2015 European Games - Baku / Azerbaijan - 6/13

• Serbia lacks of power, Drpa is a typical OPP for B team, not this team, I wish Boskovic were healthy and would have joined. Rahimova is playing like a monster, apparently nothing can stop her...

• I hope Malesevic stays as starter regularly unless she gets injuried. She's not a strong attacker but a consistent player. She and Mihajlovic would make a great duo and when either Brakocevic or Boskovic join, Serbia will be unbeatable again.

Zivkovic has been quite disappointing, I prefer Mirkovic over her.

• Polina Rahimova, wouldn't be surprised if she got MVP even though not playing final.

Why isn't she playing for a big club in Turkey or Russia or Azerbeycan? At 25 she seems to have matured and just improved as a player, i saw her play for Azeryol and saw nothing special, but this girl is blisteringly hot now. Surely big clubs must know about her progress, form for a while

Eczaci has signed Boskovic, the young seb girl. and shipped off Gozde Yilmaz to Yamamay on rental(sigh).
    Vakif has signed lonneke Sloetjes, not 100% sure on this, read headline somewhere on the webz.
    Fener could sign her maybe as i don't think they have completed their roster yet.

btw am i the only one who thinks Sloetjes is a bit over rated? she is alright but i think could end up as another Vaseleyva for Vakif

Looking at Rahimovas wiki page she seems to have signed for a Japanese club for '15, so maybe next season. Still i am surprised she won't be playing in europe

• Haha, I wish Azerbaijan had at least a decent setter, so many good attackers but a terrible setter :aww: I don't think Gasimova would play worse than Kurt.

Nikolic seems injuried and probably we won't see her today.

• I think many people now overrate Rahimova. She still has to prove herself at highest level.

Current European Games level certainly isn't highest level.

Just my 2 cents..

• I think many people now overrate Rahimova. She still has to prove herself at highest level.

Current European Games level certainly isn't highest level.

Just my 2 cents..

Despite not being a big fan of her I gotta admit she's playing very well through whole tournament and she played good in WCH last year as well...Besides she got much better after a rough season in South Korea, so I don't think she's overrated, but agree with you that she needs better to prove against stronger teams.

• Jeez, Serbia's 3rd set has been such a big disaster...I wonder what's wrong with Stevanovic, she was a monster killer in her club and now doesn't play well. I was thinking it should be connection problems with her setter, but she can't even block consistently.

• I want to see Azerbeycan at EC coming up it is hard to have opinion on a team in these circumstances playing at home and out of their skins.

For the past few years they have been not cannon fodder, but a team you had want in your group and fancy a win. Will be interesting to see how they perform away from home in big comps.

In 2nd set they dropped intensity somewhat and Serbia took it comfortably. They look like a team that needs to play high intensity. That may be unfair though it's been a long tourney, you can't expect a team to play every set as if last. Anyway they now look like taking 3rd set very easy.

Group A has proved to be the superior group, i thought on paper group B was tougher

• @Diesse and others
    if you browse with Firefox or Chrome, you should consider installing an applet that sounds like a greeting! in Spanish and will make you feel like you were anywhere you want in the world.

What?! I missed the part when Serbia was unbeatable with either Brakocevic or Boskovic.
    Unfortunately their coach has always been more interested in "trust" than in the actual shape of his players.

Speaking of Brakocevic, who is rightfully considered one of the world's best, what separates her from Rahimova?

Azeri could use a better technical setter, but it won't make a big difference in their offensive system.

Finally, the group with the host team is weaker by design. Back then, nobody knew what kind of players would have gone to Baku, so it didn't turn out as expected.

• We will have another tie-break...

Seriously, Zivkovic should consider changing her position to MB :D She blocks much better.

• Congrats Serbia! Busa did good, she is promising.. With Maja back and Boskovic they will be much stronger.. Only thing that worries me in the future is their lack of good liberos

True. I don't like Cebic nor Popovic :S

Serbia has got so many good MBs. Rasic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic, Ninkovic, Mina Popovic (another promising one), Savic and experienced Krsmanovic. Kinda unfair to cut some of them for final roster...many european teams lack of good MBs and Serbia probably only the opposite.