2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• hmm, Parisi´s contract finished on 31.12.2013 (they only make agreemnet with him for this quali) and somehow I think they maybe will not renove it :whistle: still think it was H&H work he became coach of NT

No, I don't think they will renew the contract either...otherwise he wouldn't have made that ridiculous roster :whistle: Btw, do you know who the blonde lady that translates everything for the players? I think she's an assistant or something, maybe ex czech NT player.

• what a pain...my big passion - volleyball- give me pain ;(
    but we don`t deserve to win with Belgium team, because in every season we have almost new coach and new players, we need stable team.
    i`m really sorry for our girls, and I hope that Kasia will not end her nt career yet. For sure we need to make our nt younger, it`t time to give chance to Grejman, Kurnikowska, Wójcik, Kakolewska, even Smarzek , Damaske and Grzelak, from current team I would like to see Skowronska , Werblinska, Wołosz and Tokarska, I think that it was last match Glinka in nt ;(

• No, I don't think they will renew the contract either...otherwise he wouldn't have made that ridiculous roster :whistle: Btw, do you know who the blonde lady that translates everything for the players? I think she's an assistant or something, maybe ex czech NT player.

you mean Marcela Ritschelova, she was/is his assistant? ex MB, she played for years in Italy :)

but we don`t deserve to win with Belgium team, because in every season we have almost new coach and new players, we need stable team.
    i`m really sorry for our girls, and I hope that Kasia will not end her nt career yet. For sure we need to make our nt younger, it`t time to give chance to Grejman, Kurnikowska, Wójcik, Kakolewska, even Smarzek , Damaske and Grzelak, from current team I would like to see Skowronska , Werblinska, Wołosz and Tokarska, I think that it was last match Glinka in nt ;(

Werblinska, are you crazy? :white: 30 yo with many injuries who doesnt want to play with pain like Kasia in NT and is choosing some tournaments in which she plays..please no, NT should get rid of these kind of players ...

Setters - Skorupa, Wolosz, Gajewska
    Opps - Skowronska, Zaroslinska, Kaliszuk, Smarzek
    MBs - Bednarek-Kasza, Tokarska, Martalek, Lukasik, Kakolewska
    OHs - Werblinska, Kurnikowska, Grejman, Damaske, Wojcik
    Liberos - Sawicka, Medynska

I think Poland needs to make a long-term process with this roster. I know some of them tend to refuse playing for NT but it's also the coach's job...convincing good players.

• you mean Marcela Ritschelova, she was/is his assistant? ex MB, she played for years in Italy :)

Yeah that's her thanks. I think she looks a bit alike Svetlana Ilic btw :D

• Yeah that's her thanks. I think she looks a bit alike Svetlana Ilic btw :D

for me as mixture of Kirillova (hair and shape of head) and Nikolic (face ) :D

• Quoted from "Emil"

Yeah that's her thanks. I think she looks a bit alike Svetlana Ilic btw
    for me as mixture of Kirillova (hair and shape of head) and Nikolic (face )

Also Dobriana Rabadzhieva and Frauke Dirickx :D I'm so sorry for Czech girls...

• about the naturalized players:

i thought there's a limit of one player per NT?

also the player cannot have played for another NT previously. so i assume costagrande and sorokaite never played for argentina and lithuania? obmochaeva never played for ukraine?

now i hear some cubans are naturalized, so it's interesting to see if they'll play for their new countries (calderon for russia or sanchez for kazakhstan?).

i am not opposed for athletes changing countries IF it's a real change. so aghaieva, from her name, i assume she's married to an azeri, so that's not a fake naturalization. the worse are countries like bahrain and qatar in other sports, like athletics, football, etc. they have bought dozens of foreign athletes, none of which live there or speak the language. they adopt arab names that they can't even pronounce!!!.

• ok, now that this is all settled, who are the world's best players that will not be at the WCh?

kim YK
    montano
    skrowonska

anyone else?

There are some more. They not may be the best players you'd like to add but still good players.

Malgorzata Glinka(Poland), Christina Bauer (France), Daiana Mursean (Romania), Havelkova&Havlickova (C&R) some other guys can name more.

• ok, now that this is all settled, who are the world's best players that will not be at the WCh?

kim YK
    montano
    skrowonska

anyone else?

Havlickova & Havelkova (Czech Republic), Bauer (France)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Iza Belcik :thumbup: :P

Though yesterday she was under any level :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• i am not opposed for athletes changing countries IF it's a real change. so aghaieva, from her name, i assume she's married to an azeri, so that's not a fake naturalization. the worse are countries like bahrain and qatar in other sports, like athletics, football, etc. they have bought dozens of foreign athletes, none of which live there or speak the language. they adopt arab names that they can't even pronounce!!!.

All naturalized Azeri players get a new surname, Mammadova and Rahimova did too. I guess it's a rule of some kind. Of course, Aghayeva in particular might be married, I don't know that.

Obmochaeva did play for Ukraine, so Russia cannot have a new naturalized player as long as she's on the team.

The limit is one naturalized player who has already played on another NT before in senior competition. You can have a team full of naturalized players if they have never represented their country of birth on international level.

• thank you, joana, i did not know mammadova and rahimova were not azerbaijani. where are they from?

aghayeva, i just assumed from the hyphenated name that she was married, but i don't know that. i should not assume. sorry if that's incorrect.

also in athletics, lately turkey has been "buying" lots of foreign athletes (kenyans, for example), like qatar & bahrain, i guess they just have not done it in volleyball yet.

• you mean Marcela Ritschelova, she was/is his assistant? ex MB, she played for years in Italy :)

I suppose you mean Lucie Václavíková. She is former Czechoslovakia NT player. She won silver medal on 1993 European Championships with the MVP award :P . Ritschelova is no longer an assistent.

• The limit is one naturalized player who has already played on another NT before in senior competition. You can have a team full of naturalized players if they have never represented their country of birth on international level.

Israel is also another example of the country which consist of many players with different roots however, they all can play in Israel NT since none of them was good enough to play in their own NT before. :whistle: