2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• No Italy and in its stead Russia and Serbia... That's no sense

Well, it's all about rankings...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• The format has changed. It sounds kind of weird. Two pools of six in a round robin.
    No idea about the formula. It's hard to figure out the match-ups. Will teams from pool A play teams from pool B?

• The format has changed. It sounds kind of weird. Two pools of six in a round robin.
    No idea about the formula. It's hard to figure out the match-ups. Will teams from pool A play teams from pool B?

first 5 days teams in each pool will play with the team in same pool. 6 days later, teams will play with the teams in another pool.

• Now, ther are 6 teams confirm in World Cup. Host Japan, World champion USA, CEV ranking Russia Serbia.

2 for Asian are China and South Korea. I e-mail to ask AVC. AVC use World ranking.

Form NORCECA maybe Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico because NORCECA championship will compete after WC, and World ranking and NORCECA ranking give a same result.

From African, the teams will come from African championship in June.

No news from CSV.

• AVC officials told that CHN and KOR has qualified to WC ? :what:
    however, the official website shows that the top 2 apart from JPN qualifies WC from AVC championship...this is really weird... :cheesy:
    why FIVB does not give a brief flow chart to show the complete regulation to OG RIO... :super:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• AVC officials told that CHN and KOR has qualified to WC ? :what:
    however, the official website shows that the top 2 apart from JPN qualifies WC from AVC championship...this is really weird... :cheesy:
    why FIVB does not give a brief flow chart to show the complete regulation to OG RIO... :super:

I attach a file which I got from E-mail. The information include Asian OG Qualification will join World OG Qualification.

• During the Norceca congress last weekend, it was established that there will be a tournament called "Final Four", with the 3 most highest ranked Norceca teams + organizer. The two best teams of this tournament will qualify to the FIVB 2015 World Cup.

Final Four is scheduled to take place the first week of June. See the information from Puerto Rican Volleyball Federation below:

The NORCECA Confederation announced that this year will be held Champions Cup or Final
    Four. For it, the three highest-ranked teams in the NORCECA and the organizer will be chosen to
    racing weekend, said agency president Cristobal Marte Hoffiz.

The top two teams qualify for the Women's World Cup to be played in Japan, he announced. In this
    case, the United States, as women's world champion it has already qualified. Dominican, Puerto Rico, Cuba and
    Canada, will seek the qualification.

Failure to attend any of those teams, the next team in the ranking classification would have the
    right

Final Four - Norceca

• How about men tournament?

• this is sooooo silly but then it's fivb….

since US is already qualified, having 2 NORCECA is stupid. as much as i love PR, i think both TUR and ITA are better. and they are certainly better than african teams, so why 2 from africa again???? just one of KEN or CMR is enough.

• If I´m not wrong (my portuguese isnt so high), Brazil is out of world cup 2015. So it means two southamerican countries will be there, Indeed, it would be the weakest WC.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/v…CM20000099cceb0aRCRD.html

• ^ It does indeed say Brazil is out of WC, just to confirm it. The newspiece is mostly about the male NT, but I'm fairly sure it says both NTs will no compete. CBV's president says losing another competition could be harmful and they're instead focusing on the Olympics.

• If I´m not wrong (my portuguese isnt so high), Brazil is out of world cup 2015. So it means two southamerican countries will be there, Indeed, it would be the weakest WC.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/v…CM20000099cceb0aRCRD.html

I think it would happen just in case Brazil really give up to organize the World League finals, officially, World Cup is part of the annual programmation for the both NTs.

Female: http://2015.cbv.com.br/index.p…minino/adulta/programacao

Male: http://2015.cbv.com.br/index.p…culino/adulta/programacao