2015 FIVB U23 World Championship - Ankara / Turkey - 8/12

• Hande Baladin seems to use a different approach when spiking, looks more like a slide attack than a regular opposite attack. I guess it is easier for her since she used to be a MB or she overwatched Sokolova?

• Hande Baladin seems to use a different approach when spiking, looks more like a slide attack than a regular opposite attack. I guess it is easier for her since she used to be a MB or she overwatched Sokolova?

i like that variation btw Çağla and Hande...they should keep executing...i also like the variation btw Çağla and Meliha.

• after first two sets the match got nice and last two sets were pretty good due to Japan's game's rising..japan is always a tough opponent for us on every level..

congrats to the girls and good luck in the final!

• Looks like Ezgi Dagdelenler will take Meliha's spot in ECH with her performance here. She is a much better receiver and makes really good defense in the backrow. I really liked her attacks today as well. In overall, I find her more consistent than Meliha and that is what the Turkish NT need from a sub OH.

If Turkey wins, I hope Kubra will get the MVP. I really want Hande Baladin and Gizem Örge to receive awards too. Cagla seems to be the best setter with her today's performance in overall stats, but I'm still not convinced :down:

• Looks like Ezgi Dagdelenler will take Meliha's spot in ECH with her performance here. She is a much better receiver and makes really good defense in the backrow. I really liked her attacks today as well. In overall, I find her more consistent than Meliha and that is what the Turkish NT need from a sub OH.

If Turkey wins, I hope Kubra will get the MVP. I really want Hande Baladin and Gizem Örge to receive awards too. Cagla seems to be the best setter with her today's performance in overall stats, but I'm still not convinced :down:

im in two minds about Meliha and Ezgi :|

Meliha İsmailoğlu : her reception stats look not bad ..she is the third in the rankings....but she has made 12 reception errors so far she is not reliable to me yet though not bad...She jumps better than Ezgi..

Ezgi Dağdelenler is better digger than Meliha..this is the point where she is clearly better than Meliha but Ezgi's offence is not convinced to me..she sometimes make unforced errors but sometimes gets crucial points..i cant decide which one is real Ezgi ? ?(

i dont know which one i would take with to a big tournament ??

• like ITA in U18 group, TUR in U23 is too strong, the others barely stop them wining the title....

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I expect Turkey to win tomorrow, but even if this tournament itself doesn't mean much as plenty of people have said, I'm glad Brazil managed to reach the finals this time after the whole U18 fiasco. Hope they can put up a good fight at least!

• I think Meliha is in the list of best receivers because opponents serve mainly on her. Ezgi has quite few receiving that's why she is not ranked. Yesterday we saw again that Meliha fails in reception badly in crucial points and that is really dangerous. This was only U23 but considering the better quality serves in ECH, I think she wont be able to handle them. Meliha is clearly more athletic than Ezgi and that helps her in attacking but Ezgi is much smarter. Instead of hitting inside the block or tipping the ball long and easy, she hits hard cross court. Meliha should learn to use her height and physical advantage in attacking but at the moment I find Ezgi more useful in all elements compared to Meliha. The only problem is, Turkey will have Neriman and Gözde S as spikers and Guldeniz as sub for sure. Ezgi is very similar to Guldeniz so Ferhat might consider having Meliha and use her as OH1. I honestly would prefer Gözde Yilmaz or Neslihan as a sub for Neriman and Guldeniz as a sub for Gözde S. Really sorry for :offtopic:

• Nice turnaround from Brazil from 15-19 to 25-21 mainly thanks to Juma's serves. However I agree that her sets in the first half of the set were really terrible. I have to say I don't like the attitude of the Turkish girls, they seem a bit too confident for my taste.

• Kubra should chill out a bit. This cocky attitude looking across the net all the time is not a good look.

That's what I meant with attitude. Kübra's stares, Özgenur's scream at Gabi earlier, they behave like they're Gamova but they're far from that.

Hande going out after getting a facial. Alright, it's uncomfortable, but I've seen many players getting hit way harder in the face and playing on...anyway hope she's OK.

• That's what I meant with attitude. Kübra's stares, Özgenur's scream at Gabi earlier, they behave like they're Gamova but they're far from that.

Hande going out after getting a facial. Alright, it's uncomfortable, but I've seen many players getting hit way harder in the face and playing on...anyway hope she's OK.

She is crying on the bench so maybe she got hurt bad..

About Kubra staring - I don't like screaming and it's pretty rue but staring? Why not? I can hit over you and will stare u all day long.. that's pretty fair I think..

• I'm in love with these U23 World Championships.

Better level of volleyball than Youth and Juniores WCH of course.

The hall, the music, the match. I'm simply in love.

Go Turkey! :super: