2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• No, Bjelica has been injuried and recovering, that's why I wrote it's a surprise she's picked and Drpa couldn't make the cut. To be quite honest I haven't seen any convincing performance of Bjelica apart from her senior NT debut in WC 2011. Boskovic will be starter, so I don't think it's such a big deal who's her back-up anyway.

What do you mean 'no'? No to what? I didn't say Bjelica wasn't injured.. I said maybe she is in a better shape now than Marta. I didn't agree with you on Marta playing quite good all summer.

But yes I agree, it's not that important who the sub will be

• No to my own irony, how can someone that has been injuried be in a better shape? :D Well, never mind anyway. My expectation for Drpa was really low, maybe that's why I found her performance PRETTY good. However yeah, she's nowhere close to the level of Boskovic or Brakocevic. Bjelica, not so sure, she's so weak to me as well.

• finally without Molnar :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• No, Bjelica has been injuried and recovering, that's why I wrote it's a surprise she's picked and Drpa couldn't make the cut. To be quite honest I haven't seen any convincing performance of Bjelica apart from her senior NT debut in WC 2011. Boskovic will be starter, so I don't think it's such a big deal who's her back-up anyway.

totally agree with you.
    boskovic was quiet this seaon but she surprised me a lot during last championship. i like her very much.
    she is more than enough for this edition of WC...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Russiavolley.com Russian World Cup roster

Setter: Ekaterina Kosianenko, Evgeniya Startseva
    Opposite Hitter: Daria Isaeva, Natalia Malykh, Natalia Obmochaeva
    Middle Blocker: Ekaterina Lyubushkina, Ekaterina Orlova, Irina Fetisova, Anastasia Samoilenko
    Outside Hitter: Ksenia Ilchenko, Tatiana Kosheleva, Alexandra Pasynkova, Yana Shcherban
    Libero: Victoria Kuzyakina, Anna Malova

• Russiavolley.com Russian World Cup roster

Setter: Ekaterina Kosianenko, Evgeniya Startseva
    Opposite Hitter: Daria Isaeva, Natalia Malykh, Natalia Obmochaeva
    Middle Blocker: Ekaterina Lyubushkina, Ekaterina Orlova, Irina Fetisova, Anastasia Samoilenko
    Outside Hitter: Ksenia Ilchenko, Tatiana Kosheleva, Alexandra Pasynkova, Yana Shcherban
    Libero: Victoria Kuzyakina, Anna Malova

i am sure the one badly injured will be cut....Samoilenko...
    and so as what i said, 14 players had arrived in Japan today, and Samoilenko is not included. :read:

to be me...

• So that means Russia shall play 11 matches with only 3 MBs :S Would be a nightmare if one of them gets an injury or exhausted quickly. Zaryazhko would have been so good for now...

• Korea NT 13 players for WC has been confirmed on August 06, 2015

http://www.kva.or.kr/korean/vi…d4a1f51f197b8c877ef88fe23

S: LEE Dayeong, CHO Songhwa
    OP: KIM Heejin, HWANG Younjoo
    OH: KIM Yeonkoung, LEE Jaeyeong, PARK Jeongah, LEE Soyoung, CHAE Seonah
    MB: YANG Hyojin, KIM Suji
    L: NA Hyunjung, YIM Myungok

to be me...

• only 2 MBs? i think kim heejin is also an MB, so she'll be their backup…?

i think the position can be flexibly adjusted...
    especially Korea won the silver in AVC championship earlier this year, Kim Heejin played as MB, as what she did in the league season.
    the opposite was filled by Park Jeongah, and she played just okay. Hwang could be the best opposite sub with experiences.

the main list of Korea IMO
    Lee Dayeong (S) + Park Jeongah (OP)
    Kim Yeonkoung + Lee Jaeyoung (OHs)
    Kim Heejin + Yang Hyojin (MBs)
    Na Hyunjung (L)

to be me...

• Chinese Roster:
    S - Shen Jing-si, Ding Xia, Wei Qiu-yue (whether she can play is a doubt)
    WS (Yes, WS, because not 4 OHs and 2 OPs) - Zhu Ting, Zeng Chun-lei, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Yan-han, Liu Xiao-tong
    MB - Yang Jun-jing, Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Zhang Xiao-ya
    L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

Hui Ruo-qi exits due to the heart disease.
    Chen Zhan is also out.
    It is thought that Wei replaced Hui at the last time point.
    Lang has no time to call other OHs or OPs (WSs).

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Japan roster

Setters: Haruka Miyashita, Chizuru Kotoh
    Middle Blockers: Mai Yamaguchi, Haruyo Shimamura, Riho Ohtake
    Outside Hitters (Includes Opposites): Saori Kimura, Saori Sakoda, Miyu Nagaoka, Yuki Ishii, Sarina Koga, Airi Miyabe, Yurie Nabeya
    Liberos: Mio Sato, Kotoki Zayasu

A very young roster for Japan
    I think that the majority of this roster is preparing for 2020, not 2016. Japan probably win not qualify, so Manabe is putting out the younger players to get them experience.

Publicly they are still saying the want to be #1, but they are behind Brazil, US and China at this point. We'll see how well the Hybrid 6 works in this tournament.

• Manabe is no longer using hybrid 6, Shimamura, Ohtake and Yamaguchi, all of them are real MBs.

• Russia's final roster. As expected Anastasia Shlyakhovaya -Samoylenko didn't make the cut.

S : Ekaterina Pankova-Kosianenko (Moscow), Evgeniya Startseva (Kazan)
    OPP : Natalia Goncharova-Obmochaeva (Moscow), Natalia Malykh (Odintsovo) Daria Isaeva (Omsk)
    OH : Alexandra Pasynkova, Tatiana Kosheleva (Krasnodar), Yana Scherban (Moscow), Ksenia Ilchenko (Ekaterinburg)
    MB : Irina Fetisova (Odintsovo), Ekaterina Orlova (Omsk), Ekaterina Bogacheva-Lyubushina (Busto Arsizio/ITA)
    L : Anna Malova (Moscow), Victoria Kuzyakina (Omsk)

Marichev said there are some more injuries but not so serious, I think it refers to Kosheleva, she's not participating reception practices yet, according to Marichev's interview.
    3 OPPs but 3 MBs ;) Hard to understand but the die is cast, I really hope they will qualify to the olympic games along with Serbia, the more european teams, the more interesting competition.

• Japan roster

Setters: Haruka Miyashita, Chizuru Kotoh
    Middle Blockers: Mai Yamaguchi, Haruyo Shimamura, Riho Ohtake
    Outside Hitters (Includes Opposites): Saori Kimura, Saori Sakoda, Miyu Nagaoka, Yuki Ishii, Sarina Koga, Airi Miyabe, Yurie Nabeya
    Liberos: Mio Sato, Kotoki Zayasu

Today team Japan held a press conference and there were still 15 players.(the above 14 members & Mami Uchiseto)
    https://www.jva.or.jp/index.php/topics/20150817-3

The one who will be cut is Miyabe or Uchiseto I think.
    About Miyabe, she has low back pain now and cannot practice until recently.

• And what exactly was Kosheleva's injury? I know something with her head

• seem there will more players cut off because of the physical problems, now we have Shlyakhovaya (RUS), Hui Ruoqi (CHN), Han Song-yi (KOR)...
    Kosheleva, Wei Qiuyue are struggling with the time to catch up with their best shape, but we will see...

i heard De la Cruz probably will not make it coz of her arm injury. she will be also a big loss to DR.

USA Libero Tamari was injuried at the last minute, who will not perform also...this is not that serious to affect the whole system of USA.
    but we will see if there will be Murphy, apart from this, i'd rather believe the volleytalk list 100%.

to be me...

• seem there will more players cut off because of the physical problems, now we have Shlyakhovaya (RUS), Hui Ruoqi (CHN), Han Song-yi (KOR)...
    Kosheleva, Wei Qiuyue are struggling with the time to catch up with their best shape, but we will see...

i heard De la Cruz probably will not make it coz of her arm injury. she will be also a big loss to DR.

USA Libero Tamari was injuried at the last minute, who will not perform also...this is not that serious to affect the whole system of USA.
    but we will see if there will be Murphy, apart from this, i'd rather believe the volleytalk list 100%.

No Murphy.. she not in any picture