2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• I agree with Matthias but except one thing. Poland in stead of Belgium. I really think they will play as good as they did in Ankara. Their team atmosphere looks pretty good which is very important for polish girls and I have a feeling that Glinka will show something...

• Both Poland and Croatia have a better roster, more experience AND home-advantage (certainly in Poland it is a big advantage ! )

• Both Poland and Croatia have a better roster, more experience AND home-advantage (certainly in Poland it is a big advantage ! )

Opposed to this I say that Belgium and Netherlands are the more "hungry" teams. They have many young and motivated players who haven't played in WCH yet, so for them qualifying is very important ^^

• Exactly. They tend to play way better when they play home :rolleyes: It's going to be exciting to see how A youngster like Van Hecke will response to A veteran like Glinka.

• Opposed to this I say that Belgium and Netherlands are the more "hungry" teams. They have many young and motivated players who haven't played in WCH yet, so for them qualifying is very important ^^

Agree on that, but I honestly think only hunger will be not enough.

Btw, Croatia never managed to play at WCH..so, they will be very hungry as well.

P.S. I really hope my prediction regarding Croatia - The Netherlands is wrong :D :D :D

• Agree on that, but I honestly think only hunger will be not enough.

Btw, Croatia never managed to play at WCH..so, they will be very hungry as well.

P.S. I really hope my prediction regarding Croatia - The Netherlands is wrong :D :D :D

Croatia played at WCH 4 years ago with many of the stars but they didn't get a good result (17th place).

We will see during the weekend. I'm pretty much neutral and I hope to see good matches :win:

• Even more interesting than predicting the winners can predicting the lucky losers...I hate this system of qualification because it's really unfair. I have a feeling that unfortunately the lucky losers will not come from pools L and M. In these groups good teams can lose some sets or even a match against the underdogs...

Poland and Belgium have a quite good situation because they probably beat SUI and ESP 3:0...Tie-break would be perfect for them in the last match... ^^

• I think calling Gamze as second setter is a good thing.. Of course it may have something with Barbolini being her coach, but she is young and has to gain some experience so this is a good chance. Naz probably won't be subbed (only in case of injury) so having Assuman doesn't make a difference. Ozge is having good season in Tauron, she should be second but as I said Naz would be a starter so better give some young players chance

• I think Fabris is much better than Popovic and Alajbeg already, she's just a little unstable sometimes. But I definitely expect her in starting six as OPP, her attacking is too strong to be "wasted" in the middle...

I also think Fabris should be starter(OPP)! she's so promising ^^ , definitely better than Popovic.
    my line up:
    Grbac-Fabris
    Topic-Jerkov
    Poljak-Milos
    Malevic

• Azerbaijan NT:

1. Ceyran Əliyeva, 2. Kseniya Kovalenko, 3. Anastasiya Qurbanova, 4. Oksana Parxomenko, 5. Odina Əliyeva, 6. Ayşən Abduləzimova, 7. Yelena Parxomenko, 8. Natəvan Qasımova, 9. Natalya Məmmədova, 10. Yana Ağayeva, 16. Oksana Kiselyova (L), 17. Polina Rəhimova.

• I also wonder about the results of Poland-Belgium and Croatia-Netherland......

If Belgium can play like in last EcH...then Poland-Belgium could be a good challenge . with home-court adv., Poland will seem to advance..

i dont know who can win btw Croatia and Netherlands..both are good teams..

Azerbaijan -Serbia and Bulgaria -Czech R. could be also worth watching..

• Nr. 13 of Estonia is pretty good in attack and also has strong jump serves. The team makes too many lack-of-experience-mistakes but other than that I am really surprised by their performance. They'd need a better setter though...

• yes, one of the 2 sisters Brathutina
    well known by those who follow beach volleyball ;)