2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• wait, corsica is in italy now?

Where do you see Corsica ?

• Great game by Brazil. If they can serve like today, noone has a chance against them. I really loved block-defense thingie in Brazil, everything seemed to work well today and China of course allowed this with easy serves, terrible middles and bad opposites. The only threat from China today was Zhu Ting and poor Wei did not have any other alternatives.

I also would not underestimate Russia. Together with Italy, they might push US out of the tournament. I feel bad though since I prefer this three plus Brazil in semis.

• i think US will win the other group so US and BRA will only meet in the final…

exactly my point. I'm rooting for the "other" team :lol: I'm really curious the game later between USA and Italy. This 1st match will underline the importance of USA-RUS match.

• its only me who found China's game very poor!!!! disappointing performance by China!! :down: i dont think this is bcz Brazil's superb game.... their middles attacks were terrible....Opp was terrible,Hui were terrible...Ping was terrible...etc etc....even the team of China at Wgp could have played better than this. If they play like this way then they can have tough moments even against Dominic..

i didnt like setter Wei either

• I seriously feel bad that China is playing top 6 now. I don't want to underestimate the girls efforts but all China can offer is good attacks from Zhu Ting and smart sets from Wei. Rest is boring. Middles have a serious problem in their attacking approach. There is no defense at all as well as terrible receptions. I believe Serbia and Turkey would have much more to offer in top 6 against teams like Brazil.
    Hope this is not the best China can offer otherwise it will be such a shame. :mad:

I think you shouldnt just judge them from this match. They have played some very good volleyball in this tournament, mostly with their middles and Zhu Ting. Brazil has always been difficult for them - even in tournaments where they are beating everyone else, Brazil is the thorn for them. I do think that Lang ping has a lot of work with this young team in terms of passing. They can get away with it with other teams because their blocking helps them - but against top teams its just hopeless. Serbia should have been in the top 6, but bottled it against Russ showing that when it came down to it, they were not ready to contest the top 6, same for Turkey.

• i think this has something to do with their styles of playing..
    Turkey and USA are more well-balanced teams in terms of both attack and defense, so they can have a chance with Brazil
    While Russia has really good attacks so Brazil cant really defend as well as they usually is
    So in order to beat Brazil, u should either be as balanced as Brazil or have really good attacks :box:

And in this match, China obviously lacked good defense and the only attacker they have was Zhu..
    so I'm not surprised they lost

• After Zhu became starter, Chinese MBs are not getting less balls in NT. At least this is my general impression. I really believe Chinese MBs are great attackers but I don't think they are used well offensively...

• I think you shouldnt just judge them from this match. They have played some very good volleyball in this tournament, mostly with their middles and Zhu Ting. Brazil has always been difficult for them - even in tournaments where they are beating everyone else, Brazil is the thorn for them. I do think that Lang ping has a lot of work with this young team in terms of passing. They can get away with it with other teams because their blocking helps them - but against top teams its just hopeless. Serbia should have been in the top 6, but bottled it against Russ showing that when it came down to it, they were not ready to contest the top 6, same for Turkey.

Which just reminds me of a film <12 Years A Slave> :obey:

• Brazil 10-0. Can anyone really ever beat them? Im playing devil's advocate here but I hope they don't crack on the pressure of winning their 1st WCH title at the most crucial match, the "13th" and Final match. Who that opponent will be, it definitely has a "U" & "S" :lol:

• Hi to everyone. I'm new here in this forum. Hoping to have a good time with yall vb fans in here. :cheesy:

Anyway I feel like the ones who are going to go through this round are the two teams from each pool that will play or played today.

Just like in men's WCH. The ones facing disadvantage are the teams that are still to play tomorrow.