The 2013 FIVB World Club Championships

• Unilever will fly to Zurich only tomorrow.

Yesterday they had the last training session before the flight. Bernardinho said after the training that he is considering not using full squad against Vakifbank depending on the previous results.

Cause would be three matches in three days in a row (x Vakifbank, semifinal, Final/3º4º) and he thinks that could be to much for some players like Fofão for example. So If the team gets against Vakifbank already qualified to semifinals he will probably not put the hole team inside court, as he believes who ever comes from the other semifinal will be a strong team.

Here there is a video with the last training - http://sportv.globo.com/videos…-clubes-de-volei/2867764/

• Unilever won a friendly match against Volero today as a preparation for the club World Championship.

Unilever 3x0 Volero Zurich (25-16, 31-29, 25-13)

Unilever: Fofão, Sarah Pavan, Gabi, Regis, Juciely, Carol, Fabi (L). During the match bernardinho did some changes i the roster.
    I don't know which players were playing for Volero.

Gabi "It was a good preparation for the debut at the World Championship. We made some adjustments, got more game rhythm and could study a bit more Volero, that can be a future adversary. We kept a good level during all game and managed to win."

http://www.saqueviagem.com.br/…talhe.php?idPost=12561718

• Unilever 3x0 Iowa Ice (25-14, 25-16, 25-22)

It was a good start for Unilever, but the team did a lot of mistakes, 21 total in three sets...the team needs to decrease that to go foward in competition.

But I think overall it was good. Carol did a very good two first sets, and well..it was Mihajlovic official debut! ^^

Iowa Ice didnt make as many mistakes as Unilever..but I guess they did the mistakes in the wrong times...specially sercive in third set, when the game was closer...were to many. But I think its a great experience for them to be at this World Championship.

• Low level, lots of errors... but it's what we and, I guess, all teams have for this 'pre-season tournament'. :whistle:

Branca is still recovering from the elbow injury.
    Bernardinho said it'll be hard to line-up her in this tournament and that she'll probably be only a good backup for now.

Considering the old and the new format, south american and european teams won it 3 times each. Asian teams never took a podium.
    I guess it is going to be broken now. The chinese team had an amazing roster and is one of the favourites not only for the podium, but for the gold medal too. 8)

There's no broadcast for the preliminary round in Brazil. I gather Sportv bought TV rights and decided on no broadcasting out of blue. :aww: Laola live webcast doesn't work here. :wall:

• Is it just me or she has improved in passing?!

I don't think any judgements should be based upon a match against Kenya...if she passes well against the other teams we can say she improved.

By the way, to the Brazilians: I'm again watching a stream from Sport TV 2, is that not a Brazilian channel? They definitely speak Portuguese...

• But I was watching Unilever match from a Brazilian livestream ?(

I don't think so...there was no broadcast in Brazil.
    Sportv has the rights which made Laola not working here too. It's so ridiculous how they announce the game and out of nowhere just don't broadcast!! If it was soccer...

• I don't think any judgements should be based upon a match against Kenya...if she passes well against the other teams we can say she improved.

By the way, to the Brazilians: I'm again watching a stream from Sport TV 2, is that not a Brazilian channel? They definitely speak Portuguese...

Where is the link?! That's not possible. They didn't broadcast it live, I'm sure of that.

• I don't understand why Hodge still tries using jump serve, she's simply terrible at it! Either she makes a direct mistake or the ball is veeeery easy to receive because it's like a soft spike from behind the court, no power or placement at all there...

• http://www.drakulastream.eu/st…opups/17591904283670.html

But I just noticed that it's actually a Portuguese channel....they also show the Top Volley tournament every year...I had no idea volleyball was popular enough in Portugal to have such matches broadcasted :white:

OMG this is surreal. What a shame, Sportv (from Brazil) and CBV. What a shame!

• I don't understand why Hodge still tries using jump serve, she's simply terrible at it! Either she makes a direct mistake or the ball is veeeery easy to receive because it's like a soft spike from behind the court, no power or placement at all there...

Absolutely agree.. i don't know why she hasn't tried to serve jump float till now.. she has a standing floater which is very easy to pass.. and this so called jump is also easy to pass, but she makes so many mistakes also