2014 FIVB Club World Championship - Switzerland - 5/7

• Host - Volero Zurich SUI
    • AVC Champion -
    • CSV Champion -
    • CEV Champion -
    • Wild Card -
    • Wild Card -

• Is this official?!?! 4 european teams?! What a great WORLD championship, right?

• well nobody will miss that anoying Kenya team thats for sure :lol:

I will, so don't write like you know everyone's opinion. I like spirited teams like Kenya and players who really enjoy playing volleyball, fight for every ball and get all excited when they actually make a point. They are not professional players, they all work as guards in prisons, but they play because it's their passion. I happened to make an interview with David Lungaho at the last tournament and he could tell you a lot of interesting things about volleyball, training and reality in Africa. Well, interesting for someone who doesn't like to watch the same things (teams) over and over and over again.
    And since the tournament is called WORLD championships, why is FIVB excluding other continents? Their level is too low? Really? As if the Champions League FF was so great :rolleyes: I'd love to see Vakif in Zurich one more time, but for heaven's sake - let's have some DIVERSITY.

• FIVB has deleted tweet about Rabita and Vakifbank so probably or They know They will play but will wait to AVC Champion or They won't play.

• I will, so don't write like you know everyone's opinion. I like spirited teams like Kenya and players who really enjoy playing volleyball, fight for every ball and get all excited when they actually make a point. They are not professional players, they all work as guards in prisons, but they play because it's their passion. I happened to make an interview with David Lungaho at the last tournament and he could tell you a lot of interesting things about volleyball, training and reality in Africa. Well, interesting for someone who doesn't like to watch the same things (teams) over and over and over again.
    And since the tournament is called WORLD championships, why is FIVB excluding other continents? Their level is too low? Really? As if the Champions League FF was so great :rolleyes: I'd love to see Vakif in Zurich one more time, but for heaven's sake - let's have some DIVERSITY.

I must say I have the same opinion.... :drink:

• I must say I have the same opinion.... :drink:

I will, so don't write like you know everyone's opinion. I like spirited teams like Kenya and players who really enjoy playing volleyball, fight for every ball and get all excited when they actually make a point. They are not professional players, they all work as guards in prisons, but they play because it's their passion. I happened to make an interview with David Lungaho at the last tournament and he could tell you a lot of interesting things about volleyball, training and reality in Africa. Well, interesting for someone who doesn't like to watch the same things (teams) over and over and over again.

well said!! :thumbup:

• diversity really ? more like pointless torture, did they actually take any set from any team cause i don't remember :whistle: this is pro league and pro cup end of story. if you are so into amateur teams go to Kenya and watch them play in prison

• diversity really ? more like pointless torture, did they actually take any set from any team cause i don't remember :whistle: this is pro league and pro cup end of story. if you are so into amateur teams go to Kenya and watch them play in prison

While I agree with the essence of your message you could work on the delivery :)

But the point is correct. While I am totally open to having global diversity at world competitions like WCH and the new Grand Prix system I think will be good to help develop countries whose level is lower, the Club WCH is a tournament of professional clubs and athletes which clearly the teams from Africa aren't. While I am sure it's an awesome experience for the athletes, I think the inclusion of amateur teams on the basis that the tournament wants diversity lowers the prestige and quality of the tournament. Even this past season, the team representing the USA was by no means a professional team. It was a mix of amateur and a few professional athletes on a team that was thrown together and they clearly weren't on the same level as the other teams. I'd rather see the tournament include more teams from Asia, Europe and Brazil and have less diversity but higher quality. It should be like a global CL.

• What about the second wild card?! I had some backstage information that for male's championship many teams (including teams from Brazil and Europe) refused the wild card because of the exhausting season.

• And still FIVB cant make it done the tournament in the right way....unless FIVB get ithe right vibe with leagues all over the world...or the WCH will continue being a joke.

two weeks from the tournament..and no info about second wild card.

Vakifbank would be the right choice...but they are in turkish final and will have no time to prepare for the tournament....

African Clubc Championship still happening..maybe they could call them....but again..

FIVB FIVB.... :aww:

• Group A
    Volero Zurich (Switzerland)
    Sesi-SP (Brazil)
    Wild card #2

Group B
    Dinamo Kazan (Russia)
    Hisamitsu Springs (Japan)
    Molico/Osasco (Brazil)

8 days untill the tournament starts and the wild card has not been decided yet... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

• They should invite Chemik. Polish champion wanted to transfer Thaisa, so for sure they can afford making 'small' contribution to the FIVB. :rolleyes:

• According to the website "Saque Viagem", Vakifbank refused the FIVB invitation for the Club World Championship.

"O atual campeão VakifBank-TUR não aceitou o convite feito pela Federação" ..."the last champion Vakifbank from turkey refused the invitation from FIVB"

http://www.saqueviagem.com.br/…talhe.php?idPost=13692267