2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Stefana played OPP? :lol: How did she manage it? her type doesn't look good to play OPP and fits better at MB position.

Yes as far as i remember shs was the opp of junior nt in world championship

• Honestly yes. Van Hecke never really convinced me in Urbino, she often scored many points, but mostly because she attacked 70 balls every match. She'll probably be better than Rousseaux soon, but for now, I'd prefer Rousseaux.

Rousseaux and van Hecke are almost the same age; only one year difference.

I tend to agree with Matthias, at least stating van Hecke never impressed me.

About Rousseaux: I only remember her when she was substitute-player in Volero.. I didn't see her play last seasons in Poland actually..

I would recommend her to leave Muszyna...as long as Serwinski is headcoach, no young player will develop...

• Right :what: For some reason I thought Rousseaux was 4-5 years older than Van Hecke...in this case, I'd even more go with Rousseaux.

I also haven't seen too much of her lately, but whenever she played she did really good and I thought she should play more...

I guess this summer in EL we'll get to see more of both players, so it will be easier to compare them.

• Right :what: For some reason I thought Rousseaux was 4-5 years older than Van Hecke...in this case, I'd even more go with Rousseaux.

I also haven't seen too much of her lately, but whenever she played she did really good and I thought she should play more...

I guess this summer in EL we'll get to see more of both players, so it will be easier to compare them.

I just checked....Rousseaux was born 09-1991, van Hecke was born 07-1992....so only 10 months difference

• nice for you :drink:

• Slovakia almost lost to Austria :what: They lost the first two sets and were behind all the time in 3rd set but could win it 25:23 and eventually won 3:2. 3rd set lasted over 45 minutes, there must have been some interruption there...which might have cost Austria the match :huh:

• It seems like Slovakia's young players save their as :whistle: Also I just noticed that Diannoa Ojo is not in Austria's roster, she was the only prospect who took my attention a few years ago :huh:

• It seems like Slovakia's young players save their as :whistle: Also I just noticed that Diannoa Ojo is not in Austria's roster, she was the only prospect who took my attention a few years ago :huh:

Ojo's time is long over, I'm not sure if she's still playing at all...she was the Austrian Hippe :S

EDIT: I just found out that she ended her career in 2012 because of an eye disease, but even in the years before she wasn't a really good player anymore...

• Slovakia almost lost to Austria :what: They lost the first two sets and were behind all the time in 3rd set but could win it 25:23 and eventually won 3:2. 3rd set lasted over 45 minutes, there must have been some interruption there...which might have cost Austria the match :huh:

Update: according to Austrian federation, in 3rd set at 14-9 for Austria, the light in the hall went out, and they are convinced that it was NOT a technical problem but a tactical action to disturb the match. Austrian federation will officially protest against the match result because of this...

• I think MB-Opp is the easiest position transition for players although general trend to convert from MB to Opp :whistle: (Francia, Carillo, Ana Ibis, Skowronska, Fabris) Among players who convert from Opp to MB, I only know Veljkoviç ?(

In Asia (female):
    China:(from MB to OPP) Li Shan, Zhang Lei and so on
    (from OPP to MB) Zhao Ruirui and so on (Jiang Qianwen, from former U20 China NT)
    Japan:(from MB to OPP) Yamaguchi Mai
    Korea:(from MB to OPP) Kim Hee-jin, Kim Hye-jin and so forth
    (from OPP to MB) Jung Dae-young

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• In Asia (female):
    China:(from MB to OPP) Li Shan, Zhang Lei and so on
    (from OPP to MB) Zhao Ruirui and so on (Jiang Qianwen, from former U20 China NT)
    Japan:(from MB to OPP) Yamaguchi Mai
    Korea:(from MB to OPP) Kim Hee-jin, Kim Hye-jin and so forth
    (from OPP to MB) Jung Dae-young

In V-league Yamaguchi is playing both as OPP and MB :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• How do Pairs look in the Euro qual 2nd round in Women and Men?

For the Women it is all one group (5 matches, 6 teams, top 3 advancing to Third Round)
    Greece
    Hungary
    Israel
    Latvia
    Montenegro
    Switzerland

For the Men it is all one group (5 matches, 6 teams, top 3 advancing to Third Round)
    Belarus
    Israel
    Netherlands
    Romania
    Sweden
    Ukraine