2015 FIVB U23 World Championship - Ankara / Turkey - 8/12

• Congrats to Brazilian girls...well deserved gold medal...their coach was tactically much better than Akbaş...they served well and demolished Turkey's Wings with their blocks..
    my mvp was Brazilian setter..she had a big part in this gold with her solid/firm game ..final presssure showed itself in our reception...even our libero was not firm enough..main difference was the setter and the blocks

on our side..final pressure affected Hande Baladin ..to some extend Kübra Akman was the only reliable attacker.i dont know why but she was extra slow in reaching the corners today..for a moment i thought she had a back injury or tiredness but nobody helped her.if the wings had not been blocked that much then our game balance would have been better....Durul was not bad during the time she played...we made many mistakes at crucial times...Çağla also made crucial mistakes..Meliha couldnt play her game either...

this competition came to an end.....Akman generally was good she has lidership quality .she was late in blocking still had 5 blocks ..she is slow against fast teams...Hande Baladin is a young girl...by playing more matches she will learn how to beat final pressures in the future..i liked her game,energy,style etc..Gizem Örge's reception was generally good during the whole tournament...i think Ezgi was a little better than Meliha...Durul also was good during the short time she played..Özgenur should be more agressive...Çağla Akın is a sweet girl but she also needs to play a lot of matches..Gamze could have been here in Ezgi Dilik's stead..

• what a game! they started to play volleyball in high level... the MB were just amazing today...

Brazil played very well.. and made a very good tactical game, in the last game Brazil was lost during the whole match...

very good game to watch.. so many turnarounds ... good defense... good blocker.. Drussyla needs to improve her attack skills and I expected more from her in the defense.. but she receive in high level and was very good on blocker....

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

BRAZIL RULES this competition

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

• A big congrats to Brazil! It's not easy to win a final game when you lost to the same team badly 3-0 earlier. They did a good job!

At Turkish side, there is nothing new to me. Kubra is a slow blocker but when she is on the place, she blocks for sure. It's sad that she was that slow in this level and now I'm worried of ECH where teams will play much faster and smarter. I'm sure she will do well when Turkey serves well and attacks are readable or against teams like Russia. That's the main reason I find Asli Kalac very useful and believe that she should definitely be on the bench of ECH squad. Although she is short, she is the fastest MB after Eda Erdem for Turkish NT. Özgenur has good ambitions but her game is always mediocre, the only thing she needs is being more agressive and decisive, both in blocking and attacking.

For setter position, I agree on Canter. For some reason, I really dont like Cagla, I would prefer Gamze and Ezgi Dilik at some point. It's a shame that Gamze Alikaya was not there because this team would benefit from her experience a lot in crucial parts. I hope we will get to see her in ECH squad at least. I'm not sure why Ferhat is insisting on Cagla that much (?!!!).

Among the OHs, I kept criticizing Meliha since WGP and now I know for sure I was right. She has been so overrated since last year's WGP and has no better qualities than her competitors including Ezgi Dagdelenler, Seyma Ercan, Melis Durul and Damla Cakiroglu. If Turkey really needed an offensive OH, then Melis Durul could do that since she played in that role the entire club season and we saw that her attacking is much better than Meliha. I assume Ferhat is insisting on Meliha for personal reasons (?!). It will be a scandal if Meliha is invited to ECH and Ezgi Dagdelenler is not after this tournament.

I would really like Hande Baladin to receive an award, she performed really well for her age. I think her spiking approach is not correct but she is a very smart hitter. Besides, she seems to like shorter sets and Cagla kept giving her high sets during the entire tournament for some reason :down:

Anyway congrats to Turkish girls! It's a wonderful feeling being sad for being number 2 in the world :cheesy:

• Turkish crowd are very disrespectful - still booing after the match - your team lost, get over it. No wonder why some league matches have to be stopped because of rowdy fans - this is horrible. Why anyone would be booing 19-23 year olds after a match ?(

Good atmosphere during the match though - but the end.....

Uncivilisation, I hope they won't do that in european olympic qualifications next year.

• Uncivilisation, I hope they won't do that in european olympic qualifications next year.

Hey come on! Uncivilization? Remember Peru was throwing bottles and stuff towards Brenda Castillo and Dominicans when they won the match against them some years ago.. Watch your words!
    What the crowd was doing wasn't so nice, but far from uncivilized.. it's a matter of different culture. In the 2011 ECH Serbian crowd was also booing opponents especially when Bahar was serving, and they were encouraged by a man who's job was to make a better atmosphere in the crowd.. In the last ECH in 2013, there wasn't any booing, but it's as I said part of the culture..

What Turkish crowd did after the match is not nice, but they were disappointed and that's why.. And booing is far from uncivilized

• And I remembered something now.. When Brazil won the gold in London 2012, Fabiana, Sheilla and Natalia got up to the chair of the referee (!!!) to celebrate, while Americans were waiting to congradulate them after the match.. isn't that uncivilized? But it's part of a different culture.. For me that was so much disrespectful

• Hey come on! Uncivilization? Remember Peru was throwing bottles and stuff towards Brenda Castillo and Dominicans when they won the match against them some years ago.. Watch your words!
    What the crowd was doing wasn't so nice, but far from uncivilized.. it's a matter of different culture. In the 2011 ECH Serbian crowd was also booing opponents especially when Bahar was serving, and they were encouraged by a man who's job was to make a better atmosphere in the crowd.. In the last ECH in 2013, there wasn't any booing, but it's as I said part of the culture..

What Turkish crowd did after the match is not nice, but they were disappointed and that's why.. And booing is far from uncivilized

You just spilled out the answer, in my culture, it's definitely an uncivilzation, maybe not in your culture, sorry if it was harsh, I just said what I felt.
    To me the best international tournament is ECH 2013, Germany as host and probably ECH 2007 that was held by Luxembourg and Belgium, great atmosphere and outstanding crowds, those are a good example whereas we have many other bad examples :)

• You just spilled out the answer, in my culture, it's definitely an uncivilzation, maybe not in your culture, sorry if it was harsh, I just said what I felt.
    To me the best international tournament is ECH 2013, Germany as host and probably ECH 2007 that was held by Luxembourg and Belgium, great atmosphere and outstanding crowds, those are a good example whereas we have many other bad examples :)

USAvolleyballfan, I agree on Emil. I dont know if you have been to Sweden but it is a culture where people simply can't complain to each other's face, even when they are served badly, instead they talk behind or complain officially. Besides it is a culture lacking passion and well known of being cold and boring. The only time it might change is probably football stadiums. It's also very absurd that a man like Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a god in Sweden. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but this is how I felt.

Coming back to booing, I dont approve it, I rather prefer locals to applaud. But a friend of mine was watching the game live and he wrote to me several times that 3-4 of Brazilian players were being provocative which cameras clearly did not catch. That explains to me why Turkish players and fans were aggressive, yet I still dont approve it. I'm eventually glad that they did not throw things to the court.

• USAvolleyballfan, I agree on Emil. I dont know if you have been to Sweden but it is a culture where people simply can't complain to each other's face, even when they are served badly, instead they talk behind or complain officially. Besides it is a culture lacking passion and well known of being cold and boring. The only time it might change is probably football stadiums. It's also very absurd that a man like Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a god in Sweden. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but this is how I felt.

Coming back to booing, I dont approve it, I rather prefer locals to applaud. But a friend of mine was watching the game live and he wrote to me several times that 3-4 of Brazilian players were being provocative which cameras clearly did not catch. That explains to me why Turkish players and fans were aggressive, yet I still dont approve it. I'm eventually glad that they did not throw things to the court.

Yes, we are cold and boring, not easy to be friends at all, that's what many immigrants here have to face with and Ibrahimovic being a god here is a very old-fashioned issue, people make fun of him very often these days because of his odd attitude, though he's a really good player probably the best representing Sweden, me, not so much into football anyway.

I don't know if I got it all wrong but I kinda like your irony, it's very swedish. We lack of passion and personally I barely get emotional, so to me it's very odd and not easy to get all the emotional and dramatic gestures on the court by Brazilians, Cubans or Turkish or whoever you want to add, but still, I respect. However booing even when the match was already over is another story. If you're disappointed, do find anything else to calm yourself, not boo at the winners, it won't help you.

So sorry for off-topic.

• Yes, we are cold and boring, not easy to be friends at all, that's what many immigrants here have to face with and Ibrahimovic being a god here is a very old-fashioned issue, people make fun of him very often these days because of his odd attitude, though he's a really good player probably the best representing Sweden, me, not so much into football anyway.

I don't know if I got it all wrong but I kinda like your irony, it's very swedish. We lack of passion and personally I barely get emotional, so to me it's very odd and not easy to get all the emotional and dramatic gestures on the court by Brazilians, Cubans or Turkish or whoever you want to add, but still, I respect. However booing even when the match was already over is another story. If you're disappointed, do find anything else to calm yourself, not boo at the winners, it won't help you.

So sorry for off-topic.

Meaning of "friendship" varies a lot between Swedish and many other cultures. A good friend in many cultures would take you to hospital in case you need, come and cook for you or shop for you and a friend is someone you meet without much planning. In some cultures, close friends are closer than your family whom you share your most private things, problems and such. Based on my personal definition of friendship, Swedes do not make friends at all but contact people that they met before to spend time on a certain activity. I'm not criticizing at all since I'm aware that this is what most people in Sweden grow with. Oh and I'm not the only one thinking so:

http://www.xenophobes.com/the-swedes/

Really sorry for :offtopic:

• Meaning of "friendship" varies a lot between Swedish and many other cultures. A good friend in many cultures would take you to hospital in case you need, come and cook for you or shop for you and a friend is someone you meet without much planning. In some cultures, close friends are closer than your family whom you share your most private things, problems and such. Based on my personal definition of friendship, Swedes do not make friends at all but contact people that they met before to spend time on a certain activity. I'm not criticizing at all since I'm aware that this is what most people in Sweden grow with. Oh and I'm not the only one thinking so:

http://www.xenophobes.com/the-swedes/

Really sorry for :offtopic:

I'd probably agree on that, recently I've been studying in Germany and right now in the Netherlands and compared to swedes, they are clearly warmer and easier to be friends, perhaps better sense of humor. Can't believe that Germany is the country that's been considered as a cold country, I think Sweden and Norway are even more.

In terms of friends, we swedes define nothing, we never appoint anything for love, never promise anything especially marriage or babies, we just do and see as time goes, this is so as weird as it sounds. That's probably why romantic films are simply disliked in Sweden :D

To the best of my recollection we used to have some threads for cultural talking, these talks should belong to the treads I think, so we can avoid being off topic talkers.

• I didn't think that turkish crowd was disrespectful, only in the empty stadium after the game was not really cool... but Brazilians let them down

Brazil likes to play in this situation,good atmosphere... Brazilian girls were a true fighters, they return Kubra's inducement !

They were a real warriors!

Brazil, Turkey , Italy , Japan and Poland :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Just watched the final game again and what a terrible coaching by Ferhat. No tactics given in time outs, no motivational talk and terrible timing for timeouts and wrong substitutions. Hard to find something he did well except breathing. He should have taken Meliha out after the 1st set and never let her in again. Ceylan Arisan should also come in the game much earlier, replacing Kubra.
    Cagla had a terrible game, serving like a highschool girl. Seriously, at this level, who serves 10 meters over the net???!!! But her replacement Ezgi Dilik was much worse, I think she set 4 really crappy balls in only 1 rally. She should have been taken out at 4th set when score was like 8-6 not 16-6. I think Ferhat was out of oxygen and not following during that time. I really liked Melis Durul, she have been used more. I also don't understand why setters never used backrow attacks because Hande seems to be able to hit well from zone 1 too.
    In summary, really terrible game by setters and horrible management by Ferhat.

I read somewhere that Juma has been serving great. I agree she serves well but most of her serves were out I think although Turkish receivers took them.
    Congrats to Brazil again!

• just watched the DOM x BRA semifinal.

what can i say, both brayelin martinez and yonkaira pena are sooooo disappointing. they are both still young but have spent quite a lot of time in the senior team and they have not developed/improved much. well, they have improved a little, particularly in passing, but their mental game is a mess. so many hitting errors and so many stupid attempts at dinks that just show bad decision. yes, when they are on, they can both be big hitters, but at the decisive moments, what a mess. did you see the 5th set?

pena must have been watching pri rivera too much, she dinks way too often. also martinez's serves were such lollipops, even grandma could handle them.

the setter, toribio, was a mess. the opposite lefty, gonzalez, was hard to evaluate because she got so many bad sets, but her jump approach seems wrong and she wasn't effective. the MB hinojosa had several blocks, but got hardly any sets.

on the plus side for DOM, winnifer fernandez is developing well and will be a good backup for castillo. the most exciting player however is brayelin's sister, jineiry, she'll be the best MB ever from the DOM if she continues to develop.

so funny, the two coaches were both brazilian and named wagner (prenom), so the DOM one would cover his mouth when speaking so the other team wouldn't hear him...

• i didnt notice the crowd's reaction after match finished...no need to boo...Brazil girls deserved the gold and the crowd should have applauded them after the match..on the other hand..i see some prejudiced users come up again...this is not unique to the people in turkey..most of balkan countries' people behaving that way in matches..well its not nice i agree

i felt that if Brazilin setter was on Turkey's side Turkey could have won the match..Çağla is not bad either but she lacks playing real matches

• http://www.cev.lu/Competition-….aspx?NewsID=23020&ID=964

Does anyone know what the criteria is to choose 6 teams that will play in the qualification tournament. As far as I know, there is no U22 ranking in CEV's website. There is U19 ranking which shows Serbia, Turkey, Italy, Russia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic as top 6 ranked teams.

http://www.cev.lu/Rankings/WomenU19.aspx

Why do Poland (8) and Croatia (14) participate to the tournament instead of Russia and Czech Republic? Participating male teams also are not based on U20 ranking. ?(