2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Day 3 Group A Asian Qualifying
    Thailand 3-0 Chinese Taipei (25-18, 25-9, 25-11)
    Vietnam 3-1 Australia (25-8, 25-14, 23-25, 25-16)

Standings
    1. Thailand, 6 points, 2 matches played, 6-0 sets won-lost, 150-87 points won-lost
    2. Japan, 6 points, 2 matches played, 6-0 sets won-lost, 150-89 points won-lost
    3. Vietnam, 3 points, 2 matches played, 3-4 sets won-lost, 143-138 points won-lost
    4. Chinese Taipei, 3 points, 3 matches played, 3-6 sets won-lost, 157-206 points won-lost
    5. Australia, 0 points, 3 matches played, 1-9 sets won-lost, 168-248 points won-lost

• I watched some part of the matches and no way Chinese Taipei, Australia (aside Rourke) and Vietnam will get it or at least a set. Thailand and Japan are way better.

To complete the information, Asian Championship qualifies the winner to 2013 FIVB Grand Champions Cup, top two plus China and Japan to 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix and best 8 to 2014 AVC Cup.

• I hope that Vietnam can win Thailand if possible.

Of course,

Vietnam can wait because Thailand is older.

Thailand's young players can be seen: the 7th place of Asian Club Championship 2013.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Day 4 Group A Asian Qualifying
    Thailand 3-0 Vietnam (25-17, 25-12, 25-18)
    Japan 3-0 Australia (25-12, 25-15, 25-11)

Standings
    1. Japan, 9 points, 3 matches played, 9-0 sets won-lost, 225-127 points won-lost
    2. Thailand, 9 points, 3 matches played, 9-0 sets won-lost, 225-134 points won-lost
    -----Top 2 Teams Advance to the 2014 World Championships-----
    3. Vietnam, 3 points, 3 matches played, 3-7 sets won-lost, 190-213 points won-lost
    4. Chinese Taipei, 3 points, 3 matches played, 3-6 sets won-lost, 157-206 points won-lost
    5. Australia, 0 points, 4 matches played, 1-12 sets won-lost, 206-323 points won-lost

• in pool b it will surely be china and south korea oh how easily predictable this qualifying tournament is :rolll:

• in pool b it will surely be china and south korea oh how easily predictable this qualifying tournament is :rolll:

Exactly :D Japan, China, Korea and Thailand are definitely Asian Top 4, just behind them are Kazakhstan with Chinese Taipei. Rest is easy to beat :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Exactly :D Japan, China, Korea and Thailand are definitely Asian Top 4, just behind them are Kazakhstan with Chinese Taipei. Rest is easy to beat :teach:

Something changes- Vietnam beat Taipei 3-0 17, 10 !, 21.

• Something changes- Vietnam beat Taipei 3-0 17, 10 !, 21.

Vietnam can win Korea without Kim yeon-koung in 2012 Asian Cup.

Why can't change some old views?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• why is australia so bad????

and it's such a sad commentary on the region that no teams are entered from west asia. well, israel would have entered one if not for politics.

Australia is a great sporting country and women there have the opportunity to play many different types of sports. The population of Australia is still relatively small when compared to that of other countries in the region. If women are playing other sports, then there are just fewer women available for voilleyball.

The Australian Volleyball League (for Women) is only played over 3 weekends (in 2012 after looking at the Volleyball Victoria website). Need more matches to improve play.

• Day 5 Group A Asian Qualifying
    Vietnam 3-0 Chinese Taipei (25-17, 25-10, 25-21)
    Japan 3-0 Thailand (25-23, 25-21, 25-10)

Final Standings
    1. Japan, 12 points, 12-0 sets won-lost, 300-181 points won-lost
    2. Thailand, 9 points, 9-3 sets won-lost, 279-209 points won-lost
    -----Top 2 Teams Advance to the 2014 World Championships-----
    3. Vietnam, 6 points, 6-7 sets won-lost, 265-261 points won-lost
    4. Chinese Taipei, 3 points, 3-9 sets won-lost, 205-281 points won-lost
    5. Australia, 0 points, 1-12 sets won-lost, 206-343 points won-lost

• As we all know, CSV grants two spots for the World Championship.

South American Championship (16-22 September) only qualifies one.
    The competition features 6 teams (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela). The winner grabs the first spot and 6th is eliminated.

The other 4 teams will contest from 18 to 20 October in the World Championship Qualification Tournament in San Juan, Argentina. The best team also goes to Italy.

The competition features 6 teams (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela). The winner grabs the first spot and 6th is eliminated.

The other 4 teams will contest from 18 to 20 October in the World Championship Qualification Tournament in San Juan, Argentina. The best team also goes to Italy.

:what: Why making two tournaments? :down: It will be the same teams apart Brazil (as we all know), the players will have to gave up all clubs prepration again for another tounrmanet in October..makes no sense. :aww:

Weird...its this different to men's classification? Because South American Championship gave Brazil and Argentina the spots for the World Championship, if I am not mistaken.

• Weird...its this different to men's classification? Because South American Championship gave Brazil and Argentina the spots for the World Championship, if I am not mistaken.

I guess by FIVB rules, each region can nominate their champion to the World Championships, but with there still being 1 slot to fill, it does seem strange to have a second tournament. You just played a round robin for the Confederation Championship, why not save the
    national federations money. Or they figure we only have the qualifiers once every 4 years, so we will always have them. Same as the Olympic qualifiers.

• :what: Why making two tournaments? :down: It will be the same teams apart Brazil (as we all know), the players will have to gave up all clubs prepration again for another tounrmanet in October..makes no sense. :aww:

I was wondering the same thing during the men's competition. Then, I notice all confederations will organize a qualification tournament what is a sign that there's a general regulation on matter of this. I visited FIVB's website to find it out and, if I'm not wrong, each confederation should create a qualification tournament for at least 1 spot and including 4 teams. They can't use the continental championship or the ranking to secure all spots.
    I guess it's a good decision use the continental championship to qualify all teams possible. Otherwise, players should come back to play the qualification tournament during club season. Moreover, the continental champion will already play Grand Champions Cup. I think they did what they were able to do. CSV qualified all teams possible using the South American Championship and only is going to use the qualification tournament for 1 spot. Brazil and Argentina won't be obliged to play it in the men's case and the winner of the women's continental championship too.

• Weird...its this different to men's classification? Because South American Championship gave Brazil and Argentina the spots for the World Championship, if I am not mistaken.

There are 3 spots for men and 2 for women. It's why men's competition qualified already 2 teams while women's competition will only qualify one. There's still a qualification tournament for both men and women to the last spot.

• Polish commentators said yesterday, that World Championships 2014 will be played before World Grand Prix 2014. I heard about it for the first time, is it any confirm about this info?

It's a mistake. World Championship will be in September/October, and next to the tournament will be club season. Clubs don't agree with much longer national teams' season :teach:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• It's a mistake. World Championship will be in September/October, and next to the tournament will be club season. Clubs don't agree with much longer national teams' season :teach:

Yes, but Polish commentator said, that WCH will be held in June/July and WGP in August/September, no that WGP will be in October or November. I really don't know where he got this news, but it's hard to find dates of this WCH.