Montreux Volleymasters 2014

• Extended rosters of all teams are available on the tournament website.

USA is the main favourite for the tournament because they have many experienced players in the roster. Germany also with the best team, only Hanke, Ssuschke and Izquierdo are not there, in DOM De La Cruz is missing but other than that they have everyone there as well, other teams with a mix of experienced and new players.

I'd put Brazil and USA as favorites. :teach:

• oops, sorry, it's lisvel, not lisbeth.

do we know the rosters for US, china, japan and brazil?

I went to the website and saw they had rosters for all teams. Japan is bringing a mix of new and experienced players but they are all relatively young, China has Zhu Ting and their other main roster members from last year, USA I'm glad to see Kelsey Robinson on the roster (jersey #10, same as larson; coincidence? ;) ) as well as some older players such as Alisha and Kristin (I'm surprised to see Ebony Nwanebu who just turned 19 this year), finally Brazil has Dani Lins, Jaqué (finally!), Natalia, Tandara, etc. as well as some upcoming players like Dayse and Suelle but no Fabiana, Thaisa, or Sheila :(

• Brazil is favourite other teams have similar quality.Germany with its best roster has big advantage,i think they will be the first of their group just japan could be dangerous for them as always.
    I also wonder what russia can do with young players 8)

• Though the roster has been updated, it is still given on Chinese NT:

S - Yao Di, Ding Xia
    OP - Zeng Chun-lei, Yang Fang-xu
    OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
    MB - Yang Jun-jing, Xu Yun-li, Yang Zhou
    L - Chen Zhan, Shan Dan-na

Yuan Xin-yue (MB) can't get the chance to Montreux as the 14th person.
    The opposite hitter must receive the ball.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Hope to see Ding Xia, Yang Fang-xu, Li Jing and Yang Zhou play their best, whose positions were weaknesses of China team with previous players. Yuan Xin-yue must work hard home to catch up and become a secret weapon on WCH.

• Germany with its best roster has big advantage,i think they will be the first of their group

You forgot USA? :win:

• I think Brazil will win it easily. My guess for the final 12 players of Brazilian NT is:
    Setters: Fabíola and Ana Tiemi
    OHs: Jaqueline, Natália, Gabi (from Rio)
    OPP: Tandara (also OH), Andréia and Monique
    MBs: Adenízia, Ana Carol and Angélica
    Libero: Camila Brait

• Russia list in Swiss

1Nelli Alisheva 20.12.1983Proton
    3Anastasia Bavykina 06.07.1992Zarechie Odintsovo
    4Irina Zaryazhko 04.10.1991 Uralochka-NTMK
    6Yulia Kutyukova 30.03.1989 Omichka Omsk
    7Yana Shcherban 06.09.1989 Dinamo-Krasnodar
    9Anastasia Markova 16.10.1987 Dinamo Moscow
    10Ekaterina Kosianenko (Pankova) 02.02.1990 Zarechie-Odinzovo
    12Elena Novik 23.03.1994 Proton
    14Irina Fetisova 07.09.1994 Zarechie Odintsovo
    17Natalia Malykh 08.12.1993 Zarechie-Odinzovo
    18Ekaterina Chernova 26.01.1986 Uralochka
    19Anna Malova 16.04.1990 Dinamo Moscow
    20Anastasia Shlyakhovaya 05.10.1990 Omichka Omsk

• She will participate in the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing :cup:

Good! I hope they don't try and move her fully to NT too quickly, same with Zhu Ting. They need to develop at a reasonable pace, not an inhuman pace which is why so many chinese players retired too early

• in order not to be burned out this what i think china should do with zhu ting, play in the youth oly, disreard montreux, play in the rand prix but she should only play in the 1sst 2 weeks, drin the 3rd week and final round she will not play that way she will be fresh for the world championships

• she's still lacking in reception and digs (pretty much like mari during her early years... well almost whole career) i think the best way for her in the meantime is to be a non-receiving oh then china must have a strong receiving opp to cover her in defense