2014 FIVB Club World Championship - Switzerland - 5/7

• holy krap, now watching osasco vs. volero, and that kenia is still trash -- she just blocked adenizia and pointed her finger at her and screamed at her. what a cow! and the refs didn't do anything???????

i guess she still hates the brazilians. in the match against SESI, she screamed at fabiana, but in the next point, fabiana blocked the ugly cow straight down.

• i think malygina cant be 202cm..look at Olya Biryukova (number3) she and Malygine must have a close height and Biryukova is 193 cm.......bcz when Gamova and Thaisa come together.. one can see that there's not a big height difference btw them..however Gamova may be taller than 202cm....maybe 205cm etc..

i disagree, if you look at the pic, malygina is clearly taller than biryukova. you can see also melnikova (same height as biryukova) is next to malygina and malygina is much taller than melnikova.

• ok, i'm late but just finished the SESI-volero match.

i take back some of what i said about suelen, she's a very good libero but really, wouldn't she be even faster and agile if she were half the size she is now?

hate, hate kenia -- has she not learned any class or manners all these years? she screamed at adenizia (against osasco), she screamed at fabiana after she made a good kill or block. what if the brazilians would retaliate against her? she's so low-class. ok, she can be a big hitter (but also inconsistent) but she is not a great passer or defender. what's she so uppity about? and is her name carcaces or carcases? i still see both names around.

very impressed with ninkovic. i still remember at the GCC finals last year how she blocked thaissa twice in a row, just shut her up. i think ninkovic should start for serbia soon as MB.

wow, what a mess by the first referee in some crucial moments ,and did you guys see suelle oliveira curse him after t he match was over? so funny. and poor volero players screaming at the 2nd ref. at the last point because they thought courtney got a dig and the ball didn't hit the ground. dramatic!!!!

• well, to me in that picture, malygina is clearly taller than biryukova, melnikova and malkova, and clearly gamova is much taller than malygina. the question is, by how much and that we can't say from a pic. maybe malygina is shorter than 202 cm but i still think gamova is prob. taller than the listed 202.

ohmygoodness, who's the hot guy here:

http://www.fivb.org/visasp/GetPhoto.aspx?type=press&no=45651

That is Volero's owner or president.. something like that

• I don't agree on Kenia. I am always against such behavior but in this case I don't think it was for nothing.. Adenizia always provokes other players, she screams at their faces, flies around the court... so someone had to show her where her place is. As for Fabiana I did not see that, but you know there is always that Cuba-Brazil rivally..

• I don't agree on Kenia. I am always against such behavior but in this case I don't think it was for nothing.. Adenizia always provokes other players, she screams at their faces, flies around the court... so someone had to show her where her place is. As for Fabiana I did not see that, but you know there is always that Cuba-Brazil rivally..

from what i have seen, ade is very loud and intense in her celebrations (you can see her screaming at her own teammates too -- for example, when she was hitting from the outside and then had to run back to block in the middle, but cate bosetti seemed to be confused and didn't block) but she doesn't stare across the net, point a finger and scream at her opponents (or at least i have never seen her do that), which kenia did after blocking fabiana and adenizia. ade was also on the ground, and cate bosetti protested to the ref, and all that happened was she (bosetti) or her team got a yellow card for complaining but not kenia.

the incident with fabiana was the 2nd point of their match, you can watch it on laola tv.

• how tall is maria popova frolova? her stats are not listed in any website… she's quite good for her height, she's like one of the japanese players like oumi and shinnabe, they hit well even through they are short.

According to club's webiste Popova is 180 cm tall. There Malygina is 200, while Biryukova is 194 cm tall ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• really? she looks shorter to me. very impressed with her, even in a team with gamova, larson, voronkova and del core, she is very effective and make good contribution (when she's on court, she's more productive than even bosetti and gabi, it seems).

• just saying that in that match, she was holding her own against much more famous players , like del core, bosetti and sanja. look, i never heard of her (frolova) and was very impressed, never heard of a lot of these players that don't play for their NTs like melnikova, malkova, voronkova, moroz, nor suelle, gabi, dayse or lia.

• just saying that in that match, she was holding her own against much more famous players , like del core, bosetti and sanja. look, i never heard of her (frolova) and was very impressed, never heard of a lot of these players that don't play for their NTs like melnikova, malkova, voronkova, moroz, nor suelle, gabi, dayse or lia.

Yes, I did like seeing Frolova play and scoring well in matches. I think she looks adorable like a little doll with her bob :heart: