2014 Yeltsin Cup - Ekaterinburg / Russia - 7/9

• From the official site - ЛУЧШАЯ НАПАДАЮЩАЯ БЕТАНИЯ ДЕ ЛА КРУС (ДОМИНИКАНСКАЯ РЕСПУБЛИКА)

which really means Best attacker. Best scorer would be written differently.

• Bethania De La Cruz is definitely best spiker, not best scorer ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• So like there is no players in the winning team. Only one award for Bulgaria from mercy. It wasn't provided by the organizers Bulgaria to win tournament. Maybe award holders were selected from the beggining and only the surprising win from Bulgaria forced organizers to give prize to Filipova. :lol:

:D

• Filipova alone can make triple block, she should marry Muserskiy and make teenage volleybal mutant kids :lol:

• One more Individual Award: Best Server: Shinnabe Risa (JPN)

• i think Startseva is just too slow for this new russian team and set at the open too much. She is predictable. Pankova's style suits better with this younger players. Faster and more varry.

Kinda agree. Startseva is predictable.

• Thanks Canter but i need another video not from Laola because Laola it's disabled in Bulgaria. Bulgarian TV broudcast the tournament and for this reason Yeltsin Cup in Laola can't be watched here. But i can't find any other link for this ceremony in youtube. I have feeling that all other years of this tournament have so much videos about them in youtube but from this year allmost nothing. It's very pity that no one cares for this year's tournament. One tournament in the history that Bulgaria won and i can't watch it.

• not sure if there were already comments, but i just watched DOM x KAZ.

DOM really missed de la cruz. she really provides tremendous leadership, not to mention attack and serving and helping stabliize passing for this team. DOM middle attack really improving, i'm more optimistic now for fersola and arias, they are more confident in their middle attacks and matte is setting arias more. my one criticism of arias is that she seems still a bit slow in the back slide, she needs to get more explosive and faster in that.

KAZ strangely enough plays with an OH (beresneva) who acts like a MB? she back slides and does quick sets in combo with the MB. almost like zhang lei, except zhang is an OPP and always hits with one-footed takeoff. mudritskaya -- for such a big girl, she's not impressive. she should be killing that ball all the time but she's sort of clunky and slow...