2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Boskovic is far from Brakocevic, like i told you so She was Big on WCH but now She is average opp. And Maja was today :thumbdown:

I think she played okay, agree about Maja, her sets were so much detected by chinese.

So, for the top 4, Russia USA and China got one win, Serbia one loss. Let's see how Japan performs tonight.

• please, friends here, i am not sure whether you guys do not say something about the changes of China Team and to give some positive apprisal to CHinese great performances, like the new setter Ding Xia who made the team different and the new opposite sub Liu Yanhan. even the great performances from Zhang Changning, she was amazing and the queen of the court today. not only for her attacks but also the blocks and some crucial serve aces for China in 2nd and 3rd sets.

why you always paid that much attention to something not that important and people here had been arguing about it for hundred of times before.
    no one would like to say a word about it any more.

and i think it is not noise at all. it is a kinda way of expression. at least i am not annoyed by any of the lovely girls with their passion like this.

:read:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• All USA players has so high % of attacks :white:

• welcome back, you have been away from here for so long,
    she is absent due to heart problem. and this was not news any more.

welcome back, you have been away from here for so long,
    she is absent due to heart problem. and this was not news any more.

Thanks! I have always been here checking out news but never really logged in nor commented since 2012.

• I watched the most of China - Serbia and I have a feeling that non Euro Teams are better in reception than Euro.

Probably because Euro Players very often play on different positions, one time OH one time OPP.

Non Euro very rarely change Their real positions.

• Serbia's loss is mostly because of their errors, serving, attacking and every part. I hope Mihajlovic manages to save her power so that it can last a bit longer. In general China were stronger, especially #1 was pretty impressive, I just had a look and she's a teenager 8|

• i just watched first ttwo sets of China-- Serbia....
    Terzic's double changes spoiled the rhythm of Serbia otherwise they could have made it 2-0.....moreover Zhang's serves also helped China...

Liu Yanhan ever played OPP?

• I think the Key Point why during Olympics in London in Top 4 were 4 non Euro Teams was better reception.

I watch matches without sounds because of Commentators.

• i just watched first ttwo sets of China-- Serbia....
    Terzic's double changes spoiled the rhythm of Serbia otherwise they could have made it 2-0.....moreover Zhang's serves also helped China...

Liu Yanhan ever played OPP?

Yes, in Army (league season of 2013-14)...

Today, she was filled in because of no real oppo sub in China anymore.
    besides, Liu is also limited as OH because of her poor reception, although her skills has developped a lot these days but not enough yet.
    her power in position 2 gets weaker, but still okay in position 4 and backrow.

ps: Zeng Chunlei was so bad, 1/9 kills is unbearable stats for an OPP.

to be me...

• Why do so many Argentina players have Italian sounding names (Castiglione, Boscacci, Scacchi)?

Their roots are from Italy for sure.
    Argentina is an immigration country, over 90% were from Italy and Spain
    and Italians were taking the major portion of the immigrants.
    Soccer become popular in Argentina due to the Italians who brought the sport in.
    the King of football Diego Armando Maradona is pure italian.

to be me...

• Thanks, I didn't know that :drink:

Argentina isn't playing all that bad....and Japan not all that good. They're gonna win 3:0 anyway probably but I don't see them as threat to the big teams if they don't play better than that.

Sosa is the perfect example that you don't need to be tall to be a good blocker. She has very fast feet and a good anticipation so she gets her hands to the right place very often.

• Now I get why Manabe insisted his hybrid 6, their MBs are not good at all. Sosa made 2 kill blocks in a row.

• Their roots are from Italy for sure.
    Argentina is an immigration country, over 90% were from Italy and Spain
    and Italians were taking the major portion of the immigrants.
    Soccer become popular in Argentina due to the Italians who brought the sport in.
    the King of football Diego Armando Maradona is pure italian.

I'm Italian and half of my grandfather's brother went to Argentina in 1950, is very common in Italy :D

• Why no challenge for this? It was so clear.

Not possible to challenge it.

On the other hand, if Japan plays like they did in the last part of the set, they are good! Obviously Manabe told them to use combination plays whenever they can and it was very effective. That's why in volleyball surprises don't happen, even if the weak team plays well for most of the set, the good team can always speed up, do some big serves and attacks and the weak team sooner or later will start making mistakes.

• I think this today was USA's real starting line-up except for Harmotto over Dixon.. I'm curious why Karch started that line-up against Korea, I would expect it against Serbia. Karch was rotating so many players in both WCH and specially in WGP so I expect nothing less now.. now that's much more needed. That's why I think we'll see another line-up against Serbia tomorrow. Alisha, Larson and Lowe will stay IMO.. Others may be changed