2015 Montreux Volley Masters - Montreux / Switzerland - 5/26

• why is this Tournament so important? As far as i know from the last yrs, may i am wrong, but the Hall wasn`t well-attended.

Switzerland-Volleyball are trying to be the centre of international Women Volleyball, with several Competitions like Club World Championchips, but actually nobody in Switzerland is interested in it.

Volero Zurich is putting a lot of Money in their Team, but even in the Champions League Playoffs, the hall was far away from sold out.

• Montreux tournament celebrates its 30th birthday this year, so it is a very traditional tournament and usually the first competition of the NT summer for many teams. While it's not "important" in the sense of giving points for world ranking or anything like that, it is surely important for coaches and players as a start into the summer to see where the journey will go. For example in 2013 Marichev's "new" Russian team presented itself for the first time in Montreux with a renewed style of play and some months later became European champion, last year it was the same with USA, their journey started in Montreux when their new style of game did not work too well yet but some months later it worked well enough for them to become World champion.

• no kutuzova or schcherban?????

• Russian team

3.Anastasia Bavykina (OPP/OH)
    7.Ekaterina Romanenko (L)
    8.Daria Pisarenko (OH)
    9.Daria Isaeva (OPP)
    11.Anna Mateinko (S) Captain.
    12.Irina Zaryazhko (MB)
    14.Irina Filshtinskaia (S)
    16.Yuliya Podskalnaia (MB)
    18.Irina Malova (MB)
    19.Irina Voronkova (OH)
    20.Oelsya Nikolaeva (OH)
    22.Ksenia Kravchenko (L)

• Kwiek dares to put a team with strictly no block :serve:

• and now Bonitta vs Pedulla 8o

• Chinese U23 NT got the victory. Yes!
    (Dominican only without De la Cruz and Marte? Valdez? )

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• It's always an interesting match when work ethic meets sunbathing at the beach. My impressions (after the last twenty points only):
    Dominican Republic, without De La Cruz, and this early in the summer, is hopeless.
    An athlete who doesn't take fitness seriously shouldn't be a member of the National team.
    By the way, congratulations to the editors of the website for the completely inaccurate players data.
    U23 China didn't impress, to say the least, against Italy B (or C or D). I suppose that this is just "an" U23 team from China. There must be many more youngsters that are already with the senior team.

I hope that this Italian team loses, a lot, at this point. It's more constructive and it prevents Bonitta's ego from inflating.

• how many players are using jump serv in this italian team?

All except Folie and Calloni, never seen such a thing in Italian NT team for years and years