2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• It's exactly the same formula as in male's WCH schedule shows it clearly :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Russia's starting six roster against Thailand:

Setter: Startseva,

Opposite Hitter: Gamova-Mukasey,

Outside Hitter: Obmochaeva, Kosheleva,

Middle Blocker: Fetisova, Moroz,

Libero: Kryuchkova / Malova

Beside the three attackers mentioned above, the two middle blockers did
    give us an impressive performance especially with Fetisova’s block. She
    delivered 4 kill block throughout the match (Total 12 for the team).
    Regina Moroz who is a new comer of the team was able to score with
    spectacular quick attack, total 7 points in the attack. It is
    speculated that the result may be attributed by the chemistry among
    Startseva, Gamova and Moroz who are playing in the same club, Kazan.

http://www.russiavolley.com/56…e-1st-victory-in-the-wch/

My thoughts: I said before Fetisova would earn her spot as starting MB and she is placed within same rotation as Obmochaeva, Gamova so her lack of attack isn't really a problem. Startseva will be main setter for this team, and reception continues to improve go Russia :box:

• Really important match for germany today,if they lose argentina as they did in grand prix before that means they r probably out of the tournament :white: if guidetti does use the same way as he did against dominic i dont want to see what argentina does :wall:

Btw congrats to belgium they seemed good and hope they will do better things against china and japan :super:

• what is a random chance? its basically the fact that in a knockout phase a weaker team or player can overachieve while a superior one gets upset (ex. federer,nadal losing in 2nd round of a us open, tiger woods finishing only 8th in a golf tournament etc.) its one of the reasons why for example a team who won a medal will suddenly play mediocre in the next 2-3 years *cough germany cough*

• I have never thought germany as a weak team.they have quality but they have also so much problem in their games and mental case.And just hope they will have a clear win today cause they really have to do it

• Gabi digging with her foot a'la Fabi in London! :obey:

• Where can we see the old livescore? I need that so bad. I'm not sure If I'm right, Russia with only 2 blockers...Malykh in, so Podskalnaya must be out today.

• Ebata to finish the 1st :wavy:

• Where can we see the old livescore? I need that so bad. I'm not sure If I'm right, Russia with only 2 blockers...Malykh in, so Podskalnaya must be out today.

oops sorry, i got what you meant now. yeah Russia seems to have 2 blockers on roster today.

• Mexico's #5 has got such an outstanding arm-swing...

Startseva is...as expected too boring :huh:

• Startseva is...as expected too boring :huh:

She started the season with the NT pretty badly, but I thought she'll get better later on. I was wrong. Now I miss Matienko.. (and not just because of her crazy haircut) :white:

• I think the only reason Startseva playing as starter is there is Gamova aside her...I miss last year's Russian team. There was no such a big star like Gamova in the team but showed a lot of outstanding performances and now I see the typical high and slow russian volleyball again.

• Mexico is playing way better than I expected... Russia will win the match for sure but they should be aware of the fact that they still have a lot of tasks to solve... with this shape, they no way can beat Brazil. Fortunately with Pasynkova in stead of Goncha, the reception started to come up better.