2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Kim Hill completely outplayed Larson who had a miserable statistical match. You wonder if maybe Robinson might get a set when Larson is playing this badly. 6 for 30 on spikes, being targeted on reception, and last nights gigantic mental error when she got aced on a playable serve for set point. Just not playing with a lot of energy since she was pulled against the first match against Russia.

• So who still see an other great fav than Brazil for the title ?

• Unfortunately this trend is not only limited to USA. Almost all teams in this tournament have been playing worse than 4 years ago. When I remember the level of play of 2004 OG final (and the semifinals too), seeing what has become of volleyball 10 years later almost makes me cry.

Don't be so desesperated Matthias !
    Maybe next Sunday's Brazil / Italy (or any other NT of course 8) ) will be a great volleyball game

• So who still see an other great fav than Brazil for the title ?

Italy.

for Sure. Brasil's worst Match and the Match, where you can See and thought that they arent unbeatable was the Match against Turkey.

Good Serve and a good block/defense is all to win a Match no matter if your opononent is the Number 1 in the World.

If you want to Beat Brasil rewatch the 3 Matches form Brasil against Turkey, especially the last 2 Matches, 1 form the WGP and the other one from the WCH This year.

i See big potencial in Italy to Beat Brasil. Big Advantege is as Host.

Look at the men's WCH, Big Favourite was also Brasil, But at the End who Won? the Host. Sure its not the best comparison But to be the Host it gives you always an Advantage

• Worst case scenario what would happen if Russia wins tomorrow 3-0, 3-1 who qualifies and who's out?

• How does it look like after today games:

Pool G:
    Italy qualified because Americans had sets 3-4 and Italians can have 3-3 as the worst :wavy:
    Russia has to win 3-0 or 3-1 and will get through ^^ they'll have sets 4-3 or 4-4, so then USA is out

Pool H:
    Brazil qualified
    Dominicans have to win and will get through ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• today what was common to both matches i think was bad setting that prevented more effective middle attacks, both DOM and US. RUS actually started out using a lot of their MBs on offense but that was only first set. likewise CHN didn't use middles much, due to their bad passing. it's amazing that DOM couldn't block zeng chunlei in the combination X play, which was perhaps the most effective for CHN, besides high balls to zhu ting.

i think US still has a good chance to advance to the final but glass needs to be more consistent with setting. and they can't have that kind of breakdown they had in the 3rd set. as for RUS, i think they'll be playing for 5th with DOM.

whoaaa. that next to last point/call by the officials was ridiculous. can'tt believe the 2nd referee didn't call it for the US since it was right in front of him… that could have been ugly if RUS had won the set. btw this was the same first referee (spicalski) as in the ITA x CHN match… hmmm….

• btw i can't believe the people who are calling prisilla rivera fat, old and washed up. and yet she finished with the match with what, 18 pts??????? she's a very smart hitter, sometimes she makes us all mad because of the excessive dinking but she always gets lots of kills and today she really helped the team with some good defense, even blocking. she almost never hits the ball straight down but usually gets a block-out or dinks the ball for a point. and of course, she can pass better than martinez or pena.

btw watching how kwiek brings martinez in to sub for mambru (or marte) in front row, i wonder, why not use pena as well as an OPP, pena's passing is weak so she could be another option for OPP if martinez is not hitting well (as lately).

and now we know prisilla does not like jacque…

• btw i can't believe the people who are calling prisilla rivera fat, old and washed up. and yet she finished with the match with what, 18 pts??????? she's a very smart hitter, sometimes she makes us all mad because of the excessive dinking but she always gets lots of kills and today she really helped the team with some good defense, even blocking. she almost never hits the ball straight down but usually gets a block-out or dinks the ball for a point. and of course, she can pass better than martinez or pena.

btw watching how kwiek brings martinez in to sub for mambru (or marte) in front row, i wonder, why not use pena as well as an OPP, pena's passing is weak so she could be another option for OPP if martinez is not hitting well (as lately).

and now we know prisilla does not like jacque…

well she is kinda fat..

• I saw Rivera 4 times live in Bari and,trust me, she is just short... She doesn't even look "fat" live! She is so good in defense :white: I remember we clapped a lot of times after her digs (and Castillo's ones)

I hope Italy will win 3-0 or 3-1 today so USA will play the semis... I would like to see them playing ;) there's a part of me that will always support the USA National Team

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I saw Rivera 4 times live in Bari and,trust me, she is just short... She doesn't even look "fat" live! She is so good in defense :white: I remember we clapped a lot of times after her digs (and Castillo's ones)

I hope Italy will win 3-0 or 3-1 today so USA will play the semis... I would like to see them playing ;) there's a part of me that will always support the USA National Team

i must agree she performs very well :roll:

• If Italy is already in the SF considering set/point ratio then could they play with some subs ? otherwise Russian spikers will have to have a wonderful night for a win..

Malykh could be a starter bcz she is a faster player than Gamova and Italians know Gamova's style moreover it wont be hard to stop this Gamova not in shape....Malykh can surprise them , at least it can take some time for them to adapt their game to Malykh etc..

• the reason of us not being watching good matches at third round could be of that this tournament with its new format lasts too long : 20 days. :!: . this tournament started weeks later after wgp had finished etc..the players are tired etc..

• I think Brazil will win today against Dominican as Brazil should be the 1st and then play with the 2nd in the other pool. It's easier than playing with the host.

• If Italy is already in the SF considering set/point ratio then could they play with some subs ? otherwise Russian spikers will have to have a wonderful night for a win...

Maybe Lo Bianco, Del Core, Costagande and Arrighetti will have some rest... Who knows!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Malykh could be a starter bcz she is a faster player than Gamova and Italians know Gamova's style moreover it wont be hard to stop this Gamova not in shape....Malykh can surprise them , at least it can take some time for them to adapt their game to Malykh etc..

This would be a huge decision for the coach as there is a pressure from the Federation. After all, Gamova is a good blocker and Malykh has screwed up badly vs U.S. The other thing is that Gamova is like an empty space in defense... I would rather have Scherban or even Malova for Gamova. There are enough attackers in the team but the defense is simply non-existent.

• the reason of us not being watching good matches at third round could be of that this tournament with its new format lasts too long : 20 days. :!: . this tournament started weeks later after wgp had finished etc..the players are tired etc..

Correct! And btw same applies for the men's tournament. Feels more like World Cup.