2015 FIVB U20 World Championship - ? / Puerto Rico - 9/11

• In full contrast to their Senior NT, Peru U20 are so good, beating both SRB and CHN 3-0 :dance6:

Voila! Unimaginable at NT level whereas they could only be better than the Algerian team in the recent 2015 Women's World Cup.

P.S. Spotted some familiar NT faces of theirs redressed in U20 :whistle:

CHN v SRB now either one is out of the Top-8

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Results from yesterday

Brazil-Turkey: 3:0
    Peru-China: 3:0
    Serbia-Mexico: 3:0
    Italy-Egypt: 3:0
    Bulgaria-Cuba: 3:1
    Dominican Republic-Czech Republic: 3:1
    Japan-Chinese Taipei: 3:0
    Russia-Puerto Rico:3:0

Qualified to second round so far: Brazil, Dominican Republic, Peru, Bulgaria, Russia, Japan and Italy

The last qualified team will be either Serbia or China

Disqualified teams as of today: Puerto Rico, Cuba, Turkey, Czech Republic, Egypt, Chinese Taipei, Mexico,

• Peru could have been at least a bit better during World Cup but Angela Leyva and Maguilaura Frias who are starters and main hitters even in senior NT were not there :wavy: Coraima Gomez or Shiamara Almeida could have gone there too :tzz: only Katherine Regalado played in WC...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• These Players from Dominican Republic are really from Junior level or They are older than on paper?

• Looks like Mislina Kilic is the only good prospect from this age group for Turkey. I guess it worked well for her to play a full season in division 2. I hope that they will keep her as an attacking OH instead of a OPP. In GsD this season, she can be useful, subbing Guldeniz/Leys in the front row to attack. So far she is the best scorer & best server for the Turkish NT.

Besides her, Su Zent seems to be the best MB for the team while I don't expect a great MB developing from this group. Both Rida Erlalelitepe and Ada German look promising but they both seem to be defensive OHs, hope they will develop to Gözde Kirdar in a few years :super:

• E: 1.Italia, 2.Rusia, 3.Serbia, 4.Brasil
    F: 1.Peru, 2.Dominicana, 3.Japon, 4.Bulgaria
    G:1.Republica Checa, 2.Taipe, 3.Cuba, 4.Mexico
    H:1.China, 2.Turquia, 3.Puerto Rico, 4.Egipto

• Are you suggesting that Brasil will not go forward to semi finals ? :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

E: 1.Italia, 2.Rusia, 3.Serbia, 4.Brasil
    F: 1.Peru, 2.Dominicana, 3.Japon, 4.Bulgaria
    G:1.Republica Checa, 2.Taipe, 3.Cuba, 4.Mexico
    H:1.China, 2.Turquia, 3.Puerto Rico, 4.Egipto

• Those are only the groups for the second leg of this tournament

• Results from yesterday

Serbia x Russia; 3:1
    Brasil x Italy: 3x1
    Dominican Republic x Japan: 3:0
    Peru x Bulgaria: 3:0
    China x Egypt: 3:0
    Chinese Taipei x Mexico: 3:0
    Turkey x Puerto Rico: 3:2
    Czech Republic x Cuba: 3:0

So far the only undefeated teams are Dominican Republic and Peru with record of 4-0

• Dominican Republic on the road to Final.

If I good remember Dominican were in the Final in the past where They lost 0-3 to Germany.

• Results from yesterday

Dominican Republic x Bulgaria: 3:0
    Japan x Peru: 3:0
    Cuba x Mexico: 3:2
    Turkey x Egypt: 3:1
    Brazil x Russia: 3:2
    Chinese Taipei x Czech Republic: 3:2
    China x Puerto Rico: 3:0
    Italy x Serbia: 3:1

• Yesterday's Results

Dominican Republic x Peru: 3:0
    Italy x Russia: 3:0
    Japan x Bulgaria: 3:0
    Chinese Taipei x Cuba: 3:0
    Turkey x China: 3:1
    Brazil x Serbia: 3:1
    Czech Republic x Mexico: 3:1
    Puerto Rico x Egypt: 3:2

Advanced to quarter finals:

Dominican Republic x Italy
    Brazil x Japan

• Volleymaster is very active on the topic because He thinks Dominican will win Championship.

:D

Italia and Brazil probably on the way to the Target.

• Italian team has a lot of talents, individually, they could be doing so much better. But the team makes so many mistakes. Since the U-23 Wch, they give it away so many erros, I dont think they can beat Dominican Rep like that honestly.

I dont know if its the coach's fault or what, but I would say Dominican Rep is the favorite for the Semifinal.

If they didnt make so many erros they could even be champions, but I dont think they will solve that problem in two days..hehehe