2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Within the next few hours we'll witness the great match between the USA vs China, the world's strongest teams in addition to Brazil.

This match will be fascinating in particular for I believe both teams will field their strongest line-up available here, in this World Cup. The sweet trophy of two berths in 2016 Rio OG will encourage both to do the best here, more incentive than the recent WGP.

In their last two matches during the WGP series (Hong Kong) & final round (Omaha) both teams did not come in full force. It's true that both sides still have one or two key players being absent from this World Cup, but the current line-ups much better represent the real power of both than in the preceding encounters.

We all should enjoy the awesome treat in matter of hours :drink: :dance6:

Of course I hope the Chinese team will bag this match :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• What happen with Marichev challenges is for being studied in universities

How is possible fail so much?

• Kenya is much better than Algeria, It's going to be a 3-0 win for Russia eventually, but their team play is pretty impressive.

• Russian block still not effective even against this Kenyan team. In fairness to them, they have very powerful arm swings that can match Kosheleva. Poor Orlova. 99% of her attacks are being dug.

• Russian block still not effective even against this Kenyan team. In fairness to them, they have very powerful arm swings that can match Kosheleva. Poor Orlova. 99% of her attacks are being dug.

Agree. I think Marichev picked her up mostly because of her outstanding performance in Russian league last season, but we all know how slow and predictable russian setters are, without such an advantage like that she's just a slow blocker, especially against a team like Japan. Besides everything her attack is very weak, I've been repeating it for many times, but truly a fact that Zaryazhko is much better than her...

Now Kenya leading the match and Russia struggling :huh:

• Kenya's #15 has got a very fancy arm swing, russian blockers can't even reach her.

• With this dreadful shape, Russia has no chance against USA, Serbia and China, they should be happy with 4th :aww:

• The Serbian girls will be my #2 idolized team, so many lovely girls there, so powerful and the #3 Busa is the loveliest in my eyes :rose: :rose:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Kuzyakina :wall: I haven't seen such a terrible libero...

True, although she was the only available alternative. Kryuchkova taking a break from NT, Ulanova being away from volleyball, Kravchenko taking care of her son...

• As expected, Russia wins 3-0 eventually. But there are still holes in their game that needs to be addressed, mainly their block defense. When a team like them struggles against a relatively weak team like Kenya, it's a sign of a concern for them. Hope Russia will improve on the next games and get the ticket to Rio on this World Cup.

• True, although she was the only available alternative. Kryuchkova taking a break from NT, Ulanova being away from volleyball, Kravchenko taking care of her son...

Yes, I know the situation.
    If Dinamo Kazan uses her as main libero, the team must struggle.
    She can't receive the ball well even in front of her :aww: :aww:

• Yeah, I agree. It's always better to get the worst out of the way first. I really hope they learned something from the last three matches, especially the fact that their receiving system is just wrong.

Some players are just in bad shape, Startseva and Kuzyakina for example. To me the only surprise from this team so far is Scherban's great performance and Kosheleva herself. She just got back from her break.