2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• Maja really had some guts in the end of the second set, that was the deciding moment, I don't think there would be a way back after 0-2.
    Great match by Stevanović, she kept our head above water for a while, and when Bošković and Mihajlović joined the party it was all smooth sailing.

• 5th-8th places are determined by the QF losers' results altogether, right? Because then Germany should be 5th, they had 6 points in preliminaries, a 3:0 in playoff and a 2:3 in QF, while all other QF losers lost 1:3 and none of them had more points in preliminaries than Germany. It is important because 5th ranked is directly qualified for next ECH.

No, 5th will not be directly qualified, that happend to Croatia but only because Belgium was 3rd. Top4 teams are qualified for ECH 2017.(Tur, Srb, Rus and Ned)
    Now Aze is out in 1.round George didn't qualified.

• I am really happy Turkey did it.. Today reception was really bad, especially because Gozde did really poor.. I hope she rebounds because we saw how important she is. I really liked Hande, she should start next matches.. ]

i didnt watch whole match but checking her reception stats ,she looks horrible at reception! oh my..i hope she can be back to her normal reception level against Dutch team

i also like Hande's style,energy however she has to solve her timing problem with the sets that she lives sometimes....im not sure if it would be true starting with her in a stresful match like ECH SF but Polen is mentally not in a good shape and im not sure if she(Polen) can be back to her good game against Net...we can use Hande of course ,we should use maybe Yılmaz instead....

btw..i hope Güldeniz is ok..she is important for reception to replace Neriman and maybe Gözde....i dont know what Akbaş is thinking about reception now if Güldeniz's injury is serious..

• didn't watch the end of ITA x RUS but to me, it seems ITA's problems is they don't have a big killer as OH/OPP. RUS at least have koshe and goncha, but diouf can't kill the ball consistently, nor del core and the bosettis. but they had a good blocking performance.

sad but ITA may not be in rio after all, certainly not if playing like this. but then most of the other euro teams aren't playing that well right now. TUR a big disappointment so far. we shall see.

• Midterm ranking :

5 Germany
    6 Belgium
    7 Italy
    8 Poland
    9 Belarus
    10 Croatia
    11 Czech Republic
    12 Hungary
    13 Bulgaria
    14 Azerbaijan
    15 Romania
    16 Slovenia

• didn't watch the end of ITA x RUS but to me, it seems ITA's problems is they don't have a big killer as OH/OPP. RUS at least have koshe and goncha, but diouf can't kill the ball consistently, nor del core and the bosettis. but they had a good blocking performance.

sad but ITA may not be in rio after all, certainly not if playing like this. but then most of the other euro teams aren't playing that well right now. TUR a big disappointment so far. we shall see.

From your words, it's obvious you haven't seen the match. Italy played a good volleyball yesterday and nobody crushed nobody :whistle: As predicted, Diouf had a low performance and she was replaced by Centoni, Del Core finally found herself and showed her class, L.Bosetti played better than previous matches, you can imagine the surprise when Goncharova spiked not over her hands but on them for two times in a short period :D I prefer not to comment the behaviour of referee (stop making it so clear, dude, Russia can win even without that) but I'd like to remind Bonitta that Italy is not USA and we really can't do the double subs (S/OPP) in crucial moments, especially if you change a certain Lo Bianco and Centoni (that were playing good) with Diouf and Malinov.
    At least we can say that Italy found part of itself in the last match of this ECH, now I hope they can start from where they've finished in January.

• Interesting tidbit: Tijana Boskovic scored 10 points in the first alone!. :cheesy: That's something that doesn't happen often. :obey:

• Putting the magnifying glass to the semifinal between The Netherlands and Turkey, what scares me most is that Guidetti knows Turkish players so well. He can probably read where Naz will set in what rotation and how Gözde will hit. Besides he knows what kind of serves they would not like to receive, especially Gizem K. Similar with Kubra. Turkish girls have to play more than 100% this time and surprise Guidetti if they want to be in the final at sunday.

What I'm hopeful about is, Naz is a much better and experienced setter than Dijkema. If she overplays and demoralizes Dijkema and if the team can serve well, then Netherlands will be easily resolved. I also expect a supreme performance from Gizem Karadayi considering she left Vakifbank because of Guidetti.

I hope Turkey will start with Naz-Gözde Yilmaz, Eda-Busra, Gözde Kirdar - Neriman. Btw, did anyone hear about Guldeniz's injury?

P.s. Special congrats to Geerties! What a performance! Hope she keeps this performance and improves it further in coming season!

• I think Turkey should start with Naz. If they loose the 1st set clearly then Nilay should play! Guidetti can read where Naz would set the balls. Its really difficult for Turkey. If they keep serving well and receiving well NED has not a chance but otherwise Turkey has no chance. I'm not sure if Kübra should play or not she has height but she is slow and cant reach to the blocks which makes the defense for Turkey hard. We need a sub maybe which can change the match. OPP position is also a questionmark but with Baladin we could have a better chance than with Polen cause she is not known well by Guidetti.

I expect an amazing match from Gizem K too.
    Where would NED serve on? Neriman? Gizem? Or between them?

• I think Turkey should start with Naz. If they loose the 1st set clearly then Nilay should play! Guidetti can read where Naz would set the balls. Its really difficult for Turkey. If they keep serving well and receiving well NED has not a chance but otherwise Turkey has no chance. I'm not sure if Kübra should play or not she has height but she is slow and cant reach to the blocks which makes the defense for Turkey hard. We need a sub maybe which can change the match. OPP position is also a questionmark but with Baladin we could have a better chance than with Polen cause she is not known well by Guidetti.

I expect an amazing match from Gizem K too.
    Where would NED serve on? Neriman? Gizem? Or between them?

Or they can serve on Gözde Kirdar? I really liked Sonsirma's receiving, but this new girl, Kirdar is not as good :lol:
    Hande is a great prospect but she is prone to make errors, I would start with a more experienced OPP and use Gözde Yilmaz but sub her with Hande when needed. Polen looks really tired, she does not hit as hard as she did in the beginning and I think she does not jump much either.
    Kubra should rest as well. I think it is better for such players mentally to start in bench and come in the game to save later. Then they play more motivated. This can work for both Kubra & Polen. Besides Guidetti does not know Gözde Yilmaz & Busra Cansu as well as his own players.
    I agree about Nilay. If Turkey loses 1st set, Nilay should start the 2nd set so that we play with a different plan.
    I dont think Guldeniz can play in the rest of the tournament, at least in the front row. I hope she can come in to receive in the backrow at least, otherwise Ferhat will regret it badly that he preferred Meliha over other OH alternatives.

• I hope Ferhat has a Plan B i really hope it. What i saw yesterday with Geerties remembered me about Barbolini which has never a Plan B!

And the German TV spiker said that Turkey made 4 video analyses and they analysed only starting six from Germany 4 times?

They shouldnt focus on the starting 6 only.

• Outstanding atmosphere, everyone seems to be enjoying the match, everything in orange, no one's booing :D

Awesome performance by Lonneke so far :D

Atmosphere was really great, more then 5000 people cheering for Holland . But first I have to see, what a disgusting behaviour of the Polish fans , shouting and booing when Holland was on serve. I should be ashamed when this were my fans... :wall:
    We ,Dutch fans, did the only good thing, make more noice then Polish fans, and wave them goodbye at the end!!!
    About Polish woman: great Skowronska, but they misted no 1 because of injury.

Great weekend for us, they are expecting 10000 people in the weekend in Ahoy and I will be one of them ( of course :D )

• I watched Germany and Turkey yesterday and Germany almost won the game with their best weapon: server. Germany seems to be the best team in the world in this aspect of game.

Brinker played well, like all this year, and Gerties the same.

I was surprised by Geerties because she was so vibrant and having fun inside the court and i never watched her like that. I liked it. All the games that i watched her she was so shy.

Silge did not play so well yesterday and i think Germany missed at least one MB who could help more in attack. But i think Silge will have a great future.

About |turkey, i think they miss a Opp who can score in hard moments. Ozsoy played great in the most important moment of the game. And Eda Erdem, i like her a lot. :heart:

• Atmosphere was really great, more then 5000 people cheering for Holland . But first I have to see, what a disgusting behaviour of the Polish fans , shouting and booing when Holland was on serve. I should be ashamed when this were my fans... :wall:
    We ,Dutch fans, did the only good thing, make more noice then Polish fans, and wave them goodbye at the end!!!
    About Polish woman: great Skowronska, but they misted no 1 because of injury.

Great weekend for us, they are expecting 10000 people in the weekend in Ahoy and I will be one of them ( of course :D )

I totally agree abou the Polish fans' behaviour.

Without a doubt, some replies will appear saying 'it is normal in other countries' . Of course, but that doesn't mean everybody should agree.

In Dutch, Belgian, German volleyball-culture (and other countries) it is simply 'totally not done' ...Totally not done. We are no footballfans, so we don't behave like footballfans.

• I totally agree abou the Polish fans' behaviour.

Without a doubt, some replies will appear saying 'it is normal in other countries' . Of course, but that doesn't mean everybody should agree.

In Dutch, Belgian, German volleyball-culture (and other countries) it is simply 'totally not done' ...Totally not done. We are no footballfans, so we don't behave like footballfans.

100% agree. I think I already made my statement regarding this.
    Not only adressed to polish fans, but others too.

• The official site of the competition might be one of the worst. What was the aim of publishing, I have no idea. I thought it would be better as tournament goes, but it didn't.

http://www.eurovolley2015.eu/

I totally agree with you.

The website is at the same level as the level of Dutch Federation. Amateur-level...no money, no qualified people..no knowledge....

• Atmosphere was really great, more then 5000 people cheering for Holland . But first I have to see, what a disgusting behaviour of the Polish fans , shouting and booing when Holland was on serve. I should be ashamed when this were my fans... :wall:

I was ashemed when I heard all the boos and whistles, I hate this kind of behaviour from fans. Focus on cheereing for your team instead of booing the other, for God's sake! Unfortunately it's very acceptable here in Poland and a lot of fans are proud of the 'atmosphere' they can create during the matches and how well they can try to distract their team's opponents. And it was especially painful to listen to, when it was clear how welcoming and nice the Dutch fan were (are). Anyway, I love the atmosphere in Holland, you guys make great show out there! :drink: