2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• If Croatia and Ukraine only had stable NT's they could definitely be amongst Europe's best! It's very unfortunate.

• Probably Alajbeg is on team.

What a panic, they can lose with FYR, Montenegro or Bosna without all best players!!!! World Championship 2014 without Croatia! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chill out people, it's only 1st round elimination, they can easy win this group without Popovic, Grbac, Usic, Kaleb, Milos, Klaric, Fabris, Malevic too... :whistle:

Montenegro can cry, because they don't have Bokan, who can play (only her) on quite good level.

• Montenegro also seems to be without Ksenija Ivanovic who plays very well in German league, her club wrote yesterday that she would return to them today, so she can hardly play WCH qualifier at the same time...

• Croatia will win hands down, but it isn't the problem. The problem is team work. If players appear only to play important matches their teams can't have team work. It's like Grand Prix. I don't want to say that Grand Prix isn't important, but more important than win this tournament is what you gain preparing to this tournament: weeks of training, players knowing each other, playing together, etc. The last two finalists of the last two Olympic Games often send their full roster to play these championships. Brazil needn't send Sheilla, Thaisa, Fabiana to win South American Championship, but they go. Win isn't the question: the most important thing is gain team work and other stuffs that you obtain only trainig and playing together.

• It's a shame as Croatia NT was growing up in the late '90s. Everyone hoped that she would become one of the best forces in Europe and then had all the problems with the federation, have lost a great generation. :wall:

• well south anerican champs does not benefit the seniors players of brazil at all except players like gabi and for teamwork they have grand proix and pan am tournaments to do that

• Some months ago, I watched an interview with Zé Roberto Guimarães about Pequim olympic cycle. He said that he and Brazil NT staff had an ideal number of matches to prepare Brazil to Olympic Games. With this number of matches Brazil NT could reach a good form and a real team work. Official matches weren't enough and they started to do a lot of friendly matches to fulfil it. You are right when you say that South American Championship don't benefit brazilian players, but isn't it. The thing is training and playing together. This benefit the team. You can't only play hard matches. Sometimes aren't available, but you need do that. I think that what Zé Roberto Guimarães said is the very truth. Some matches are really boring and uninteresting, but you need them. It's life. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. :win:

• yes playing together helps strengthen team work but it does not mean that they should play every tournament 8)

• Sanja Popovic playing as MB for Croatia.. :aww: hehehehehe

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=25491

No she doesn't ;) Samanta Fabris played as MB, but that is not so strange because actually this is her original position, some years ago I watched a CEV Cup match of Rijeka when she played there and she played as MB, but stayed in backrow and Opp went out for the libero and Fabris attacked from backrow.

But actually, I remember a match of Perugia in Top Volley Tournament some years ago where Sanja Popovic indeed played as MB because Perugia had only 2 and one of them got injured :D And she wasn't even bad...

• No she doesn't ;) Samanta Fabris played as MB, but that is not so strange because actually this is her original position, some years ago I watched a CEV Cup match of Rijeka when she played there and she played as MB, but stayed in backrow and Opp went out for the libero and Fabris attacked from backrow.

But actually, I remember a match of Perugia in Top Volley Tournament some years ago where Sanja Popovic indeed played as MB because Perugia had only 2 and one of them got injured :D And she wasn't even bad...

I think MB-Opp is the easiest position transition for players although general trend to convert from MB to Opp :whistle: (Francia, Carillo, Ana Ibis, Skowronska, Fabris) Among players who convert from Opp to MB, I only know Veljkoviç ?(

• I think MB-Opp is the easiest position transition for players although general trend to convert from MB to Opp :whistle: (Francia, Carillo, Ana Ibis, Skowronska, Fabris) Among players who convert from Opp to MB, I only know Veljkoviç ?(

It's hard to imagine, but Kathy Radzuweit played as Opp in Junior age :lol:

and Alajbeg played as OH 8o

Which also is her original position ;) When she first played NT in 2008 she played as OH and also when she played in Spanish league, I think the first time as Opp for her was in Volero.

• It's hard to imagine, but Kathy Radzuweit played as Opp in Junior age :lol:

Which also is her original position ;) When she first played NT in 2008 she played as OH and also when she played in Spanish league, I think the first time as Opp for her was in Volero.

She is so terrible at reception that it is easy to expect her to be an Opp originated OH :lol:

Matthias did you hear anything about Jolien Wittock, I remember she played Prostejov a few years ago and then in Serie A2. Last year I heard she got a severe injury but do not know about her current shape, she was one of the biggest prospect of 1990-91 generation at junior level tournaments but still she did not appear on international stage, neither in club nor NT level ?( Also it is weird that Lis van Hecke is out of roster of Belgium :what:

• No she doesn't ;) Samanta Fabris played as MB, but that is not so strange because actually this is her original position, some years ago I watched a CEV Cup match of Rijeka when she played there and she played as MB, but stayed in backrow and Opp went out for the libero and Fabris attacked from backrow.

True! My bad.. :aww:

Yeah..I remember Sanja improvised as MB as well, that is why I assumed it was her when I saw Usic, herself, Fabris and Alajbeg in the roster..hehehehe

• Matthias did you hear anything about Jolien Wittock, I remember she played Prostejov a few years ago and then in Serie A2. Last year I heard she got a severe injury but do not know about her current shape, she was one of the biggest prospect of 1990-91 generation at junior level tournaments but still she did not appear on international stage, neither in club nor NT level ?( Also it is weird that Lis van Hecke is out of roster of Belgium :what:

No, I haven't heard anything else apart from what you wrote about Wittock...

About Van Hecke, I don't expect her in starting six for Belgium but she should be on the team. Maybe some injury, I don't know...

• Stefana played OPP? :lol: How did she manage it? her type doesn't look good to play OPP and fits better at MB position.

• No, I haven't heard anything else apart from what you wrote about Wittock...

About Van Hecke, I don't expect her in starting six for Belgium but she should be on the team. Maybe some injury, I don't know...

Do you think helene rousseux is better than her :what:

• @ serdar

Jolien Wittock is still recovering from a severe shoulder-injury...meanwhile she plays for the Belgian club Asterix Kieldrecht (after playing for Protesjov and in Italian Serie A2)

Lise van Hecke didn't play in the friendlies against Dutch NT two weeks ago, because of a little injury...precaution.