2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• I Hope Russia would win those to 2 matches ...USA and China

• Match could have gone either way. Russian errors in 5th set cost them the match. Regarding Kosheleva, I don't think she performed below her standards. Serbian block and defence was just ready for her. Goncharova had a good game as usual but she can't win games all by herself. Still good game by Russia except the 3rd set. I don't think we can dismiss Russia yet. Game changer would be the match against USA, and with their backs against the wall, I hope Kosheleva and company will show their best performance.

Match could have gone either way. Russian errors in 5th set cost them the match. Regarding Kosheleva, I don't think she performed below her standards. Serbian block and defence was just ready for her. Goncharova had a good game as usual but she can't win games all by herself. Still good game by Russia except the 3rd set. I don't think we can dismiss Russia yet. Game changer would be the match against USA, and with their backs against the wall, I hope Kosheleva and company will show their best performance.

and also against China... RUssia have two crucial very crucial matches.....
    I hope Japan will screw up the tournament.hahaha

• If Naz can connect with Hill like Glass does Guidetti will be a happy man...

I dont think that will be a problem since Gözde Sonsirma loves those types of sets too. What concerns me most is Hill's passing because most players with good passing skills fail in Turkish league. If Hill passes bad, Buijs will most likely replace her for the season.

• Maximum possible points for non big 5 matches remaining and maximum big five points remaining
    USA 25 + 6
    Serbia 25 + 3
    Russia 24 + 6
    China 24 + 6
    Japan 21 + 9

I know that FIVB first tie breaker is wins. But let's breakdown points possibilities

If Serbia loses tomorrow, they will get to 9-2 but only 25 or 26 points if winning remaining matches
    USA gets to 22 with 3 matches to play with win tomorrow and Dominican Republic as final game. So 25 for US looks like guaranteed.
    Russia and China in same boat as USA (other than last match is Japan for China)
    Japan win over Serbia means 23 or 24 points with 3 to play, then Algeria (win guaranteed), Japan gets one additional win and they are over Serbia.

• I dont think that will be a problem since Gözde Sonsirma loves those types of sets too. What concerns me most is Hill's passing because most players with good passing skills fail in Turkish league. If Hill passes bad, Buijs will most likely replace her for the season.

Hill isn't that kind of player, She had good reception on WCH and now on WC. And even if she plays that bad, She is still better than Bujis.

I hope for win against USA and China! GO Russia ! But it is to hard.

• the best scenario would be an asian team and an european team to get to the top 2, usa won't have problems winning the ticket to rio in their continent anyway, plus we don't need anymore teams from CONCACAV, so they can go.

• another scenario IF Russia would BEAT Usa and China. Russia would have 10-1 record with 28 or even 30 points... China and Usa would end up with 9-2 record
    while Serbia would have 10-1 record assuming they would beat Japan ..they will ending up with 28 or 27 points ...
    and i think for me that would be the best case for European teams....

• the best scenario would be an asian team and an european team to get to the top 2, usa won't have problems winning the ticket to rio in their continent anyway, plus we don't need anymore teams from CONCACAV, so they can go.

Well thought! If it goes like that then JPN/KOR/THA have chance to race for the two available spots from the Asian continent, as well as ITA/TUR to contest for one remaining spot from the European continent in addition to the one reserved for SRB/RUS... three reps from each continent to better represent the real strength! :drink:

However, the road to the end can be slippery for either team :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I China doesn't qualify from World Cup, I won't be so sure it will in the continental round. Of course it's the streongest team right now, but it's AVC competition and you know: everything may happen. There are always great fights and battles among the big 4 (China, Japan, Thailand and South Korea) in continental or zonal competitions and lately South Korea and Thailand made huge surprises. China is the best team, but among asian ones everything may happen. Lang Ping is also struggling with injuries!

• I China doesn't qualify from World Cup, I won't be so sure it will in the continental round. Of course it's the streongest team right now, but it's AVC competition and you know: everything may happen. There are always great fights and battles among the big 4 (China, Japan, Thailand and South Korea) in continental or zonal competitions and lately South Korea and Thailand made huge surprises. China is the best team, but among asian ones everything may happen. Lang Ping is also struggling with injuries!

Just to earn one spot from two? What you said has pretty small probability, statistically it's ignorable.

Even without the presence of Zhu Ting and Hui Ruoqi they have enough fire power to deal with other Asian teams.

And to be exact the last hurdle for CHN will be RUS, not the host team!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Just to earn one spot from two? What you said has pretty small probability, statistically it's ignorable.

Even without the presence of Zhu Ting and Hui Ruoqi they have enough fire power to deal with other Asian teams.

And to be exact the last hurdle for CHN will be RUS, not the host team!

Just one team qualify from AVC tournament. Think about it, surprises happened many times lately among asian teams.

• Now if China win the rest of matches, a top two position is theirs

They can beat RUS, and of course JPN, they did it already when JPN hosted the WGP in Saitama with both teams fielded the core players, just don't see why now it's anything different. Can't recall the last time JPN beat CHN :lol:

Maybe I'm wrong, but last time Japan beat China was last year,3-0, in the Grand Prix. I´m quite sure China played with B team. With full rosters, I guess it was the extra tight match 3-2 in London. A sweet victory for Japan.

However, nowadays China has an advantage over the rest of asian teams. I agree China still has the power to deal with other asian teams even without Zhu and Hui. Japan will go to Rio yes or yes. They always find a way to qualify with all these tricky rules in tournments. Sydney 2000 was the exception.

• In that case, IF CHN pass the RUS hurdle and at the same time JPN do lose out their chance here, then thing will be quite interesting to watch out, whether or not JPN will play "nicely" in their last match since they understand what they gonna face in AVC for the only spot :lol:

• Maybe I'm wrong, but last time Japan beat China was last year,3-0, in the Grand Prix. I´m quite sure China played with B team. With full rosters, I guess it was the extra tight match 3-2 in London. A sweet victory for Japan.

However, nowadays China has an advantage over the rest of asian teams. I agree China still has the power to deal with other asian teams even without Zhu and Hui. Japan will go to Rio yes or yes. They always find a way to qualify with all these tricky rules in tournments. Sydney 2000 was the exception.

I should have made clearer my earlier post, that's a CHN team under the head coach Lang Ping (she's on duty since 2013) and playing the core (A) team.

And commercial-wise FIVB will be quite happy to see both CHN and JPN get through the 2016 Rio OG from the Asian continent :lol:

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Japan is the second ranked team at the moment so this means they will do anything to beat Serbia....dunno but i cant trust in Serbia...normally they can beat Japan at an away tournament 3-0 or
    3-1 but playing at home is a mega bonus for Japan ...
    seems they (Serbia) will miss the chance to be in the top two..i hope im wrong bcz i woudnt want to see them in Ankara...Serbia is offensively a better team than Japan ,it is clear..Serbia should win! i hope Boşkoviç can keep her level under "final" pressure..otherwise Mihajloviç cant win alone

• You are missing the fact that not only one team from AVC can advance. In intercontinal tournament there are 3 spots and one for Asia team. So basically if China is there then probably 2 european teams and China will advance AND first asian team. So in general they wilk get 2 places or even 3 if China advances in WC.

Anyway now everything is on Russia. If they beat only China then USA and Serbia go to Rio.

If they lose to USA and China, then these teams advance.

If they beat USA only then China and Serbia advance.

If they win both then Russia and Serbia advance.

Serbia albo plays Japan but I hope they can get through.