2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• .i think Japan is being underrated here (some key japanese players are missing in the roster or what?) the tournament in Japan so we know Japan can play extraordinarily in front of home crowd .

Japan with a very good defensive game can spoil the game of some european teams like Serbia even Russia..we dont know about Kosheleva's form and if Gocharova is still in that good shape..i dont know but it seems to me that Serbia is in reach of Japan to beat...China without Hui also question mark??..

• Arias had surgery in one of her knees. That's the reason why she is not with the team

kpndzio, i wonder if arias is injured or has fallen out of favor with kwiek? jineiry is a very talented young player but she's too inexperienced. the WC is a very important tournament, you'd think they want a more experience

• .i think Japan is being underrated here (some key japanese players are missing in the roster or what?) the tournament in Japan so we know Japan can play extraordinarily in front of home crowd .

Japan with a very good defensive game can spoil the game of some european teams like Serbia even Russia..we dont know about Kosheleva's form and if Gocharova is still in that good shape..i dont know but it seems to me that Serbia is in reach of Japan to beat...China without Hui also question mark??..

Did you see Japan's performance in the WGP final? It was completely pathetic...I wasn't shocked at all at their lack of height, but their defense was very bad as well, however, I agree on their tendency playing better by miles at home. Goncharova by herself was enough to beat them, although I want something better from Japan, otherwise everything will be so much easy and predictable.

Kosheleva's form is also questionable, she said that she's not fully ready to play, barely participated in reception training, but we know that Tanya plays very well in the big tournaments.

Russia for gold, Serbia silver, that's what I hope :D I wouldn't mind at all who takes the bronze.

• Did you see Japan's performance in the WGP final? It was completely pathetic...I wasn't shocked at all at their lack of height, but their defense was very bad as well, however, I agree on their tendency playing better by miles at home. Goncharova by herself was enough to beat them, although I want something better from Japan, otherwise everything will be so much easy and predictable.

Kosheleva's form is also questionable, she said that she's not fully ready to play, barely participated in reception training, but we know that Tanya plays very well in the big tournaments.

Russia for gold, Serbia silver, that's what I hope :D I wouldn't mind at all who takes the bronze.

oh my head!...you!re so optimistic about european teams... :lol: i think one of them could be in the top 2..
    Japan's performance at the last WGP was not good but do you remember the WGP in Japan where Japan had got the second place ??

• oh my head!...you!re so optimistic about european teams... :lol: i think one of them could be in the top 2..
    Japan's performance at the last WGP was not good but do you remember the WGP in Japan where Japan had got the second place ??

I do, but I don't think in general Japanese players are in the same shape as they were in last year's WGP, regardless of the place they played, but maybe we could expect more from them in the upcoming WC, being host brings a lot of advantages, especially in Japan :win:

And yes, I'm very optimistic in general.

• Today team Japan held a press conference and there were still 15 players.(the above 14 members & Mami Uchiseto)
    https://www.jva.or.jp/index.php/topics/20150817-3

The one who will be cut is Miyabe or Uchiseto I think.
    About Miyabe, she has low back pain now and cannot practice until recently.

the official roster of Japan announced:
    Uchiseto is in and Miyabe is out.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• * Can Japan win their first medal at the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup in 34 years in 2015?

YES: 33%

NO: 67%

* We are a few days away from the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015. Who do you think is favourite to take the title?

CHN 39% | CUB 1% | DOM 1% | JPN 7% | KOR 7% | PER 6% | RUS 12% | SRB 1% | USA 25%

http://worldcup.2015.women.fivb.com/en/fanvote

I'm rather surprised that CHN is voted with higher winning odds than USA :P

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• my two cents :

Usa team has better advantage than China and Russia...Serbia is also a good team but for a long time they havent been an efficient team in such big tournaments..they are still a good team
    China without Hui....i cant trust in Russsian OH's except Kosheleva and middles also a problem in terms of offense..

• I think Harmotto isn't 100% healthy, in the photos posted by USAV she is always with the bench players and Dixon with the starters.

Harmotto will not be playing full-time, even if she is "healthy" because of past injury issues. Akinradewo and Harmotto are clear starters, but we will rarely see them play together. So it's not surprising if Dixon or Gibby take reps with the starters. Then again, it can be hard to determine who the "starters" are at this point - Robinson or Hill? Glass or Kreklow?

• Ol Kreklow is awesome setter but Alisha is still level higher than her. Yeah US has so good OHs !

• Arias had surgery in one of her knees. That's the reason why she is not with the team

thanks for explanation ^^ but IMHO taking 12 players for 11 games it's high risk - maybe they should have taken also two from group Eve/Fernandez/Rondon :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• thanks for explanation ^^ but IMHO taking 12 players for 11 games it's high risk - maybe they should have taken also two from group Eve/Fernandez/Rondon :whistle:

totally. i don't know what kwiek and the federation are thinking. last time, what tournament was it, arias hurt her hand and then they had no backups to the MBs (valdez and fersola).

they don't even have eve-mejia, what's happened to her? she's been playing OH but she was an MB before, so at least she could have backed up for all 3 positions.

• i did not know PER's coach is also brazilian. so funny to hear brazilians trying to speak spanish.

the worse is vercesi, i don't know what he is saying when he talks to the CRO players, is it italian, portuñol, english? ;(

is PER not taking this seriously? why the absences of their top players?