You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 7th 2015, 3:53pm

Yes Brazilians made the same for Mari and Jaque
HUGE mistake. If I were Coach Ze, I would bring Mari as backup opposite and Fabiola as backup setter. Fernadinha and Tandara did nothing for the team.

I was talking about holding the shirts on the picture, because they got injured.. just like CHina did for Hui now

• "Akie Volley" is male

Favourite Team: Men - Brazil, Italy, Russia / Women - Brazil, Japan

Favourite Players: Marieanne Steinbrecher, Sheilla Castro, Saori Kimura, Bruno Rezende, Wallace, Ivan Zatsyev

Monday, September 7th 2015, 3:57pm

what a block-defence team it was indeed!! id never thought they would miss the gold :|
that usa team (2012) and brazillian team which won OG (beating usa 3-1 ..[should be 2008] in the final) were very good teams indeed
2008 was the best year of women's volleyball. Everyone has become an all around player. Brazil was on the top of the world because they are playing on another level. They have the best MBs - Walewska and Fabiana, and garbage-hitter in Sheila, outstanding libero in Fabi, amazing setter in Fofao, and the golden duo that made everything possible - Mari and Paula.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Monday, September 7th 2015, 4:39pm

"...MVP: Zhu Thing might be a good hitter and blocker, but she is no KYK. KYK singlehandedly carry Korea. She receives, she spikes, she blocks, she defends. I don't see Zhu Thing being able to do that. Still, she deserve the MVP award."

Or one can say differently that KYK is indeed the entire Korean team (just fill in any convenient X% contribution)!

Fortunately Zhu Ting does not need to carry all or most of the team burden alone or she will break her back pretty soon.

Needless to say how risky it is for one team to rely overly upon any single star player. And in that case of CHN team, I believe Lang Ping won't love such idea at all. Indeed she said in one interview after the victory that the team success among others was much helped by strong backup players.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samsara" (Sep 7th 2015, 4:49pm) with the following reason: correction

Monday, September 7th 2015, 4:41pm

"...MVP: Zhu Thing might be a good hitter and blocker, but she is no KYK. KYK singlehandedly carry Korea. She receives, she spikes, she blocks, she defends. I don't see Zhu Thing being able to do that. Still, she deserve the MVP award."

Or one can say differently that KYK is indeed the entire Korean team (just fill in any convenient X% contribution)!

Fortunately Zhu Ting does not need to carry all or most of the team burden alone or she will break her back pretty soon.

Needless to say how risky it is for one team to rely overly upon any single star player. And I believe Lang Ping won't love such idea at all. Indeed she said in one interview after the victory that the team success among others was much helped by strong backup players.

I think the comparison wasn't just about leadership or best scorer of the team but individual skills in which Kim is much better, including defense, passing and serving

ravens#7

• "ravens#7" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Monday, September 7th 2015, 5:52pm

KYK is better in everything. You shouldn't compare them. It puts Ting Zhu in a bad position... :whistle:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Pomi, Bergamo, Modena , NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Maja Poljak, Klara Peric, Nikolina Bozicevic, Destinee Hooker, Ema Strunjak, Monica De Gennaro

Monday, September 7th 2015, 6:39pm

Zhu Thing is better spiker than KYK, and in everything else KYK.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Monday, September 7th 2015, 7:18pm

For those who like to chew the numbers...

FIVB'S Player Statistics - Women's World Cup 2015

BEST SCORERS

http://worldcup.2015.women.fivb.com/en/s…ics/bestscorers

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

ravens#7

• "ravens#7" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Monday, September 7th 2015, 7:36pm

No way! :whistle:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

• "JuriTerreni" is male

Favourite Team: Brazil(M) Italy(M)

Favourite Players: Lucas Saatkamp, Ivan Zaytsev, Matt Anderson, Filippo Lanza, Jiri Kovar, GIBA, Facundo Conte, Seyed Mousavi

Monday, September 7th 2015, 9:19pm

Are you kidding me? Zhu Ting's blocking skills are far better than Kim's, give me a break, Kim is not perfect in every way. Kim's got only 6 blocks in the matches against CHN, RUS, SRB, USA, JPN, while Zhu Ting's got 21. Don't tell me that she's not in good shape now, she's never been good at blocking anyway...

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Monday, September 7th 2015, 9:51pm

I'd say Kim's better at everything. MUCH better receiver, digger and server, better spiker as well imo. Blocking is probably the closest between the two. Zhu still has time to improve, though.

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Pomi, Bergamo, Modena , NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Maja Poljak, Klara Peric, Nikolina Bozicevic, Destinee Hooker, Ema Strunjak, Monica De Gennaro

Monday, September 7th 2015, 9:57pm

How can KYK be better in spiking, Zhu is jumping higher and has stronger spike. And when I watched Korea-China, they dig a lot of balls from Kim and Zhu was amazing.

And stats are showing that Zhu T. is better in spiking than Kim :teach:

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Monday, September 7th 2015, 10:04pm

Please don't twist my words :hit: I did not say that Zhu is better than KYK, but I believe she will be better in the future unless she had any severe injury. Indeed, Zhu is already better than KYK's 20 years old version. To me Zhu has bigger potential, higher spike reach, better blocking skills. On the other hand, I accept that KYK is better at reception and has better serve. Still I believe Zhu will improve at those elements of the game as well since she will be under guidance of a great coach such as Lang Ping.

I repeat again, I don't say that Zhu is currently better than KYK but I believe that she will reach at higher level than KYK in the future. :thumbup:

Monday, September 7th 2015, 10:31pm

But also as we know Chinese players are injury prone and end careers early, se we can't speak for the future.. Let's hope she stays healthy though

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 1:20am

her name is Ting, not Thing.

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 2:44am

I think Z.T's spike stats cannot compare with KYK's stat. If you compare that you didn't know the difference in Korea setter and China setter. In my eyes, Kim attacked the bad ball more than good ball.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "terry10" (Sep 8th 2015, 5:55am)

pappi

Reflexiones del compañero Fidel

• "pappi" is male

Favourite Team: Brasil/United States/Россия

Favourite Players: Paula Pequeno

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 4:56am

But also as we know Chinese players are injury prone and end careers early, se we can't speak for the future.. Let's hope she stays healthy though

we cant say it will not happen, players may get injuried easily during the games.
but we are sure it will not happen often in China any more.
Lang Ping has introduced a new concept in training, recuperation and injury nursing, neither "devil training method" as long before, nor the unscientific training in the past 10 years.
the young players will be well developed and protected in the future, there will no overused any longer, then they could keep a high competition level for a longer period.
i may not be the tallest,
the fastest, or the strongest,
but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
to be me...

• "Akie Volley" is male

Favourite Team: Men - Brazil, Italy, Russia / Women - Brazil, Japan

Favourite Players: Marieanne Steinbrecher, Sheilla Castro, Saori Kimura, Bruno Rezende, Wallace, Ivan Zatsyev

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 2:19pm

Just wondering if KYK plays with a good setter and a much more all-round team mates like Zhu Ting did...

Zhu Ting is peaking now while KYK has been on top for years. It is obvious for a player, especially a one-man player, to suffer fluctuation on performance. KYK needs to rest and come back again.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 2:52pm

Just wondering if KYK plays with a good setter and a much more all-round team mates like Zhu Ting did...

Zhu Ting is peaking now while KYK has been on top for years. It is obvious for a player, especially a one-man player, to suffer fluctuation on performance. KYK needs to rest and come back again.
Though not getting enough sets can decrease the motivation of a player too. I think KYK gets that sometimes in her club in Fenerbahce when other hitters are used often.

vyz

Professional

Favourite Team: Vakıfbank, İlbank

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 12:55am

I got bored of those bashings about Zhu Ting. Yes Kim is the best active volleyball player(and the most complete) for most of the people at the moment. But she's not the only great player. Zhu Ting doesn't have to be a new KYK. She's already phenomenal as herself.

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 10:42pm

very nice analyses. completely agree with your reco.

Social bookmarks