita it self, they only had two weeks preparation when they arrived to World Championship...of course the team could not showed their best.

I honestly dont see a point in a tournament that should be the best of the world to happen in beginning of season and not at the end of it...

Rabita and Sollys played the final...and none of them won their respective "continental" tournaments...

For me this tournament is just a mess...honestly speaking.

• I know european season demanding more of them and I'm not talking that I prefer this tournament at October. IMO it must happen one time in four years with more teams and better calendary. BTW, I'm talking about this year, 3 of the best players of Unilever will leave the team. Vakifbank kept their main players to next season. I can't understand how we could take advantage of it.

World Club Championship fit more for european clubs. I disagree here. Brazil NT usually plays even Pan-Americano and Sul-Americano with their full roster. 2010 World Club Championship, Rabita and Vakifbank played with their full roster and Sollys only had Adenizia and Brait because all other players were with NT. World Club Championship will be held at October not cause of Unilever but because it fits more for the european clubs. :win:

Vakifbank players this year will have an exhaustive season for sure. European Championship is important for them. But look their roster: Naz (22), Gizem (26), Toksoy (25), Fürst (28 ). Unilever: Fofão (43), Fabi (33), Juciely (32), Valeskinha (37). Fofão could be Naz's mother. I don't think they could have more physical problems than Unilever. ;) I'm pretty sure that Fofão prefers be 22 and play a lot of championships to be 43 and stay inactive for months. Inactivity isn't good. Everybody knows that. It's the reason why Brazil NT will play some friendly match this year. Vakifbank players will play good championships and that's good. :win:

We must accept when we lose. Say those kind of things (some team has advantage because of bla bla bla) is a non-sportive attitude. Everything has at least two sides. If Unilever lost, it's ok for me. Congrats to the opponent. If we win, say those kind of things is unfair too. Vakifbank has much more money and younger players. If Uni won is their merit not because is October. :down:

• I never said it wouldnt be Uni merit if they manage to win, as I didnt said Sollys didnt have their merit to win the Club World championship...I jsut said the calendar helps brazilian teams not european..

Lets be honest, South American and PanaAmerican championships? Common, they are not really demanding tournaments, South American is a joke, and Panamerican has some good teams, but USA usually sends a B team, Cuba almost dont have a team anymore, anyway..its a good tournament, but not even close to any European qualification they must play.

It is not about the age, it is all about preparation...If it was only about the age, Unilever would never manage to win anything this season...and we did! ;)

You must agree, the teams show their best in end of season, not beginning.

• yes uni win with luck :lol:

• t look their roster: Naz (22), Gizem (26), Toksoy (25), Fürst (28 ). Unilever: Fofão (43), Fabi (33), Juciely (32), Valeskinha (37). Fofão could be Naz's mother. I don't think they could have more physical problems than Unilever

Oh, how unfair this is. Then, to this world club competition, we can send Glinka and Nikolic who are the only ones above 30s.:)

I was joking when I was saying Uni will have some advantage over Vakif. It was just that while our girls are so hot, taking any cup on the road nowadays, they will not be so hot in October, motivation after all won't be so easy. But, today, Guidetti said their next target is world cup, so, I think he'll find a way to re-motivate them early in the next season, in October.

• Oh, how unfair this is. Then, to this world club competition, we can send Glinka and Nikolic who are the only ones above 30s.:)

I was joking when I was saying Uni will have some advantage over Vakif. It was just that while our girls are so hot, taking any cup on the road nowadays, they will not be so hot in October, motivation after all won't be so easy. But, today, Guidetti said their next target is world cup, so, I think he'll find a way to re-motivate them early in the next season, in October.

Sorry, man. You know, a lot of people are saying that Glinka will retire. Unilever will probably lost two wing-spikers (Natália and Logan Tom). I didn't compare OH because only Gödze is confirmed.

Now, it's a brilliant time to Vakifbank. At October, they will find motivation for this championship. It isn't a good competition and will be held at the worst time, but, once there, anybody wants to lose. :thumbsup:

• I never said it wouldnt be Uni merit if they manage to win, as I didnt said Sollys didnt have their merit to win the Club World championship...I jsut said the calendar helps brazilian teams not european..

2011 World Club Championship was held in Doha at October, 8-14 (almost same this.year, October, 8-13). Unilever won Superliga 2010/2011, but decided not play World Club Championship. Sollys accepted CSV invitation to replace Unilever. Nevertheless, only Adenízia and Brait played WCC because the others players was with Brazil NT, right? European clubs sent their full roster. Vakifbank with Gizem, Gözde, Fürst, Glinka, Nikolic, etc. Rabita sent Mammadova, Osmokrovic, Krsmanovic, etc.

My point is: "if the calendar helps brazilian teams not european" as you said, why could they send their full roster and brazilian team not? Unilever denied because theiy haven't players to send and Sollys played with bench players because their players was with Brazil NT. I repeat: If the calendar helps brazilian teams why could europeans send their full roster and we couldn't? If the calendar help someone, it seems to help them not us.

European Championship Final Round 6-14 September
    South American Championship 16-22 September
    World Club Championship 8-13 October
    Grand Champions Cup 12-17 November

If Juciely, Gabi and another of our main players play Grand Champions Cup, we will send a lot of bench players for starting six. I think Turkey won't play Grand Champions Cup. They will send full roster again and Vakifbank roster is powerful. ;)

Lets be honest, South American and PanaAmerican championships? Common, they are not really demanding tournaments, South American is a joke, and Panamerican has some good teams, but USA usually sends a B team, Cuba almost dont have a team anymore, anyway..its a good tournament, but not even close to any European qualification they must play.

I agree. European qualification is stronger, but it's a good not bad thing. What do you prefer: play against Peru, Colôlmbia and Venezuela or Russia, Turkey, Italy, Poland, etc? In terms of preparation is far better. Demanding tournaments make you more prepared than not demanding ones. For players shape, is the best way. How could you do your best if your opponent doesn't require it? Play European Championship isn't a bad thing, it's a privilege to them. It's an amazing experience. ;)

It is not about the age, it is all about preparation...If it was only about the age, Unilever would never manage to win anything this season...and we did!

I talked about the age because you said europeans have an exhaustive season (what is true!) and for this reason brazilian teams could be more prepared. I answer Unilever players are 43, 37, 32 years old while Vakifbank players are 22, 25, etc. I said that have 22 years old and play the best competitions of the world is better than be 43 years old and remain inactive for 5 months (isn't 3-4 weeks. 5 months is almost half year). Fofão won't play an official match during 5 months. World Championship is played in 1 week. She won't play during 5 months and must be in shape in 1 week. I know Fofão could do it, but it's hard, don't you think? ;)

You must agree, the teams show their best in end of season, not beginning.

You are right! I agree.:win:

• Official statement say that to Volero Zurich, Kenya Prisons and Vakifbank will be add CSV Champion + AVC Champion + Norceca Team so without 2012 World Club Champion Sollys Osasco.