2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Mai Yamaguchi (174 cm) vs Stefana Veljković (191 cm)

Yamaguchi/Uchiseto (170 cm) vs Tijana Bošković (191 cm)

Here Serbia is winning.

Mihajlovic has troubles scoring with Haruka Miyashita (176 cm) in front of her.

• Serbia finally show us that height then power still matter in volleyball, even though the Japan have better team work!
    Simply brute force utilizing their heights.

SRB 2 points - JPN 1 point

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I thought wins was the most important stat, not points. So as long as Serbia win this set they have a chance. Is this not true?

i also thought that but usa and china have the same number of wins so points also importtant..serbia may need russia's support from now on

• Congrats Serbia! I really dont think they could lose a set against their next rivals. So they could finish the tournment with only one loss. Saori´s level was dropping throughout the match, what a pity for japanese team. If they perform as 1st and 4th set, Japan could bother USA and China.

Despite I´d like Russia wins its next matches, I dont think they could do it. They lost 1-3 vs USA in Omaha, without Kosheleva, but the level of their MBs is very weak. Kosheleva and Goncharova arent enought against these teams. If the MBs could score just a little bit more, Russia could have chances.

• Situation for now:

1. USA 22 7-1 Russia and Japan left
    2. Russia 21 7-1 China and USA left
    3. China 21 7-1 Russia and Japan left
    4. Serbia 18 7-1 done
    5. Japan 19 6-2 China and USA left

Serbia probably will end with 27 points, so China needs 3 wins also with 6 points to get even. Same with Russia.

Japan is 99% out of competition, each team would have lose at least once to make them advance.

• I thought wins was the most important stat, not points. So as long as Serbia win this set they have a chance. Is this not true?

Yes, but if they are tied with another team in number of victories, this 1 point they lost today would be VERY important

• congrats serbia.... i hope losing the fourth set wont cause them Rio..

rasiç,boşkoviç and mihayloviç(after first two sets) had a good game...rasiç and setter maja are the key players of the team ..stevanoviç had a weak performance..maleseviç is also trying to do her best in attacking but her reception is not better than Molnar's...

• i also thought that but usa and china have the same number of wins so points also importtant..serbia may need russia's support from now on

Yes, but if they are tied with another team in number of victories, this 1 point they lost today would be VERY important

Yeah, Serbia need Russia to beat China or USA and that will guarantee them a spot in Rio (as long as they beat Cuba, Kenya and Argentina).

• If Russia played against Serbia 2:3 then I don't see any problem that Russia can beat some of them...Yeah it will be very hard for Russia but everything is possible..This is volleyball :D

• :lol:

my stream link was suddenly dead and failed for reconnection...i missed the tiebreaker.
    it is not a good game for both teams, because serbia made so many unforced mistakes and missed quite some crucial points when they led ahead.

simply from statistics, Serbia was dominant in spike, block and serves, while Japan did well in reception, dig and sets.
    but we can see the 23 errors serbid made....without such big figure, they might win more easily.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• If Russia played against Serbia 2:3 then I don't see any problem that Russia can beat some of them...Yeah it will be very hard for Russia but everything is possible..This is volleyball :D

Russia are definitely not the favorites, but when they have their game on, they are dangerous to any opponent. Now I wonder if bringing just three MBs were a mistake, and as if there were good choices to begin with.. Shlyakhovaya would have surely bolstered Russia's chances pity she is injured :down:

• Yeah, I know the low percentage, but two years ago not so many people had predicted Russia would hold the trophy over Serbia or Germany, the home team. So I'm staying optimistic, even if they can't make it, life still goes on. Besides the team atmosphere still looks good, considering there have been some issues between Malykh and Goncha, apparently not such a big deal to be worried about.

I don't really like talking about unavailable players, but with healthy Morozova-Shlyakhovaya duo, Russia could have played much much better. I would encourage Marichev to bring them back next year besides Zaryazhko. Fetisova could stay in the team A I think, Orlova not a good player for this level, Lyubushkina perhaps in team B along with Podskalnaya, Dianskaya and Malkova.

Anyone knows what's up with Kosianenko? She was an incredible digger in the back-line until last year, but this year she's barely digging.

• sorry but im bored with reading all the same stuff.."weak russian middles, how it would be if shalyakovaya and morozzova were with the team", bla bla...especially someone is taking all about this on and on..we got the point,ok?

• sorry but im bored with reading all the same stuff..weak russian middles, how it would be if shalyakovaya and morozzova were with the team bla bla...especially someone is taking all about this..we got the point,ok?

thank YOU. Russia will always be the "if" team.
    "If Gamova hadn't returned..."
    "If Shlyakovaya was in the WC..."
    "If Sokolova would return..."
    "If they had a good passer..."

Everything about Russia starts with an "if" sentence.

• So, Serbia did everything that was up to them and they did it pretty well. Boskovic, Rasic, Mihajlovic, Ognjenovic :obey: I don't remember the last time the team played so well. 2011 probably.

Now, a bit of luck is needed and I think they deserve it. Davai, Rossiya! Help your fellow Slavic sisters :D

• thank YOU. Russia will always be the "if" team.
    "If Gamova hadn't returned..."
    "If Shlyakovaya was in the WC..."
    "If Sokolova would return..."
    "If they had a good passer..."

Everything about Russia starts with an "if" sentence.

:D
    everyteam can have "if's" but no need to talk about them on and on and on.. :pinch:

• So, Serbia did everything that was up to them and they did it pretty well. Boskovic, Rasic, Mihajlovic, Ognjenovic :obey: I don't remember the last time the team played so well. 2011 probably.

Now, a bit of luck is needed and I think they deserve it. Davai, Rossiya! Help your fellow Slavic sisters :D

Do you really believe in Slavism propaganda?