2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• i did not get 3rd round part neither :what:

• In the past, the 3rd round always started at the semifinals, for 9th-12th, 5th-8th and 1st-4th.

However, there will only be 6 teams for the final positions (excluding based on group finish in 1st and 2nd rounds).

Also, we forget that the results from the 1st round are included into the 2nd round results. The 3rd round results will be from a clean slate with no results from 1st or 2nd rounds.

Plus with the draw for the 2nd and 3rd positions in each pool, it prevents tanking in the final match of the group to assure a better match for yourself later.

• How many matches will have to play a team to win WCH?

1st round: 5 matches
    2nd round: 6 matches
    3rd round: 2 matches

Semifinal: 1 match

Final: 1 match

Total: 15 matches from September 23 - October 12

Is that not to much? :wacko:

• I think they will play 4 games in second round...they wont play again against the teams of their own group from round one.

• I think they will play 4 games in second round...they wont play again against the teams of their own group from round one.

Well... read this

The top four teams of each pool will advance to the second round (in Bari, Trieste, Verona and Modena), where the 16 teams will be split into two pools of eight (top two of Pool A and B, third and fourth of Pool C and Pool D), with the top three of each pool advancing to the third round.

So, one group of 8 teams will be:

1.1st group A
    2.2nd group A
    3.1st group B
    4.2nd group B
    5.3rd group C
    6.4th groupC
    7.3rd group D
    8.4th group D

They will have to play 6 matches by team... or am I wrong? :?:

• 2nd round Pool E will be best 4 of Pool A and best 4 of Pool D, 2nd round Pool F will be best 4 of Pool B and best 4 of Pool C. That's how it's written on volleyball.it. So in 2nd round, teams will play against the 4 best teams from another preliminary pool.

Here is the official schedule from FIVB: http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…img/WWCH2014_schedule.jpg

Thanks! FIVB press release is so confused.

• i hope philippines will join the qualifications mainly because i want to see what are their current state and what are the things they should imporve on

• 5 matches in the first round

4 matches in the second round (The 4 teams advancing from the 1st round in their pool will play the 4 teams from the other pool)
    The 3 match results from the 1st round (your pool that you played in and the teams that advanced) will count to the results from additional 4 matches in the 2nd round

2 matches in the third round

1 semifinal match (0 matches for the 3rd place teams in Pools G & H)

1 placement match (1st, 3rd, 5th)

Teams will play 5, 9, 12 or 13 matches

Days scheduled in my mind from previous events

First round = 6 days (2 or 3 matches in a row, a day off)

Second round = 2 days break before + 5 days (2 matches, a day off), total of 7 days

Third round = 2 days break + 3 days = 5 days

Semifinals = 1 day break + 1 day = 2 days

Placements = 1 day

Total days needed = 21 days, 3 weeks

• NORCECA Second Round Group J May 11-12, 2013 hosted in Curacao
    Pool Play
    Antigua & Barbuda 1-3 Belize (11-25, 25-18, 17-25, 13-25)
    Curacao 3-0 St. Lucia (25-12, 25-22, 25-19)
    St. Lucia 3-1 Belize (24-26, 25-18, 26-24, 25-17)
    Curacao 3-0 Antigua & Barbuda (25-8, 25-9, 25-9)
    St. Lucia 3-0 Antigua & Barbuda (25-14, 25-18, 25-15)
    Curacao 3-0 Belize (25-11, 25-19, 25-11)

End of Pool Play Ranking (5,4,3,2,1,0 points system)
    1. Curacao, 15 pts
    2. St. Lucia, 9 pts
    3. Belize, 4 pts
    4. Antigua & Barbuda, 1 pt

3RD PLACE
    Belize 3-0 Antigua & Barbuda (25-16, 25-20, 25-18)

1ST PLACE
    Curacao 3-0 St. Lucia 3-0 (25-10, 25-15, 25-11)

TEAMS ADVANCING TO THIRD ROUND
    1. Curacao
    2. St. Lucia

• European Qualification
    Rosters are available: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tion.aspx?ID=674&PID=1270

Olesia Rykhliuk (UK) is there. :dance6:
    Maja Poljak and Senna Usic are there too. Strange... ?( They retired from NT, right? Could CEV share wrong lists? I didn't find anything in Croatia Federation website. :roll:
    Portugal has an opposite 197cm, Joana Polido.:tzz:

• European Qualification
    Rosters are available: http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tion.aspx?ID=674&PID=1270

Olesia Rykhliuk (UK) is there. :dance6:
    Maja Poljak and Senna Usic are there too. Strange... ?( They retired from NT, right? Could CEV share wrong lists? I didn't find anything in Croatia Federation website. :roll:
    Portugal has an opposite 197cm, Joana Polido.:tzz:

It's only "wide roster", CEV made it. Official squad on CEV.lu usually you can check day before game, in match info (for example, not Here), when teams have only 12 persons

If you wanna see real roster earlier, you must search it on other website :huh:

• It's only "wide roster", CEV made it. Official squad on CEV.lu usually you can check day before game, in match info (for example, not Here), when teams have only 12 persons

If you wanna see real roster earlier, you must search it on other website :huh:

Let's wait then! Some Federation websites still didn't announced official rosters.

• Croatia roster for WCH qualies

S: Grbac(Arsizio), Cacic(Mladost)
    OPP: Popović(Muszyna), Alajbeg(Severstal), Fabris(Chieri)
    MB: Miloš(Bologna), Ćutuk(Postdam), Kaleb(Hainaut)
    OH: Senna Usic- Jogunica(Eczacibasi), Klaric(Volero), Kovacic(Aachen), Vanjak(Wiesbaden)
    L: Malevic(Amiens), Bozicevic(Mladost)

• Croatia roster for WCH qualies

S: Grbac(Arsizio), Cacic(Mladost)
    OPP: Popović(Muszyna), Alajbeg(Severstal), Fabris(Chieri)
    MB: Miloš(Bologna), Ćutuk(Postdam), Kaleb(Hainaut)
    OH: Senna Usic- Jogunica(Eczacibasi), Klaric(Volero), Kovacic(Aachen), Vanjak(Wiesbaden)
    L: Malevic(Amiens), Bozicevic(Mladost)

Kovacic played a terrible season in Aachen, even her coach said in an interview that the only chance she has to score in attack is block-out and opponents will adapt to that quickly, and Ivana Vanjak played in Wiesbaden's 3rd league team and is a bench player in Croatia Junior NT :aww: Maybe the plan is to let her play with Senior NT so she'll stick to playing for Croatia even though she lives and plays in Germany and also has German citizenship, just in case she'll become a good player once :roll: