2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• For Me Zhu Thing is better spiker than KYK :whistle:

• Please, guys, stop comparing Zhu Ting to KYK.

KYK is better server, receiver, spiker, blocker, digger... better everything. No way to compare.

agree with you except spiker...
    Zhu is solid as spiker indeed..she is still very young..her spikes are more demolishing...KYK's spikes are more diggable/saveable(?) compare to Zhu's

• Oh no. Hope Harmotto is ok. :S

• 3-0 for us. Glass and Hill combination worked like in 2014 WCH. My MVP is Jordan Larson: her digging was insane! She plays always the right ball, she's alway in the right position. I like this kind of dark work.

• congrats ro Usa..i hope Harmotto is ok

American girls reacted very well after yesterday's loss..Lowe had a good game,Hill too..especially in the last part of the third set this duo played well....Zhu tried to help her team but it was not enough..Zhang was useful

• USA team is better today. The Chinese team will have to start all over again their campaign here after the devastating 0-3 defeat, it is not over yet! It's quite pitiful that they even couldn't take one game. Btw Kim Hill is lovely.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Great win for the USA, sadly the stream kept cutting in and out. USA should destroy the next 5 teams on their schedule. Taking them to 7-1 with 3 matches remaining. Russia being the #9 match and Japan #10.

Russia could be 6-0 before the Serbia match which should be (5-1). China should be 5-1 and Japan 5-1 as well.

These are the 5 teams fighting for the tickets to Rio.

Points between these 5 teams
    USA, 4 points, 2 matches
    China, 3 points, 2 matches
    Russia, 2 points, 1 match
    Serbia, 2 points, 2 matches
    Japan, 1 point, 1 match

• No weak points in USA today. All players performed a high level volleyball. It's difficult stand out someone, but for me Glass has done a superb match, she set great balls cheating the chinenese block with the slide attack and setting fast balls to the OH's (overall Hill) many times.
    And everytime I see Karsta Lowe, she seems to me a better player. Besides of powerful spikes, she played against the block smartly.

In China Zhu Ting is an outstanding player, with 20 years old she takes the responsability of her team in absence of Hui Ruoqi. It's a pleasure watching her on the court.

• 2015 World Cup - Day 3

Dominican Republic 3 x 1 Argentina (25 - 21, 25 - 22, 19 - 25, 25 - 15)
    Best scorer: Rivera (DOM), 15 points
    Best player: Peña (DOM)
    Video, Stats

Algeria 0 x 3 Korea (8 - 25, 9 - 25, 19 - 25)
    Best scorer: So-Young Lee (KOR), 12 points
    Best player: Youn-Joo Hwang (KOR)
    Video, Stats

Russia 3 x 0 Kenya (25 - 16, 25 - 21, 25 - 21)
    Best scorer: Kosheleva (RUS) and Khadambi (KEN), 16 points
    Best player: Kosheleva (RUS)
    Video, Stats

Peru 0 x 3 Serbia (10 - 25, 17 - 25, 10 - 25)
    Best scorer: Veljkovic (SRB), 14 points
    Best player: Veljkovic (SRB)
    Video, Stats

USA 3 x 0 China (25 - 23, 25 - 17, 25 - 23)
    Best scorer: Zhu (CHN), 17 points
    Best player: Lowe (USA)
    Video, Stats

Cuba 0 x 3 Japan (15 - 25 12 - 25 16 - 25)
    Best scorer: Koga (JPN), 19 points
    Best player: Nagaoka (JPN)
    Video, Stats

• I'm watching the macth now and why is Harmotto screaming at the net at her opponent? Weird...I've never seen her do that...
    Points 20 and 21 of 1st set...

• and the 21st point (a block from Harmotto), she clearly touched the net with both arms! Didn't Lang Ping have any challenge? Because this could change the whole set and maybe the match

• I'm watching the macth now and why is Harmotto screaming at the net at her opponent? Weird...I've never seen her do that...
    Points 20 and 21 of 1st set...

I will look at that now.. I thought i have seen something like it but on the replay it showed she only looked to see where the ball fell.. But i thibk that was later in the match. I will now look for the moments u talk about

• Quite disappointed by China's performance against USA. Many players were too nervous on the court.

Jenny's substitutions were quite questionable as well.

Anyway, both Serbia and USA improved and learnt to concentrate more after a defeat; maybe this is China's wake-up call as well.

• I didn't understand the commentator today who repeated many times that Akinradewo is not looking at the ball when blocking. He said that in the Serbian match also... Well first of all it's quite hard to keep your eyes open when blocking, because someone on the other side of the net is trying to hit as hard as he/she can to put the ball down.. it's a reflex. Second - Foluke is reaching waaaay over the net and she has her head above the net so I can't imagine how would she keep her eyes open?

Look at this pic. How does he imagine the player should look at the ball