2014 Yeltsin Cup - Ekaterinburg / Russia - 7/9

• How would you call this roster ?

Combination of B/C roster??

No one of the normal starting-sx (except maybe Startseva) is in the roster, right? Pity :(

• How would you call this roster ?

Combination of B/C roster??

No one of the normal starting-sx (except maybe Startseva) is in the roster, right? Pity :(

Rather A/B :wavy:, we have Kosanienko (Pankova), Startseva, Pasynkova, Zaryazhko, Shklyakhovaya and both main Liberos :D Kutyukova desrves to be in main NT.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Rather A/B :wavy:, we have Kosanienko (Pankova), Startseva, Pasynkova, Zaryazhko, Shklyakhovaya and both main Liberos :D Kutyukova desrves to be in main NT.

Ah ok..But no Kosheleva and Obmochaeva...the BIG stars

• Rather A/B :wavy:, we have Kosanienko (Pankova), Startseva, Pasynkova, Zaryazhko, Shklyakhovaya and both main Liberos :D Kutyukova desrves to be in main NT.

Agree. Missing players are: Obmochaeva, Kosheleva, Morozova. So A/B team. I don't believe Sokolova will be a starting 6 player in NT anymore.

• Ah ok..But no Kosheleva and Obmochaeva...the BIG stars

Obmochaeva yes, she'll be a starter but I see no reason why Kosheleva would play.. she was great at ECH at that was it.. in Moskow she was bad... also Kutyukova, Scherban, Bavykina they all played great, Pasynkova is back soo.. I don't know I would call her of course but will she be on court.....

• Scherban has an injury, wasn't training for some time now and definitely won't be playing at Yeltsin Cup.

Marichev said that she will be able to play source

• Marichev has said so many times that Obmochaeva and Kosheleva will be back for WGP, He gives these two key players some extra time to rest. About Kosheleva, she's a world class player only thing that prevent her from playing a great volleyball is her own health .btw Yulia Morozova has a problem with her back but she'll be ready for WCH.

• I think both Obmochaeva and Kosheleva will return during the middle part of the WGP as Russia is sure to qualify in the next stages.. Re Morozova, I'm quite sad she'll miss the WGP but at least she'll play during the WCH where they can get all the help they need.. Also, is there a chance for Obmochaeva to play as OH in the event Koshe does not play due to injury? I always thought she is more prolific as OH but that's just me..

• I think both Obmochaeva and Kosheleva will return during the middle part of the WGP as Russia is sure to qualify in the next stages.. Re Morozova, I'm quite sad she'll miss the WGP but at least she'll play during the WCH where they can get all the help they need.. Also, is there a chance for Obmochaeva to play as OH in the event Koshe does not play due to injury? I always thought she is more prolific as OH but that's just me..

If they want to try with Obmochaeva as OH, then she should get a little receiving role or play as non-receiving OH, something like Mammadova did in Omsk (OH1). In this case OH2 must be a solid receiver, because she would have to cover bigger area than usual, the best for me for this spot would be Kutyukova because she played like that in Omsk, receiving most serves and she did it really well :thumbup: moreover her partner in reception was Kuzyakina, so with Kryuchkova or Malova it should look at least the same, if not even better ^^ then OP can be either Malykh (she doesn't receive, so OH2 would receive a lot) or Pasynkova (and here OH2 wouldn't have to receive so often, because Pasynkova can take some receiving part :D in this case OH2 can be someone else, not necessarily Kutyukova)

Anyway I think that it won't rather happen - Obmochaeva will be as OP and we have two regular OHs ^^

• Kosheleva always plays better in NT and she just showed last year how good she could play. So I think she definitely should be starter.

Great to see all the young Russian OHs. Kutiukova, Bavykina had a great season in their club so I'm not quite surprised that they're called and will probably play, but I'm surprised that Yana Scherban played a great performance in Montreux, because in the last 2 seasons in Krasnodar she was so bad.

Also great to see Podskalnaya. She's a good blocker and I look forward to seeing her. I think she had a better season than Zaryazhko or Fetisova in her club.

Putting Malykh and Obmochaeva together is an insane idea btw.

• I like Kosheleva too but I hope Marinchev won't put her on court just because of her 'name'.. for me she has to show that she deserves to be a starter and one good tournament after so many tears does not mean she will do it again.. And I KNOW it's because of injuries

• No, I don't think Marichev will rely on names. He even kicked off Borodakova who was basically named as 2 time world champion, due to the fact that she's useless.

The reason of putting Kosheleva will be she's a great fighter, she always brings positive energy to her teammates and when she has a Russian national flag on her body, she plays a lot better. I'm not sure if she is physically okay to play full time but hopefully she has found her right shape. Other than that, we might see Pasynkova, Kutiukova, Scherban and Bavykina in stead of her.

• No information concerning Dominican roster yet?

• No information concerning Dominican roster yet?

According to yelstincup.ru Dominicans called for tournament are:

S: Niverka Marte, Rosalin Angeles, Camil Dominguez
    OP: Gina Mambru, Sidarka Nunez
    OH: Bethania De La Cruz, Prisilla Rivera, Yonkaira Pena, Erasma Moreno
    MB: Candida Arias, Marianne Fersola, Marifranchi Rodriguez
    L: Ana Binet, Winifer Fernandez

So no Brenda Castillo, Annerys Vargas and Brayelin Martinez

• No, I don't think Marichev will rely on names. He even kicked off Borodakova who was basically named as 2 time world champion, due to the fact that she's useless.

The reason of putting Kosheleva will be she's a great fighter, she always brings positive energy to her teammates and when she has a Russian national flag on her body, she plays a lot better. I'm not sure if she is physically okay to play full time but hopefully she has found her right shape. Other than that, we might see Pasynkova, Kutiukova, Scherban and Bavykina in stead of her.

I agree Kosheleva plays on a different level when she is playing in NT.. So she will be 1st OH when she is back... 2nd OH will be a toss up but my preferred option would either be Pasynkova/Scherban.. I havent seen Bavykina play that much so I can't comment... Kutiukova is promising but I can't get over the fact that she's only 184cm tall.. will be liability when she is in the front row for blocking esp so when she is facing the OPP of the enemy team...

• I agree Kosheleva plays on a different level when she is playing in NT.. So she will be 1st OH when she is back... 2nd OH will be a toss up but my preferred option would either be Pasynkova/Scherban.. I havent seen Bavykina play that much so I can't comment... Kutiukova is promising but I can't get over the fact that she's only 184cm tall.. will be liability when she is in the front row for blocking esp so when she is facing the OPP of the enemy team...

Yeah, I also would prefer experienced Pasynkova, but I don't really think Kutiukova will cause a problem in blocks due to her height. She is not a bad blocker and is the stablest receiver among the 3. Well, but yeah Sasha Pasynkova is an all around player who can receive, attack and block, although sometimes she has ups and downs. Scherban was pretty impressive in Montreux but she still needs some more times to show.

Bavykina had a great season in Zarechie Odintsovo, she can play as OH and OPP as well, so she could be an useful player. But her chances making it to WCH is quite low.

• i wonder about Japan- Bulgaria match due to youngsters of Bulgaria..if they 'll get the chance to play or not especially Nasya. she looked pretty good bot at blocking and attacking in El matches...also wonder about young setter Barkova (?)