Women's Top Volley International 2014

• Zarechie's setters were a nightmare, especially Malykh was tortured with terrible sets but also the MBs had problems with the setters. Galatasaray was not impressive at all, only Centoni scored reliably, but in the crucial moments they could rely on help from Zarechie.

• right ...
    the answer was : "nothing "
    So yes we Cannes :box:

• Thompson makes the setter and the second libero ...
    Maybe it's a little too much ;)

• Thanks anyway jo1105 :) I heard Tom had 16 points in the match but I couldn't find stats for the other players.

What will Fang Yan do tonight.. Cannes is scheduled for 2nd match against Galatasaray and immediately semifinals are 3rd match and 4th match.

Since Cannes is already qualified for semifinals, will Fang Yan rest starters in the match against Galatasaray? He gave rest to Grothues, Ebata and Apitz in set 3 against Zarechie and the team played ok.

Will he rest Ravva and Tom against Galatasaray?

• I found these about cannes yesterday' s game
    Tom 17 (12 spikes, 3 blocs, 2 serves)
    Grothues 5 (4 spikes, 1 bloc)
    Ebata 7 (6 spikes, 1 serve)
    Ravva 9 (8 spikes, 1 bloc)
    Wopat 10 (5 spikes, 3 blocs, 2 serves)
    Bursac 5 (3 spikes, 2 blocs)
    Lazic 3 (2 spikes, 1 bloc)

If they don't want to play their semi immediatly after their match against gala they have to win the game. i guess Fang will go with the main lineup, male changes during the game. Each player can play and help the team.

• Well Yan Fang got plenty of players to fight vs Barbolini's squad.
    Possible we'll see Onyekweje for Ravva today. Many problems for Yukiko's ball height yesterday but Lazic can play as opp if this goes on.
    Right Logan tom plays better and and better. But it's the case for Carly Wopat too :cheesy:
    Brazilian players disturbed by jetlag ? Very bad game yesterday against Volero.
    Thompson stole several balls to Popovic and Rabadzhieva. That's why I said she also played as second libero.
    Sorry Bartek but the official site of the tournament gives a lot of pics and Twitter useless "informations" only. No match sheets there.

• Volero Zürich – Partizan Vizura Belgrad 3:1 (25:17, 23:25, 25:15, 25:15)
    St. Jakobshalle, Basel. – 3000 Zuschauer. – SR: Labasta (CZE)/Rodriguez Jativa (ESP). – Spieldauer: 96 Minuten.
    Volero Zürich: Ninkovic (14 Punkte), Rabadzhieva (12), Rykhliuk (24), Mammadova (6), Sanchez Perez (4), Thompson (2), Popovic (L); Unternährer (3), Hartong (0), Kupriianova (8).
    Partizan Vizura Beograd: Kocic (4), Lozo (6), Savic (10), Rankovic (11), Mirkovic (2), Boskovic (16), Stepanovic (L); Alksic (1), Lazovic (3), Busa (0), Cirovic (0).

Zarechie Odintsovo – Galatasaray Daikin Istanbul 0:3 (21:25, 23:25, 23:25)
    St. Jakobshalle, Basel. – 3500 Zuschauer. – SR: Miklosic (SLO)/Schürmann (LIE). – Spieldauer: 88 Minuten.
    Zarechie Odintsovo: Olga Efimova (2 Punkte), Bavykina (11), Malykh (13), Ekaterina Efimova (6), Fetisova (6), Voronkova (8), Galeeva (L); Romanenko (0), Dibrova (0), Serebryanikova (1), Dergacheva (0).
    Galatasaray Daikin Istanbul: Meijners (14), Kalac (8), Bosetti (7), Alikaya (3), Centoni (17), Aydinlar (6), Güneyligil (L); Yurtdagülen (0), Dumanoglu (0), Aydinlar (0).

Volero Zürich – Molico/Nestlé 3:0 (25:17, 25:16, 25:15)
    St. Jakobshalle, Basel. – 4000 Zuschauer. – SR: Sokol (POL)/Wolf (SUI). – Spieldauer: 74 Minuten.
    Volero Zürich: Ninkovic (9 Punkte), Rabadzhieva (12), Rykhliuk (10), Mammadova (8), Kupriianova (8), Thompson (0), Popovic (L); Unternährer (1).
    Molico/Nestlé: Lins (0), Carcaces (6), Adenizia Silva (8), Menezes (13), Almeida (1), Nascimento (1), Brait (L); Steinbrecher (1), Aline Silva (0), Souza (4), Xavier (2).

Zarechie Odintsovo – RC Cannes 0:3 (21:25, 23:25, 23:25)
    St. Jakobshalle, Basel. – 2500 Zuschauer. – SR: Di Giacomo (BEL)/Grieder (SUI). – Spieldauer: 80 Minuten.
    Zarechie Odintsovo: Olga Efimova (1 Punkte), Bavykina (11), Malykh (16), Ekaterina Efimova (6), Fetisova (4), Dibrova (6), Galeeva (L); Romanenko (0), Voronkova (3), Serebryanikova (1), Dergacheva (0).
    RC Cannes: Apitz (0), Wopat (10), Ravva (10, Ebata (7), Tom (16), Grothues (4), Ortschitt (L); Bursac (5), Van de Vyver (0), Lazic (3).

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Jeez! Meijners is making me annoyed every time I watch her. So out of passion, can't hit, can't defend, can't receive. Seriously what does she do?

• What a match by Cannes! What a team spirit! Ravva and Logan played so well! Good defenses and rallies. I didnt expect Ilka was able to play in this level. She had some awful mistakes, however she dealt with the pressure quite well.

• Yes ilka did some mistakes and had problem setting to Wopat, but she delivered some amazing set like the one to ravva and to logan.
    Good game overall for the french team even playing without real opposite. Where was Ebata? i did not see her with the team.
    Cannes was fighting for every ball in defense, really great to see.
    On the other hand, this galatasaray team is not that good.

• GsD is simply suiciding. Noone except Centoni can kill the ball. Meijners looks terribly upset, I guess she is aware of her performance. Middles are terrible except Kalac. Pretty boring to watch them this season unfortunately.

By the way, well done Grbac. Improved Volero's game a lot.